1. 1. Do you belive in an afterlife?

• Yes - When we die, we go to heaven/equivalent
    • Yes - When we die, we are reincarnated
    • Maybe - I want to belive there's an afterlife
    • I don't know
    • No - When we die, that's it.
    • Other (Specify below)

So what do you think?

Personally, I think that there is an afterlife; it is my belief that we go to heaven or something equivalent to it when we die.

You?

Don't let this turn into a flame war, religious or otherwise; if you do not agree, simply do not post.

This poll has been done a million times, but...

After death, I believe we cease to exist, just like before we were born. There's no point in worrying about it though, it's not like my soul's going to be in torment

Nopes

the batteries dead the machine is dead

the stage is set the drama is over go home thts it

well said.

and off topic, is that prety zinta... man she is cute.

How can anyone know?

As a Christian I can't say people have come-up to me and told me they were from the afterlife -- there's no evidence.

However, I trust God who I cannot see who says there IS an afterlife.

That's why I fall under the "there's no proof but I hope there is".

"You and I are gonna live for-e----ver!" - Oasis

in fact there is, after you die you will see what is going to happen to you wether you go to hell or to heaven, you'll stay there until judgement day appears, when your in grave the time willl pass really fast as if ur sleeping, than when judgement day starts, an angel will blow his horn 1 time all ppl will die, than 2 horn al the ppl we'll be alive, than the judgment starts whether you go to hell or heaven, and this is a fact...

in fact there is, after you die you will see what is going to happen to you wether you go to hell or to heaven, you'll stay there until judgement day appears, when your in grave the time willl pass really fast as if ur sleeping, than when judgement day starts, an angel will blow his horn 1 time all ppl will die, than 2 horn al the ppl we'll be alive, than the judgment starts whether you go to hell or heaven, and this is a fact...

584944510[/snapback]

and i suppose that your religion is the only right one too :rolleyes: you, infact, need to take anthropology. and if you have already, then, infact, you need to take it again with an open mind. and this is a fact....

personally i believe (that's the key word there Hani) that after death our spirit stays and helps the ones you love. kinda like a circle of life type of thing.

PermaSt0ne, im my opinion my relgion is really logic people should be punished for their dirty work, and rewarded for there good work... I just typed my opinion, i know ppl will think diffrent, and you shouldn't beleive if you want. And to proof that my way of thinking i have many things to talk about if you want chat with me the msn messenger.

If you read the Holy Quraan Book you will really be shocked and amazed :woot: , it's like what is happening now was written from 2000 yrs, when I pray i say do god for example "please god i need to get a 90 on my math test tomm." and i swear on the other day i got it, the test was really hard but still i got a 90. When our prophet " Muhammad PSUH" won the war of a rome army, his ppl were only like 3000 wether the rome where 10000, and still they won some of the ppl with him saw ppl they didnt know as if angles come from the sky and helped them win the war :) , the knowledge that i know would shock you and start to beleive me...

I skimmed the posts to see if anyone here spoke of unlimited overclockability in heaven/the afterlife.

"Living is pleasant. Dying is peaceful. It's the transition that's unpleasant." - Isaac Asimov

If you read the Holy Quraan Book you will really be shocked and amazed  :woot: , it's like what is happening now was written from 2000 yrs, when I pray i say do god for example "please god i need to get a 90 on my math test tomm." and i swear on the other day i got it, the test was really hard but still i got a 90. When our prophet " Muhammad PSUH" won the war of a rome army, his ppl were only like 3000 wether the rome where 10000, and still they won some of the ppl with him saw ppl they didnt know as if angles come from the sky and helped them win the war  :) , the knowledge that i know would shock you and start to beleive me...

584944632[/snapback]

Ba-ba-ba-bollox!

This might sound wierd to many people, but I believe that after life your spirit lives on until judgement day when your body is reunited with your spirit (resurrection) Then everyone (minus a very select few, the bible calles these the sons of perdition) will recieve some degree of glory (heaven) acording to their decisions in life.

I obviously understand that not everyone believes this, and I'm not trying to convert anyone but I just thought maybe I could explain my take on the subject.

well if you were me you'll beleive, besides if someone believes in god then he should beleive what he says...

584944773[/snapback]

If we were gullible we'd believe. Is that what you mean?

How can anybody believe in something when there's no proof of its existence? And don't give me that "faith" argument. I have faith in a lot of things (nothing religious, just possible things that could happen in my life), but those things have some sort of evidence that they will indeed happen. Blind belief just doesn't work for me.

If you read the Holy Quraan Book you will really be shocked and amazed  :woot: , it's like what is happening now was written from 2000 yrs, when I pray i say do god for example "please god i need to get a 90 on my math test tomm." and i swear on the other day i got it, the test was really hard but still i got a 90. When our prophet " Muhammad PSUH" won the war of a rome army, his ppl were only like 3000 wether the rome where 10000, and still they won some of the ppl with him saw ppl they didnt know as if angles come from the sky and helped them win the war  :) , the knowledge that i know would shock you and start to beleive me...

584944632[/snapback]

Now, why would Allah (he indeed isn't the same as the Christian God as some may think) reward you when you prayed a selfish prayer? Good works won't get you anywhere if you do it for the wrong reasons.

Do I believe in an afterlife? Yes.

People who say "no" obviously don't know because they haven't died yet. All you can say is maybe there is, maybe there isn't.