• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Windows Media Player 10 [convert/sync]

Porsche Design    0

Dear Members,

I am having problems converting .mp3 files to Sync to my mp3 Player known as "Removable Disk (G:)" it converts to wma.

When I discovered WMP10, i wuz like: WHOA, it converts when i sync so i dun have to convert before i Sync, well, actually, drag-n-drop the files into the disk icon in windows Explorer. the problem is in WMP10, it converts to .wma instead of .mp3 and my mp3 device does not play that.

i know if i had gotten an iPod G4 this would have never happened with iTunes + its firewire/usb 2.0!

But again, i didn't and i have tried iTunes before, and it just got my files all screwed up cuz when i convert an .mp3 file to a lower bit rate, i would have double files having to delete the original .mp3 with high bit rate.

NiceCarpet    0

You are sure you have the Mp3 encoder?

AgEnTsMiTh    0

Moved Here

itsnotabigtruck    0

On the CD burning page, select MP3 as your format. MP3 encoding was added built-in to WM10.

Porsche Design    0

lets just say not all my music is rippied from my CDs

i select my device and it identifies it and asks me if i want it automatic or manual sync thenin a tab it says covert files for it and it lets u choose the bit rate but its for wma format not mp3 :cry:

thanx for moving it to the right spot

Sn1p3t    0
lets just say not all my music is rippied from my CDs

i select my device and it identifies it and asks me if i want it automatic or manual sync thenin a tab it says covert files for it and it lets u choose the bit rate but its for wma format not mp3 :cry:

thanx for moving it to the right spot

584913923[/snapback]

Did memodude's suggestion help? If not, then you're going to have to convert it before manually :(

mortee    0

Hey guys, has any solution been found for this problem since then (i.e. using mp3 format when converting for portables)?

cal2002    0

You can't do this with WMP.