I'm going to be a father

Girlfriend took a test last night, because she is 3 weeks late. Looks like I'm going to be a daddy.

584922104[/snapback]

Run ! Canada is not far from you. :laugh:

Congrats

GL with that. make sure you think about things... i know im 19 and if my gf had a kid id probably want her to put it up for adoption cause i know that im not ready to be a father and i know she isnt ready to be a mother. all im saying is think about it. if it gets to be overwhelming, do what is right for the child and put it up for adoption...

congratulations dude.. don't listen to the people that say adoption or abortion. bringing a baby into the world is a  blessing

584923524[/snapback]

not if that baby grows up broke it ain't. but let me guess.... you live in a red state.

Another reason to use two layers of rubber :p

584922355[/snapback]

You utter fool! Never ever use more than one condom at once! The rubber rubbing against rubber increases friction and increases the chances of splits.

If you're going to use condoms, use only one. It says so on the instructions!

I'm glad that you are excited about it. But I think that the advice about adoption is a very serious thing to consider. You have time to have children for yourself later in life when you are more stable and perhaps married. There are many people who can't have children, who could support your baby and give her (him) the life he or she deserves. Unless you have huge amounts of money saved somewhere you should really consider adoption.

PM me if you have any questions. My sister just adopted a baby and it was different than I expected it to be. Very civilized and the birth parents of the child were in on everything.

<edit> in many cases adoption brings people together. you and your gf for example.

She is only ~3 weeks in. We are still deciding on what we are going to do. Most likely, we will be putting it up for adoption. Like you guys said, we are too young.

And no, I won't make any choices based on what people on the internet say. As excited as I am to be a father, there is already so much going on in my life, a child would be overwhelming. Adoption is my choice at this moment.

errr yea congrats...although i have no idea to whom the good wishes are going to, probably to the couple who will be adopting your baby since you are thinking about that route already.

Even if you don't want it, there are plenty of people who will..just be prepared to answer some questions in 20 years time when said baby turns up on your doorstep.

Your thread is titled 'I'm going to be a father'..where in actual fact, you got your girl pregnant..you fathered it...but a father is someone who will love and care for his child till he/she reaches adulthood..until you decide to do that, you are no father.

She is only ~3 weeks in. We are still deciding on what we are going to do. Most likely, we will be putting it up for adoption. Like you guys said, we are too young.

And no, I won't make any choices based on what people on the internet say. As excited as I am to be a father, there is already so much going on in my life, a child would be overwhelming. Adoption is my choice at this moment.

584925350[/snapback]

please just consider all the options. words can sound harsh in a forum but it seems like most are trying to be helpful.

as i stated earlier this happened to me in 1967 and i cant let this moment go by without offering at least a comment to you.

i think you already show enuff character to come here and ask us or maybe to share with us this situation that has entered your young life.

you decide and all the best with your decision for both of you.

only trying to help.

errr yea congrats...although i have no idea to whom the good wishes are going to, probably to the couple who will be adopting your baby since you are thinking about that route already.

Even if you don't want it, there are plenty of people who will..just be prepared to answer some questions in 20 years time when said baby turns up on your doorstep.

Your thread is titled  'I'm going to be a father'..where in actual fact, you got your girl pregnant..you fathered it...but a father is someone who will love and care for his child till he/she reaches adulthood..until you decide to do that, you are no father.

584925668[/snapback]

At this point in our life, we both think it would be in the child's best interest to go to another family. I'm not about abortion, so I'd rather see the child in someone elses home, being provided with the things it wants/needs, then in my home where I can barely provide for myself. If/when the child shows up on my doorstep, I'll explain to him/her why it happened. My mom has explained to me why she gave up my brother. She could barely provide for herself and me, let alone another child, so she gave it up to the father, someone that COULD provide. We aren't giving the child up because we don't want it. We are giving it up because we want it to be in the best place it can be, which isn't with us at this point.

Look, **** happens. Protection isn't always affective. Condoms break, like they did with my parents, and like they did with me. I'm just trying to deal with this ****, and adoption seems like the best answer so far. You don't have to go off and attack me because I want the child to be in the best place it can be.

please just consider all the options. words can sound harsh in a forum but it seems like most are trying to be helpful.

as i stated earlier this happened to me in 1967 and i cant let this moment go by without offering at least a comment to you.

i think you already show enuff character to come here and ask us or maybe to share with us this situation that has entered your young life.

you decide and all the best with your decision for both of you.

only trying to help.

584925733[/snapback]

I do appreciate you trying to help, and giving me advice and reminding me of my options. It just seems like sometimes, people are attacking me for even saying we are thinking about adoption. If they cared so much about they child, they would realize that we can't support the child.

I just KNOW someone is going to say, "If you can't support it, then why did you even bring it into the world?"

We used protection, but the condom broke. It happens to a lot of people. Just ask around.

Congrats!!!

Children are so great...Very emotional when each of my three children were born.

But nothing brought a tear to my eye is when my 7 year old son fragged me for the first time while playing Halo. That's my boy!!!!!!!!!