This, is a reteaser.

I agree.  We English know how it should be said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium

The official IUPAC spelling of the element is aluminium; however, Americans and Canadians generally spell and pronounce it aluminum. Charles Martin Hall, who patented the electrolytic process, misspelled its name on an advertising flyer; due to the explosive popularity of the metal after he developed a more efficient process, most Americans adopted the new spelling. This change was accepted in America, but questioned in Britain because it did not conform to the -ium suffix precedent set by potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and strontium, other newly discovered elements of the period. Thus, the aluminium spelling became the most common in Britain. The United States continued to use aluminum although the official name used in both the United States and Britain in the field of chemistry remained aluminium. In 1926 the American Chemical Society decided officially to use aluminum in its publications.

In 1990 the IUPAC adopted aluminium as the standard international name for the element. Aluminium is also the name used in French, Dutch, German, Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish; Italian uses alluminio, Portuguese alum?nio and Spanish aluminio. (The use of these words in these other languages is one of the reasons IUPAC chose aluminium over aluminum.) In 1993, IUPAC recognized aluminum as an acceptable variant, but still prefers the use of aluminium.

Another theory on the difference in the spelling of the word is that the first shipment of aluminium to go to the US came from the UK, but the clerk spelled it ?aluminum? on the manifest, and that spelling has stuck ever since.

584910613[/snapback]

dont like it

make it transparent

584909822[/snapback]

are you mad? Seriously... bant is quite possibly the best themer I've ever seen... and you're saying it's bad. I doubt you know how to think very well...

Awesome bant. Can't wait for this :) 2005 :( Wanting this since I saw it over at gfxoasis.

lol, not so much a fan of the drama... sometimes its kinda funny to see the reactions i can get from people though ;p

thanks for the support everyone.

im aiming for a jan 1st release, figured i'd get ya all hyped up, then let ya forget about it for about a month and then BOOM, the theme is released, your imaginations have run wild, and you are dissapointed and disgusted with me. hooorah!

im aiming for a jan 1st release, figured i'd get ya all hyped up, then let ya forget about it for about a month and then BOOM, the theme is released, your imaginations have run wild, and you are dissapointed and disgusted with me. hooorah!

584911379[/snapback]

Good to see nothing has changed Bant. :laugh: Glad to have your humour back. :)

interesting... you should make it avaliable for other windows theme programs.. and have multi-colour support...

Sorry, not my taste.

Don't like all those white themes - they are just too bright for me - eyes get tired by the end of the day.

<offtopic>

Anyway, I'm looking forward for the public release of Reluna you have over there.. Bant, can we expect this to happen in nearest future? I still think Reluna is the best VS ever made - thank you.

</offtopic>

bant, you finally back.

hmm. seems nice to me. i need more images and more clue to determine if this looks nicer then the reluna.

i like the new colour concept thou.

p.s btw. im lovin' your sig. hoping you can do on for my site too. =P

Welcome back Bant. Im not one to speak much of this, since i dont know you nor the reason that made you leave (temporarily i hope), but i do know quality when i see it. Ive loved your work so far, and this teaser doesnt fall from grace ;)

hi bant. :)

1) longhorn themes do suck. i can't stand the hype and those ugly caption buttons

2) i always loved your work and this looks promising

3) spiderman 2 was really a horrible movie.

i'm just honest and this is my 2cents. i don't count on any other opinions. this is mine.