You have to Believe...

According to a poll in the Washington Post the majority of those who are going to vote for Bush believe that Saddam was in charge of the 9/11 attack, that he has WMDs, that the world loves Bush, and that all of the Islamic nations are whole on Bush's side. All of which has been proven to be wrong. They are also going to vote for Bush because he steadfastly stands by his beliefs, even when they are proven to be wrong time and again.

With an attitude and perception of reality that is so distorted that if Bush gets in again the US is really going to get screwed by Bush since they believe that he can do no wrong.

God help America, you're going to need it.

It was an easy stretch, at the time we had been attacked and Osama was the target. But there was intelligence that suggested there were ties to Iraq and so its an easy stretch to make. Bush and Cheney did not specificially say that Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks but that he had in the past and was currently (at the time) supporting terrorists including the Al Queda linked Ansar al Islam in the northern kurdish area. The American people where "sold" on the link even though intelligence has come back and cleared up that there was no "operational" link however there was still support going back and forth. I don't like how the Iraq invasion went down but I can see it as a long term objective in the GWOT.

It was an easy stretch, at the time we had been attacked and Osama was the target. But there was intelligence that suggested there were ties to Iraq and so its an easy stretch to make. Bush and Cheney did not specificially say that Saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks but that he had in the past and was currently (at the time) supporting terrorists including the Al Queda linked Ansar al Islam in the northern kurdish area. The American people where "sold" on the link even though intelligence has come back and cleared up that there was no "operational" link however there was still support going back and forth. I don't like how the Iraq invasion went down but I can see it as a long term objective in the GWOT.

584788698[/snapback]

I have already debunked your "operational" links in another thread. It defies both reason and common sense. The only possible reason for them to work together was "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but they had far too many differences to overcome. Saddam was a secular leader and Al Quada formed to remove secular leaders in arabic countries (like Saudi Arabia). They are polar opposities.

Edit: Operational or not, you suggested some sort of link.

Edited by fred666

Maybe I wasn't clear, I said there was NO OPERATIONAL LINK BETWEEN THE TWO but did say however that there was a mutual goal and support link. I thought I spelled that out properly but obviously not.