ZoneAlarm Pro Intrusions

Hello there,

In case you're wondering, I've been lurking alot at these forums, posting once in a while for quite some time already :p

Anyway, the thing is, my ZoneAlarm Pro which was barely up for 3 weeks recorded 96511 instrusions, in which 3541 of them are highly rated. How severe is this and how accurate is an 'intrusion' detected? Or is it just false alarm?

My computer is up 24/7 as much as I can, providing the hardware's still functioning, no program crashed the system, the internet isn't down, the power still comes in, etc. :p The internet is a 3.5mbit down and 800kbit up aDSL through a USB modem, so there's no modem-router to help with the security :p

I also noticed a HUGE memory leak which I would attribute to the existance of Shareaza being active. Currently, vsmon.exe is taking up a constant 5-7% of my CPU (Intel Pentium 4 2.4C (Prescott)), with 84,796KB of Memory Usage and 200,844KB of Virtual memory Usage. Due to this, my computer is now pretty much lagged whenever I try and open stuff and switch between programs. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

post-23724-1098707480_thumb.jpg

There is a key in the registry that stores all the intrusions logged.

584804228[/snapback]

Your point being? I did not go edit the key so the numbers appear in an insanely high amount.. -_- That IS the number of intrusions received, now it's up to 96640 already with 3540 high rated ones. The memory leak also continues, currently using 171,840KB RAM and 216,765KB VM..

post-23724-1098753857_thumb.jpg

It is probably the result of the use of BT or Shareaza. See if shutting down those progrmas stops the excess memory usage.

584806133[/snapback]

I kinda suspect Shareaza, since the memory leak started only after I had Shareaza on for hours.. But shutting it down won't just fix the leak :p Will need to restart to fix it, but I have something downloading in Shareaza that I had been in queue for a long time, so can't do that ^^;