Zone alarm security suite

Hi everyone,

I have a windows me pc :/ with 667 mhz cpu and 128 mb of ram. I used to use norton 2004, but found it too resource heavy. I currently use zone alarm pro and am happy with it, so i'd like to try the suite with the av. What I would like to know, is the suite resource heavy? I need it to be ok on resources and keep a fast boot time. Is it good on resources?

• 1 month later...

I used to be a huge fan of ZA but had a program conflict with it (huge memory leak). So I switched over to kerio person firewall. Best switch I made. Lower memory footprint and easier to use IMHO. Give it a try.

Let me guess AthleticTrainer, you had problems with emule+ZA, then went to the emule forums and everyone there said to use Kerio. It's so weird, some people have problems with emule and ZA and some don't.

Let me guess AthleticTrainer, you had problems with emule+ZA, then went to the emule  forums and everyone there said to use Kerio. It's so weird, some people have problems with emule and ZA and some don't.

585166977[/snapback]

Don't use emule at all. It was with my PVR software (snapstreams beyond tv). When I do download, I use winmx and others. I honestly have never tried emule.

Oh  :huh: Then WinMX should have worked with it. Have you tried the zonelabs forums?

585174319[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, winmx and ZA never had any problems, in fact nothing on my machine had any problems except ZA and snapstream. But both snapstream and ZA said it was a ZA problem, ZA admitted it first, but ZA has no plans to fix it, so I needed a firewall that doesn't start to consume 500 MB of ram when I use my PVR.

Kerio (use version 4, a lot of people suggest the old version for some reason) is a good alternative. The interface is similar to ZoneAlarm, though some configuration is somewhat harder to do. Outpost Pro is also a nice alternative, but the interface and workings are significantly different.