Lost city of Atlantis found?

LIMASSOL, Cyprus (AP) -- An American researcher claimed Sunday to have discovered the remains of the legendary lost city of Atlantis on the bottom of the east Mediterranean Sea. But Cyprus' chief government archaeologist was skeptical.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/1...s.ap/index.html

So what do you think? Is it for real this time or another crackpot looking for his/her 30seconds of fame and some special on the discovery channel or something.

They will never find any city or country marked as or proven to be Atlantis. :pinch:

It is a Mythical paradise existing in the dreams of humans, and is based on 3 different lost civilizations.

California, USA presently represents this idealized paradise. :happy:

I'd like to think that there was an Atlantis, but until I see concrete evidence, not just sonar scans, I won't believe it.

584934859[/snapback]

same here :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
California, USA presently represents this idealized paradise. :happy:

584924278[/snapback]

I'm pretty certain paradise doesn't include being stuck in traffic 2 hours a day

Isn't there any technology to actually see through the water? I'm talking about the satellites in space, is it possible to see through the oceans and see what's below it?

• 2 weeks later...
Correct me if Im wrong but wasnt atlantis off the east coasts of the US/Canada? Right around where Titanic sank...

585083335[/snapback]

Nope, it was a story made up a long time ago. It was based in Portugal somewhere.

The story has been told for so long that some believe it is true now.