43 members have voted

1. 1. Which M$ email program do you prefer

• Outlook Express
    • Outlook 97-XP (Windows)
    • Outlook for Mac
    • Entourage (Mac)
    • MS Mail (older versions of Windows)
    • other/none of the above

I use Outlook XP at home and OE at work. Honestly I don't like OE, but it is small and fast...I prefer Outlook simply because I regularly use many of the other features (tasks, to do list, etc):alien:

I use OE, has always been my favourite. I have tried many versions of the full Outlook but I really don't like it because I don't need all those personal organiser features.

I use Outlook XP at home because I use a lot of the other features too. That and it syncs up with my iPAQ, which I use at work. I wish I could sync up at work too, but we're forced to use, dare I say it, Eudora. (and not even a current version!)

Netscape Messenger 6.1 is my preferred e-mail client, but I use Outlook Express 6 to manage my Hotmail! The one thing I hate about the Hotmail integration in Outlook Express is that I can't block any senders! That's another reason why I wanted Netscape Messenger 6.x to support Hotmail accounts since they have a good filtering system that will work on any account, even Netscape WebMail accounts!

i hate Netscape messenger for N6.1 cuz they only have the arial, courier new, and times new roman font to create emails (same thing for netscape composer 6.1), i actually dont mind N6.1 though, although i'm anti netscape 4x.

theyBETTER add support to fonts that are not the default windows/n6 fonts lol. I like the look of the fog city theme on it, whenever i use n6 (which is rarely) i use that theme.

Office XP is everything for me and i never used OE just cuz it didn't have any features. I had to use yahoo to organise contacts and then that would include 2 different places for info. With Outlook all that stuff is oneplace so from everything Outlook 98 came out that's all i used! In Win2k i uninstalled OE just cuz i didn't use it at all.. not even for newsgroups (but I do now). I wish Outlook XP had it's out newsreader (they say it does but it requires that OE be installed. Makes no sense to me) LOL:cheeky: anyways.. it might also be because i love all Microsoft software and prefer to use those even if they are inferior.

I have to say that OE5/6 (well there's no difference) is the best for me. I mean I ahve used Outlook 2000 & OutlookXP extensively, but in the long run there are far too many options for simple emailing, I mean 90% of the features I don't use and the speed...well...

OE5/6 is a hell of a lot faster compared to the others, I can just sit back and watch my mailbox filters numbers increment by 1 in less than a second.

Me likes it a lot :rambo:

I use Outlook 2002. I'm also a PocketPC user and Outlook is the easiest program to sync to for mail and other PIM functions. We also use it at work so there's no learning two mail systems.:smart:

IncrediMail is ****! And sometimes, OE 6 can be a pain in the rear if you're trying to use your Hotmail account on it! :( And also, I was having problems with Netscape Mail, but that was due to my crappy connection, not that the e-mail program is crap!

How much memory does Outlook XP use (Not disk space) ? Since I was wondering how much more memory Outlook takes up over OE! OE takes about 20 MB on my PC!