Indiana Pacers Trade Punches w/ Crowd

Whoa!! That reminded me of the KC / Oakland game in Denver a few years back when the Raiders went into the stands after being pegged w/ snowballs.

So let's see. Stadium holds roughly 20,000 fans. There's eleven? players on a team, about 5 five coaches, and 4-5 assistant staff. At least half of those fans are probably Piston fans, of which probably 1/4 of them are pretty buzzed.

So...2,500 fans vs about 20 members of the Indiana Pacers franchise. Right.....

Anyone has a link to the fight, post it.

Story is maybe 15 minutes old. Recap for those that don't know about it. Rasheed Wallace gets fowled by Ron Artest and throws a tantrum (wasn't even that big of a foul). Fan says yea..kick his ass and throws beer (Espn analysts swear up and down it was a beer bottle) at Artest. Artest says why you mother @#$% and goes after the fan. Other Indiana Pacers also give chase. Fans say whoa...cool. Then fans say hey..wait a minute. 3 on 1..that's not right. Get them!

So...Pacers win the game, yet still get their asses kicked.

Edited by Callaway

Did anyone else see that? The game was called early due to a fight between the Indiana Pacer players and Detroit fans. To sum up what happened, Ben Wallace was fouled by Ron Artest (NOT a flagrant foul), Ben snappened and pushed Artest. Then a timeout was called, and a fan threw a beer at Artest...causing him to snap and run into the crowd. Punches were thrown...it was insane. Im sure ESPN will be covering it head to toe very shortly.

I have never seen anything like that before...It was a disgrace to the NBA, which was starting the season so well. Im interested as to what the penalties/suspensions/fines/etc. will be.

I wonder how long Artest will stay in Indiana till he is traded.

I think fans get with away too much these days. They really have to beef up security and separate fans and players and referees.

Is artest even worth it? Screw that, just like I told my friend, if I owned the team and he asked for a month off for his music career, I would have told him to leave and not come back. Pay him the rest of his salary and get someone who can actually lead.

This crap? The fans were dead wrong, but Artest agaon shows how big of a baby he is.

The fact that Artest was laying out on the press table...and then the beer was thrown at him.

Just pure arrogance, he's such a punk...All I can say is that I wouldnt want him on my team.

I dont care, I'm from metro detroit and drive down theere every day for school Say all you want, but that pansy ass artest deserved it. them being up by 15 no need to fould big ben hard then go lie down like an arrogant ######.

ESPN is blowing this out of proportion making the detroit fans look bad, we hadmost attendance in nba last year and behaved well, so what if this situation got out of control. Artest had no reason to go and throw bunches everywhere. he even hit some towel boy. If you wanna blame the fan that did that fine with me but dont make everyone else look bad

The way I look at it is this... If you pay for the expensive floor seats, you ought to have enough respect to know not to act like an idiot. You don't throw **** at the opposing team when your team themselves lost, and by 15 points.

I am in now way saying that the Detroit fans are bad...its just those handful that were (I counted 5-6ish). I just feel bad for that guy that intially got hit by Artest, and then the punk-a$$ sidekid of his in Stephen Jackson. That guy in the black shirt...he wasnt the one who threw the beer intially. It was the guy wearing the t-shirt with "Wallace" printed on the back (He had a backwards baseball cap on too). Just a mess...plain and simple.

Ok....I think the fans shouldn't have thrown things at the players. This was wrong and inexcusable. On the other side, as a player, you have to remain calm and can't let those things get to you (I know, I know....easier said than done). But the fact still remains, you can't go into the stands or hit a fan(s)....no matter how mad you are or how much of a prick that fan(s) is being. Artest and the Pacer players should be fined to the tilt and suspended for MANY games. How embarrassing for the Pacer organization and the NBA.

I think the only some of the crowd started throwing crap was because of artest, oneil and jackson beating up on fans who werent part of the beer thrower. I mean there was no reason for them going up there, the fans reacted in hate towards the pacers because of that... Seriously if artest wouldn't have gone up to the fans there wouldnt be other people throwing **** down there.

thats the way I see it.. the fans just reacted because of what the pacers did.

Xeonic... dont blame everyoen because of what some maniac did. I'm a true piston fan and from detroit so people like you who will point at everyone because of that is kinda sad.

You just gotta love those Detroit Fans, taking the team nickname the Bad Boys to heart.

I had a typo, It ment to say "I was in no way saying Detroit fans are bad".

Its just a shame that a select few are true ######

Edited by Xeonic

Hope every Pacer who threw a punch gets sued. Because you know...no way is Stern going to drop any kind of serious punishment on anyone, even Artest.

As for the fan? who threw the beer, arrest him for disorderly conduct and possibly intent to cause riot.

Xeonic - Yea..that was classic watching that little tubby get floored. Beautiful shot to. Espn showed it in slow motion...looked like Neo hitting Agent Smith in Matrix III. He's running around waving hit towel ...ding.

Xeonic - Yea..that was classic watching that little tubby get floored.  Beautiful shot to.  Espn showed it in slow motion...looked like Neo hitting Agent Smith in Matrix III.  He's running around waving hit towel ...ding.

584953995[/snapback]

LMAO :laugh: