Enterprise: Strange New World

What did you think of tonight's episode.

Enterprise: Strange New World (Ent 104)

Crew members become infected with hallucinogenics.

Trip, Mayweather and T'Pol go on a survey mission to a seemingly uninhabited Earth-like planet where a mysterious alien presence sends them into a state of paranoid overdrive. When a violent storm strands them on the planet, Archer must find a way to save his crewmembers before they turn dangerously upon one another.

It was ok.. I was looking for more action. For some reason i like it more when they are on the ship. For all who didn't see it and want to wait till sunday (7pm EST) to watch it again then don't read this but for all who just simply can't wait here's the treat.

Hmm fun huh! :) I guess the writers are still learning what makes us tick!:sleeping:

I'm guessing that some ppl dont realise that other people havent seen it yet. Follow me101's example and give a breif synopsis, not a full run through please ! (And yes I realise you said not to read, but it doesnt help if its on the page, scan readers will just see it without even thinking about it, use a hyperlink instead?)

And yes, I saw it, actually taped it just in case I missed it like what happened last week due to visitors!

Overall it was an OK episode, a 6.5 on the Trek scale, reminded me way too much of an episode on ST:TNG (although that episode was a lot lighter than this one), but at least it shows that the writers are trying to get into the darker stuff early on in the series.

The vulcan babe knows WAY too much and is not letting on!, and you can see that Archer knows this but has to bite his tongue.

Hopefully the up-coming episodes go to the guts of the mission, to boldly go where no man has gone before, and meet new civilisations.

I liked this episode more than the last one. The tent scene was hysterical! And, as an added bonus, Hoshi wasn't annoying in this episode! (I still think they should have kept the slug and left her on the planet....)

I just watched the first episode of ST:TNG and was reminded that it takes a new series a bit of time to fully develop. I think Enterprise is off to a good start and will be as successful as the other series (more or less). I agree that we need to throw some action into the mix.

Well, that's my 2 cents....

Originally posted by Pezboy

I just watched the first episode of ST:TNG and was reminded that it takes a new series a bit of time to fully develop.

Very true, the acting in those early episodes was hilarious! And the effects weren't that great either, but it was in the late 80s.

Back to Enterprise...

I am glad you guys say it is much better, because I have still not watched the previous one based on what everyone said and now I have good reason to watch both.

Hoshi wasn't annoying in this episode!
No, but that hick (tucker) gone crazy sure was...even if he was infected by hallucinogens.

Sorry, but you would think that perspective crew members of a long space expedition would be put under serious psychological stress tests before being accepted...Oh, I forgot, they were...oh well - GO TUCKER!

*slaps the writers for using clich?d, exaggerated paranoia*

worst ep thus far - at least the West Wing was pleasant.

I'm rather disapointed--so far--with this new series. Ya, I know I *should* give it a chance...but common..its 3 episodes into it already..the only reason I watch, now is because we only have 1 TV, and I gotta record it for the others. So basically..I'm not impressed. Im not excited to see what the next episode will be. actually..i am hoping it will get better..Enterprise is so far not blowing me away.

Common people lets see some *real* alien interaction, not halucination. or friggin 5 mins of an alien on screen..or what was that slow-mo, mysterious crap in the first episode? geeze..hussle hussle people!--or you might just lose me

The thing I noticed that I don't like the most is how Archer is so informal. He is always out of uniform, throwing a ball around, playing with his dog. He needs to have a chat with Picard.

But overall I am enjoying the new Star Trek, even if it isn't perfect.

gah me misses voyager :(

was a ok episode, new series is a bit nothingi might get boring real quick same thing each episode explore then learn to do things by the book as something always goes wrong

I do think that nothing will beat TNG and Voyager, but I found that I wasn't giving this series a chance. Despite it's obvious turn from the traditional Star Trek timeline and theme, I really enjoyed the episodes I downloaded off the internet, perticularly the most recent 2.

I started watching the first one and was so used to Voyager and TNG but I think this series has the potential to be better than Deep Space Nine if they keep the correct balance and don't get too casual...they need to keep it mission and exploration based and not get too off from the theme....and perhaps they characters mature as the series continues and the "crew" gets to know one another. It's defininitely trying to pick up a new audience it wasn't getting before, so let's see what happens.

... dammit!

Since I live in Germany Enterprise will need some time to be on air here. And 56k prevent me from downloading anything.

But I saw the screenshots ... so: What the hell!

The only REAL Star Trek was the good old stuff ... Kirk, Spock McCoy!

"He?s dead, Jim" "Beam me up Scotty"

Man ... that was cool:

Captian Kirk was drink alcohol, sleeping with half-nude human like alien-girls and shooting at ugly looking Klingons.

Spock made a little conversion with a rock meanwhile!

Man, THAT was fun! THAT was real entertainment.

And than came ST: TNG .... boring!

Everything is 100% political correct, you can heardly see a differnce between male and female crew members ... nobody kills aliens just for fun any longer .... everybodys talking about stupid wormholes and prime directives. Bloody geek stuff ...

OK, now there?s Enterprise!

Great! We get an old Enterprise back! Action, Sex, Rock and Roll!

Well ... not really ...

I saw the Screenshots ... dammit!

Where are the half-nude alien girlies?

Where are the bright 70 styled colours?

Where are the MINISKIRTS ???

I want MINISKIRTS!

I have the RIGHT to get the MINISKIRTS back!

You have the RIGHT to calm down.

They would never get away with doing that style anymore, it just wouldn't be allowed.

Personally the original series is the only one I don't like!

I want Miniskirts!

Well ... I knew I could make some Trekkies angry with this ;)

Relax ... I?m just making fun!;))

But I really want the good old Enterprise back ... with Sex, Miniskirts and ugly Klingons!

What?s worng with Miniskrits? What?s wrong with half-nude alien girlies? What?s worng with Sex?

They would never get away with doing that style anymore, it just wouldn't be allowed.

Miniskirts are not allowed?

Well ...

Originally posted by Gott

The only REAL Star Trek was the good old stuff ... Kirk, Spock McCoy!

"He?s dead, Jim" "Beam me up Scotty">

actually... he never said beam me up scotty in TOS... it was always, "Scotty, beam me up"

on a side note... from spaceballs...

"shall I have snotty beam you over sir?"

"i don't know about that beaming stuff, is it really safe?"

"ohhh yes, I had snotty beam me twice last night... it was wonderful........"

:))

I've just watched Strange New World episode and it was quite okay for me. Although that "rock people" was only a hallucination effect for away team. Hoshi just made her short appearance in this episode anyway :)

yeh hoshi is annoying but shes quite nice looking me thinks :)

lol from the minute u saw the extra guy (can't remember his name) who was coming down onto the planet with them - u just knew somethin bad was gonna happen to him - like when 'new' characters would appear in the original series.