High Preformance cars

are they gonna finally gonna make the GT40? i cant say much about the looks, but its got a 5.4L and pulls about 500HP, but so far its all rhumors... and where did u get .8seconds on the 0-60 times? thats way off!!

the 0-60 is the theoretical accelleration time. I don't know what the practical time is. BUt the theoretical time is if there as no friction, wind resistance, or gravity, but the wheels gripped 100% with no slippage. Its a number that serves no purpose other than braggin rights.

Originally posted by Opio  

Man.. not another one of THESE threads :disappoin

Its just gone a little off topic. :)

Remeber people, he wants suggestions on *cheap* cars which he can modify - he doesn't want info on million dollar Le Mans cars. :D

Keep on topic. :)

Originally posted by bayrider  

linsook Vipers have been eating the Porsche in Lemans GT, so i dont know.... Vipers pull more G's on a skid/slalom at a higher top speed than a $300,000 Ferrari so go figure, people just cant handle the way it could and should be handled, and for $80,000 what more could u want? ive seen vipers beat diablos stock for stock at a local strip, and not just by a hair...

thats great, and i know that..... but i wasn't talking bout a viper. i was refering to his charger :p

this dude knows what im talking about! not strong enough indeed. as i said earlier, my friend's doors ripped off when he was going 150 with the noz

Originally posted by Nick_Jones  

Dude get a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VI or VII, smokin performance! http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/PRODUCT...ancer_evo7.html

And as for the whole honda civic thing, nice cars, nice for budget, look nice, just not strong enough chassis to mod :(

Originally posted by Nestea_M@n  

Thats some interesting stuff right there.. :)  

Man i found some sweet ass pictures of the toyota supra, and boy is it heavily modified, i'll show some pics

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/196000-196999/196455_3_full.jpg  

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/196000-196999/196455_9_full.jpg  

191486_4_full.jpg

that car is soooooooooo hot. I always loved supras. But uhh... you wouldn't be able to drive that on the road. If that his a little rock or a bump, it's over for the car... They dropped it too much.. as hot as it looks, you go over a bump and your car is fux0red

u guys ever see the video or hear about the supra vs the f40???

surprising that the race was very tight.... if u guys wanan see it, tell me, i'll show u.

was these two

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=1991...rrari_f40-1.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/photo/245982...98397vsRfzszNsd

if my memory is correct, the supra was modded at 600+ hp and something bout when it reached over 300 kph it got shaky.

Originally posted by v0x  

the car is an Eskudo but im not really sure who the makers r

but it is one hell of a fast car

nice

And how many times have you seen one of these in real life?

I thought so...

Personally, I like customized trucks. I own a '96 Ford F-150, 351 CID. Engine, lowered so it's only 3 inches off the pavement, scooped hood for dual RAM air intake. It's a gorgeus truck. I did all the work on it for between 10,000 and 11,000 CDN$. If I had a web cam or a scanner I'd post a pic of it.

Originally posted by v0x  

the car is an Eskudo but im not really sure who the makers r

but it is one hell of a fast car

nice

it's a Suzuki. I remember cause it's in Gran Turismo 3:Aspec.

It's the car where you could tweak it to do a wheelie and hit over 800mph!

Originally posted by nemo  

it's a Suzuki.  I remember cause it's in Gran Turismo 3:Aspec.

It's the car where you could tweak it to do a wheelie and hit over 800mph!

tweak aka glitch.

here... what about this car...

Diablo GT2 1998, powered by a V12 6,0 litres engine with 600 bhp, bringing it up to more than 320 km/h and from 0-100 km/h in 3,5 sec.

gt2cart.jpg

Now if you want a REALLY fast car, you somehow need to get hold of a TVR Cerbera Speed 12. Of course you won't be able to, but you can make a damn good go of it... If you could, 800bhp froma 7.7 litre engine and 0-60 in 3.5s is pretty nice... It's one monster car though - it looks about a third as big as a "normal" Cerbera (which still does 60 in a respectable 3.9s if you get a top-end spec, 4.5 if you don't)...

I'd sell my soul for one of these... now I just need to find a spare ?600,000...