I'm going to be a father

Is it possible for a test to be wrong?

I know that it can say you are not pregnant if she really is, but is it possible for it to say yes if it really no?

BTW

this question has nothing to do with you, just a curiosity.

At this point in our life, we both think it would be in the child's best interest to go to another family. I'm not about abortion, so I'd rather see the child in someone elses home, being provided with the things it wants/needs, then in my home where I can barely provide for myself. If/when the child shows up on my doorstep, I'll explain to him/her why it happened. My mom has explained to me why she gave up my brother. She could barely provide for herself and me, let alone another child, so she gave it up to the father, someone that COULD provide. We aren't giving the child up because we don't want it. We are giving it up because we want it to be in the best place it can be, which isn't with us at this point.

Look, **** happens. Protection isn't always affective. Condoms break, like they did with my parents, and like they did with me. I'm just trying to deal with this ****, and adoption seems like the best answer so far. You don't have to go off and attack me because I want the child to be in the best place it can be.

584925751[/snapback]

I feel perfectly justified in saying what i did..don't be so quick to call yourself a father until you know what and how it is to be a father..and thinking about giving your child up does not make you a good father.

I can understand your stand off point about not being able to provide the best for the baby and that another couple can do better...you are thinking about its future right? fair play..who can argue with that?..after all you know your situation better than anybody on here.

Yes sh*t happens and you have to deal with alot of cr*p in life..we all do...i am a single mom of 2. I can't afford the best brands for my kids and i can't always buy them what they want..but you know what, i explain and they understand..that is what being a parent is all about..you just provide what you can..and kids only need to know you love them..thats whats most important in my mind.

I feel perfectly justified in saying what i did..don't be so quick to call yourself a father until you know what and how it is to be a father..and thinking about giving your child up does not make you a good father.

I can understand your stand off point about not being able to provide the best for the baby and that another couple can do better...you are thinking about its future right? fair play..who can argue with that?..after all you know your situation better than anybody on here.

Yes sh*t happens and you have to deal with alot of cr*p in life..we all do...i am a single mom of 2. I can't afford the best brands for my kids and i can't always buy them what they want..but you know what, i explain and they understand..that is what being a parent is all about..you just provide what you can..and kids only need to know you love them..thats whats most important in my mind.

584925956[/snapback]

what lara said

:( Great thats just what we need more teenage mom's.

I hate to sound cruel/mean but I HIGHLY doubt you are finacially stable enough to provide for this child. Plus your both still in school.

If you are and you are 100% sure you can take care of it then go ahead

But man if you cant afford doctor pills/food/toys etc etc and still not provide for your gf or yourself than please consider

http://www.adoption.com/

or

http://www.abortion.com/

woah, are you sure you can accept the responsibility? You're only 18 like myself..

Man, anyway best with luck to both of you , and remeber, "The Future is what you make of it" :)

At this point in our life, we both think it would be in the child's best interest to go to another family. I'm not about abortion, so I'd rather see the child in someone elses home, being provided with the things it wants/needs, then in my home where I can barely provide for myself. If/when the child shows up on my doorstep, I'll explain to him/her why it happened. My mom has explained to me why she gave up my brother. She could barely provide for herself and me, let alone another child, so she gave it up to the father, someone that COULD provide. We aren't giving the child up because we don't want it. We are giving it up because we want it to be in the best place it can be, which isn't with us at this point.

Look, **** happens. Protection isn't always affective. Condoms break, like they did with my parents, and like they did with me. I'm just trying to deal with this ****, and adoption seems like the best answer so far. You don't have to go off and attack me because I want the child to be in the best place it can be.

584925751[/snapback]

I agree with you, if you can't support the kid giving it up for adoption is a good answer. (I don't really support abortions unless under certain circumstances, ie, the birth would kill the mother, etc). It would be a big responsibility too with school and such. I'm supporting you here, and I don't think people should attack you for not being able to provide the best for your child but wanting it to have a good life. Good Luck with whichever choices you and your girlfriend decide on. (Y)

Geez, becoming a dad at eighteen? I'm going to be twenty soon, and I doubt I'd be able to deal with something like that. Good luck, and congrats to you sir. :happy:

Hey man I wanna say congratulations to you and to knight_rider also to ollie64.

And anyone else who had a baby and I missed.

In my opinion this is a very scary thing and you have to make sure you are prepared because it takes a male to get a woman pregnant, but it takes a man to raise a child.

Please be the best father that you can to that child, there is really no need for another maltreated baby in the world.

Regarding the adoption, I don't really know your situation and can't really say how much you can provide for the baby, however just because adoption might seem the easiest choice it is NOT always the best one.

You brought the child to this world, you have to step up and take the responsabilities. Unless you are absolutely certain that you will cause more harm than good to your family, thendo not opt for adoption. You don't know half the people out there, just because a file says a certain family in west virginia is good, it does not mean that your baby will be safe with them. Just watch the news.

Anyways man, good luck and if you ever need to talk you can always contact me.

I had my first son at 19, awesome experience. My girlfriend is pregnant again now, only 5 weeks into the pregnancy, cant wail.

Nervous? hell yeah, even though its my second one. Scared? **** yes, but it only means that it'll be worth it.

Best thing I have ever done was had a son, he's almost two now, and tearing into everything, but its all worth it.

hm im lyk onli 14 but just hope you make the right choice.

another thing is just think how the child will feel when he grows up and finds out hes adopted.

neway hope it all goes well.

good luk and congrats

Don't see it as a worry, see it as a gift  :D

584930370[/snapback]

Nice way to think about it. The misses is still not sure if she wants to put it up for adoption or keep it, but it looks like she is leaning towards keeping it.