Compelling Pentagon 9/11 Strike Flash Video

This has been posted several times, and has been proven false.

584903401[/snapback]

by who? snopes.com?

what makes that site so credible?

the only reference to an author i can find is the "by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson" near the bottom. and of course they're experts :rolleyes:

by who?  snopes.com?

what makes that site so credible?

the only reference to an author i can find is the "by Barbara and David P. Mikkelson" near the bottom.  and of course they're experts  :rolleyes:

584903426[/snapback]

Yeah, snopes.com; http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

But what makes http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/ credible?

Edited by neotool

Yeah, snopes.com; http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

But what makes http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/ credible?

584903499[/snapback]

it doesn't have to be credible. you miss the point; it has not been proven false. anybody can go write on their website that something is true or false. that doesn't make it fact, and it certainly does not mean the theory has been proven false.

All these Pentagon theories revolve around one thing: a person's lack of understanding of the situation

Someone see's the facts that are available, says, "That doesn't make sense to me" and jumps right to the nearest conspiracy theory that happens to float by. If none are available, he makes his own out of twigs and sinew.

Just face the fact that you're not an expert and you're not going to understand it all, even when the data's right in front of you. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean the goverment is hiding the truth from you.

All these Pentagon theories revolve around one thing: a person's lack of understanding of the situation

Someone see's the facts that are available, says, "That doesn't make sense to me" and jumps right to the nearest conspiracy theory that happens to float by.  If none are available, he makes his own out of twigs and sinew.

Just face the fact that you're not an expert and you're not going to understand it all, even when the data's right in front of you.  Just because you don't get it doesn't mean the goverment is hiding the truth from you.

584904346[/snapback]

i never said they were hiding anything. please read my previous posts instead of letting diarrhea spew from your mouth. the writers at snopes are no more of an expert than you or i, and although this theory is highly doubtful, it has not been proven false (on snopes, at least) by anyone that is an actual expert in the field.

584903401[/snapback]

False, eh? So the footage in the video that was taken from news cameras was fabricated? Where's the plane wreckage?

584903401[/snapback]

False, eh? So the footage in the video that was taken from news cameras was fabricated? Where's the plane wreckage?

it doesn't have to be credible.  you miss the point; it has not been proven false.  anybody can go write on their website that something is true or false.  that doesn't make it fact, and it certainly does not mean the theory has been proven false.

584903942[/snapback]

I get what you are saying, perhaps I should have worded what I said more carefully. I have the same opinion as you do on the subject. In all honesty, I haven't really looked into it, but the the snopes.com explanation is good enough for me.

@Yochanan: If you follow the link I provided earlier in the thread, it explains why there was little wreckage at the site.

Because the plane disappeared into the building's interior after penetrating the outer ring, it was not visible in photographs taken from outside the Pentagon. Moreover, since the airliner was full of jet fuel and was flown into thick, reinforced concrete walls at high speed, exploding in a fireball, any pieces of wreckage large enough to be identifiable in after-the-fact photographs taken from a few hundred feet away burned up in the intense fire that followed the crash (just as the planes flown into the World Trade Center towers burned up, and the intensity of their jet-fuel fires caused both towers to collapse).

Small pieces of airplane debris were plainly visible on the Pentagon lawn in other photographs, however, such as the one below:

@Yochanan: If you follow the link I provided earlier in the thread, it explains why there was little wreckage at the site.

I'm sorry, I've already read the Snopes propaganda crap, and I don't buy a cent of it. One, there is no proof showing anything to the contrary. Just because someone can explain something away, means it's true? C'mon. There are NO photos showing any evidence that it was a large jet that crashed there. No scarring of the ground from the impact, no chunks of fuselage strewn about (except for a tiny scap of something obviously thrown from the building). No intended offense to anyone, but some people would rather believe a hokey explanation than to accept the truth--because it scares them. Also, the plane that "crash landed" in PA has a mystery around it as well. It was initially reported that the plane had been shot down. This is evidently true, if one examines how the plane (or pieces of) landed on the ground. One of the wings was found 6 miles (!!!!) from the rest of the main fuselage. Anyway, I'm done. The truth is out there. Seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened. I have spoken.

it doesn't have to be credible.  you miss the point; it has not been proven false.  anybody can go write on their website that something is true or false.  that doesn't make it fact, and it certainly does not mean the theory has been proven false.

584903942[/snapback]

Of course, you could look at this another way and say that it also has not been proven true. :p

Of course, you could look at this another way and say that it also has not been proven true.  :p

584906797[/snapback]

i never said it was true, so i don't know what you're talking about.

I bet you haven't even read the snopes.com article. I said read, not scanning it over briefly, blindly accepting the pathetic attempt at an explanation as true just because it's on snopes.com. We the people are too damn afraid to believe our government hides things from us and feeds us lies all day long while we tremble and ask for more. You certainly haven't bothered to read this thread from the beginning; for if you had, you would've seen that someone else already said what you just said almost word for word and you had to bump the thread just to be ignorant and redundant. 0 points, no soup for you, 1 year! :pinch:

I'd recommend that everyone reading this watch Alex Jones' "9/11: The Road To Tyranny", you might learn something. It's almost 2 1/2 hours long, but it's something that we as Americans need to see.

www.infowars.com

I bet you haven't even read the snopes.com article. I said read, not scanning it over briefly, blindly accepting the pathetic attempt at an explanation as true just because it's on snopes.com. We the people are too damn afraid to believe our government hides things from us and feeds us lies all day long while we tremble and ask for more. You certainly haven't bothered to read this thread from the beginning; for if you had, you would've seen that someone else already said what you just said almost word for word and you had to bump the thread just to be ignorant and redundant. 0 points, no soup for you, 1 year!?:pinch::

I'd recommend that everyone reading this watch Alex Jones' "9/11: The Road To Tyranny", you might learn something. It's almost 2 1/2 hours long, but it's something that we as Americans need to see.

www.infowars.com

584922459[/snapback]

Is the explanation pathetic because you are structural and ballistics expert or because it does not fit in with your crackpot ideas and paranoia? Sorry to burst your bubble, but the government is "not" out to get you. They have bigger fish to fry.

I don't have to read this thread because I've read all the material surrounding the incident and this hoax many months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading about this and looking at images a few days ago and find it odd as well. I know aircrafts fairly well and know that a commercial 757 like the ones american flies has a wingspan of about 124 feet, its about 45 feet high and 155 feet long. If you were to measure the damage at the pentagon, its not of any of those proportions. Also a 757 flying at 503mph, at an altitude THAT low should have caused some sort of distortion on that highway route and could have flipped over some cars due to the power of the engines. I mean these are powerful engines, and they were running probably at about 90% full power, now depending if they were P & W or RR, they would give out about 36-40,000lbs of torque. Thats alot of power, and thats not something you can ignore. So I question sometimes this whole AA 757 crashing into the pentagon thing. But then you question yourself, where did that aircraft really go if indeed it didnt crash at the pentagon. I saw they also found some landing gear, which is WAY to small to fit an aircraft of that size. But in the end, nobody knows the truth other than........yet again.......the US government, FBI, CIA, etc etc.

I do hate how the FBI loves to appear to sites nearby and yank video images and keep them to themselves. If I wouldve been a store owner I wouldve immediately taken the tape out, hid it and told them to tiss off because my cameras are broken.

okay - i just watched the vid - that aint no 757 :D

now i'm off to scrutinise the snopes.com rebuttal to balance things out :p

okay - snopes.com debunked it all - no mystery exists - they have 'evidence' from both 60 Minutes & CNN - therefore everything is sorted

ha ha - i'm now REALLY convinced that it was no 757 :D

peace y'all

Edited by rojack