configuring msn messenger on a router

hey guys/gals

since changing to a adsl router im finding that when i sign into msn messenger it will sign in but takes 5 seconds for the screen to load properly like the tabs etc almost as if msn messenger has frozen after sign in , but then it carries on ok . Im geussing ive not got the router config right can anyone say what i shud do so msn messenger signs in normally ?

wouldnt worry about it its prolly just loading your contact list / tabs

mine does that all the time when i sign in

if its just freesing on signin for a few secs and then continuing as normall i wouldnt worry

if it was freesing as in locked solid and the only way to cure it was to restart then id be worried.

btw what version of msn u using?

hi

im using latest 6 version ( not 7 beta etc )

i was just wondering if it was because i hadnt set something up properly on the router as i cant remember my old broadband modem doing this. Use to load more or less straight away but id rather be safer with the router than without it. Msn does sign in then freezes for 5 seconds then happily carries on . I tried reenabling upnp but that didnt seem to make the sign inb any faster. NAT + SPI FIREWALL + MCAFFEE SOFTWARE FIREWALL = ONE SAFE COMP :laugh:

well if unpnp is on it might just be talking to the router to open up ports for itself

even with upnp off it might be trying to talk with the router

either way if its only doing it brifly when signing on its nothing to worry about

well if unpnp is on it might just be talking to the router to open up ports for itself

even with upnp off it might be trying to talk with the router

either way if its only doing it brifly when signing on its nothing to worry about