The Subject of Chatting

26 members have voted

1. 1. The Subject of Chatting

• AOL Instant Messenger (Any Version)
    • ICQ (Any Version)
    • Microsoft Instant Messenger (ALL)
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger
    • Other MSGING Programs
    • Combiners ( combining the major msg srv into one program)

Used to be a long time fan of ICQ, but it got very bloated...

Then I tried AOL, I'm a big time ANTI-AOL person, but their AOL chat client was not half bad, mind you XP still fritzes up at times with it...

Now I use Windows Messenger, not as full featured as AOL or ICQ, but for a basic chat agent i like what I see.

Have not tried Trillian, the conbined chat/IRC one... If anyopne has any experiences with Trillian, post your thoughts here for the rest of us un-educated Neowinians!

I agree with me101, ICQ used to rule the world. Then it got bloated, and it got deleted of my computer.

I switched to AIM, and its ok, and the only reason I sticked with it is everyone else uses it.

I use MSN Messenger and was partly "responsible" for getting most of my contacts to use it, Why?

because I find MSN to be a chat program that just does what its supposed to do! Chat, Talk, Send files and video (MSN4)

I also use ICQ but that is mainly for my non-MSN contacts. I have used AIM, but found it to be unlikeable software.

ICQ is bloated, but it's my mainstay. I like that you can store/leave messages for people who aren't online at the time. I use AIM from time to time, but not as often as I once did. I want to start using MSN more, but I only have about 4 contacts, so I don't really need to use it that often.

When MSN 4.5 comes out, I may have to give it more serious thought...

Originally posted by Webgraph

Trillian is too buggy and confusing for me! :D

The buggy bit is why I am waiting for the next version and the confusing was probably because you were using it in the horrible advanced mode.