[NCAA] Best Team in the Nation

Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best team in the Nation? And let us know why...

• USC
    • Oklahoma
    • Auburn
    • Wisconsin
    • Utah
    • Boise St
    • Georgia
    • Michigan

My Vote is for Auburn of course. USC will definitely stay at the top spot because they have no one left to play. USC's only test this season was Cal, and I think Cal is overrated.

Its a close pick though. Auburn and USC have the most balanced offenses in the nation. Auburn has the opportunity to have 4 Top 10 wins this season (LSU, UT, UGA, UT). That, I believe, will put them over OU in the BCS standings if the top 3 stay undefeated. Also, Auburn has destroyed every team they have played this season, with the exception of LSU. The closest margin of victory for Auburn since the LSU game is 18 against Arkansas.

Where's the Fighting Illini in the poll? :laugh: I threw in my vote for Oklahoma, you can't stop Adrian Peterson.

584837007[/snapback]

Only had room for 10. =]

I put in the remaining unbeatens and the 2 best 1-loss teams IMO. I left out Cal cause USC beat them, and I left out Texas cause OU beat them, and I left out UT cause Auburn beat them.

it would be a shame if usc, oklahoma, auburn, wisconsin, utah, and boise state all go undefeated though.. we need a playoff.. strength of schedule or not, undefeated teams all deserve a shot at a title.

Edited by CatnipOligarthy

Looks like no one has love for Wisconsin when they also have a top RB named Anthony Davis who will rip your defense apart as well. They have one of the best defenses in college football. They sure get my vote.

My vote goes to Auborn but why even put Utah on their when their toughest team was Texas Tech. Take a look at their schedule and see why I have a personal grudge against them. I just don't want to see another BYU type of championship thing happen again. Also don't tell me BYU earned that championship either lol :D

I'd have to say USC... OU just isn't playing as well as I think they should right now but it's close. I don't think Auburn can keep up without either of us though. Definatly 3rd though, no lower.

USC struggled against a weak virginia tech team, a weak stanford team, and shoulda lost to cal. thats not #1 material. OU could've lost to texas and OSU. auburn has played the strongest, most consistent football this year, hands down. the only reason they aren't number one is because everyone seems to think this year should be based off of how last year ended.

USC struggled against a weak virginia tech team, a weak stanford team, and shoulda lost to cal.  thats not #1 material.  OU could've lost to texas and OSU.  auburn has played the strongest, most consistent football this year, hands down.  the only reason they aren't number one is because everyone seems to think this year should be based off of how last year ended.

584842877[/snapback]

Fully agree with you there :yes:

OU could've lost to texas and OSU.

584842877[/snapback]

Actually, just for arguments sake, I'm going to disagree with the Texas comment. If you watched the game, it was a VERY defensive game, but in the end, they couldn't do anything to us, so it didn't matter. OSU however was close, and I have a feeling Texas A&M will be the same way.

USC struggled against a weak virginia tech team, a weak stanford team, and shoulda lost to cal.  thats not #1 material.  OU could've lost to texas and OSU.  auburn has played the strongest, most consistent football this year, hands down.  the only reason they aren't number one is because everyone seems to think this year should be based off of how last year ended.

584842877[/snapback]

Exactly. This National Championship game was decided by the pollsters before the season even started. Hate to say this but the only way Auburn will get in is if USC or OU loses. Auburn's last (and only) NC was in 1957, so Auburn's really gunning for this thing. Especially when our in-state rival gloats about their 12 titles every season.

The only way Auburn will get in is if OU doesn't cover their spread again and Auburn wins their last 3 (Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee*) big.

but look at their other games! vatech, stanford are pathetic! wazzu is a pathetic team, anybody in the top 25 would've dominated them. it doesn't prove anything.

@betaz

yes it was defensive, and texas wasn't able to do anything, but the fact they were only down 6 in the 4th quarter, right? anything could've happened...

@deceased_which_appreciates

i agree. and thats why there shouldn't be a preseason poll. those polls are based on nothing but opinion, but when the season actually starts, they get teams "stuck" in certain positions. just because USC shared the NC last year does not mean they are the #1 team this year. players graduate, things change, etc.