[Definitive] Star Trek

Err I thought Vulcans had emotions they just don't express them.. Like silently being pleased, Angry etc.

Anyway the new series is ok. But I knew they would quickly be rid of this time shift thing. Massive cliff hanger from end of season 3 and they get everything back to normal in 2 episodes.. right nice ... bit like every other TV series going, like with the end of the last Smallsville series everything changed Clark goes off the dad has a heart attack, the new series starts after the first 2 episodes everything is back to normal. Clark is back dad is well etc..

Cant these writers think of anything more realistic. It feels like only Star Gate SG1 allows the story to change.. bring in new people kick out old let the characters grow and start a spin off.. Its about time Enterprise change more then ta'pols costume.

Err I thought Vulcans had emotions they just don't express them.. Like silently being pleased, Angry etc.

Anyway the new series is ok. But I knew they would quickly be rid of this time shift thing. Massive cliff hanger from end of season 3 and they get everything back to normal in 2 episodes.. right nice ... bit like every other TV series going, like with the end of the last Smallsville series everything changed Clark goes off the dad has a heart attack, the new series starts after the first 2 episodes everything is back to normal. Clark is back dad is well etc..

Cant these writers think of anything more realistic. It feels like only Star Gate SG1 allows the story to change.. bring in new people kick out old let the characters grow and start a spin off.. Its about time Enterprise change more then ta'pols costume.

584803320[/snapback]

Yeah, SG1 is about the only series I'm really tolerating right now overall. Smallville is alright and Enterprise has its moments, but overall they just jump through these large story arcs. SG1 feels a lot like TNG did, which is why I probably like it so much. Atlantis on the other hand... :no:

Yeah, for 1 episode, the leftovers from First Contact were found in the Arctic and came back to life and so Archer had to deal with them.

584791690[/snapback]

What???Why no more Borg?I may not be much of a Trekkie but I always enjoy seeing the Borg. :D

Enterprise is a pre-quel to all the other star treks, and the borg were never in the original Star Trek.

Also this might be the last season for Enterprise.

:alien:

Enterprise is a pre-quel to all the other star treks, and the borg were never in the original Star Trek.

Also this might be the last season for Enterprise.

:alien:

584804741[/snapback]

Both those points are up for debate.

Regarding the Borg, in Enterprise's timeline, it would be nearly impossible for them to bring them back again unless they want to mess up the storylines. Having the survivors of the Borg ship from First Contact was a nice way of doing it, but now it's much harder.

And for the season stuff with Ent, well that all depends. UPN still needs Enterprise, regardless of their ratings. None of their other shows make those type of ratings every week, other than Smackdown!

And the Borg *might* have been in the original Trek. In the Motion Picutre most people attribute the machine planet to the Borg.

And the Borg *might* have been in the original Trek. In the Motion Picutre most people attribute the machine planet to the Borg.

584804829[/snapback]

That's discounted in Voyager isn't it? In episode Omega Seven recounts a brief history of the Borg and says something to the effect of 700 years ago they were playing around with the omega molecule. 700 years is prior to the movie.

That's discounted in Voyager isn't it? In episode Omega Seven recounts a brief history of the Borg and says something to the effect of 700 years ago they were playing around with the omega molecule. 700 years is prior to the movie.

584804855[/snapback]

Not really, just because the Borg were around for 700 years or so, doesn't mean they couldn't have altered the Voyager probe in TMP.

They got a new writer who is taking the show in a completely different direction, their going back to the TNG style episodes.

584785844[/snapback]

Well, it could be worse ...it could be "back to DS9-style episodes" ... surely the worst blight on Trek thus far.

Well, it could be worse ...it could be "back to DS9-style episodes" ... surely the worst blight on Trek thus far.

584807063[/snapback]

I just hope they don't bring in Bajorans :angry:

I just hope they don't bring in Bajorans  :angry:

584807075[/snapback]

Doubtful. Wouldn't that be too far for them anyways?

Doubtful. Wouldn't that be too far for them anyways?

584807078[/snapback]

You never know. Depends on how sane they keep the storylines from now on. I didn't expect them to go off to somewhere to stop a doomsday weapon.

I didnt get how on Ep4.2 by distroying the time machine did they fix the timeline since the damage originated before they arrived in the past. Surely their presence and the alien's presence on Earth affected the time line. Hell, there were Nazi's at the White House! That episode is full of holes. And why did Daniels send Archer of all people back into the past? Can't he rely on anyone else?

Also, couldn't Mr Archer put a little more emotion and conviction in to his voice when he read the immortal lines from TOS?

See for yourself:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/videoview...d=6485&count=-1

584807347[/snapback]

Hes Scott Bakula, we've learned not to expect too much from him.

^He was great in Quantum Leap..(Y)

584807393[/snapback]

Well I'll agree with you on that. I've only ever seen a few episodes, and they were all pretty good.

omg, I hope that is sarcastic, cause Deep Poop Nine really blew IMO.

584807587[/snapback]

Yeah, they had to resort to a big war like Enterprise is/was trying to do to make it interesting. :sleep: