Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

for anyone considering this monitor, stop considering and get it. i'm looking at it next to my old CRT and the difference is just incredible. MUCH brighter and much less blurry.

now, as doug would say, i just need two more :rofl:

It already HAS hit the UK :)

I've got mine on order and it will arrive monday morning wooo!

585021282[/snapback]

Indeed, just ordered mine but they did say it may take 5 working days, I'm buying this now and next time I'm in the US I will pick a couple up and sell the original one in the UK ;)

HEADRAT

I just got my monitor on Monday, hopefully when I go home next Saturday I will have my fun with it. This week is going to be hell (studying for finals). The 4 hour ride back home will kill me the most.

I got my 2005 yesterday, but I am calling Dell today. I have a HORRIBLE backlight on the upper part, and slightly to the right. The spot is so bright and washed out it even shows up in non-black colors. I'm pretty sure it is the display anyway, DVI link, Radeon 9600, but testing again with a 6800 this evening.

Other than the weird brightness thing, it is great, very crisp, and I played half life 2 with out any ghosting. No dead pixels, either.

It already HAS hit the UK :)

I've got mine on order and it will arrive monday morning wooo!

585021282[/snapback]

has your system showen up as past pre production??

as i have a system order, that includes the 2005, but its delayed as they have none in stock

Don't feel bad UPS picks today to require a signature, They've been leaving packages on my porch for years without :(

585018564[/snapback]

Blame Dell. The shipper decides if a signature is required, not the shipping company

Blame Dell.  The shipper decides if a signature is required, not the shipping company

585025134[/snapback]

I dunno about you but if something is 600.00 I don't want it sitting in front of my pourch able to be picked at by some sneaky neighboor or theif. I gladly would take a signature on something this valuble!

I don't know how you guys got them so cheap, the site says $799.00. :huh:

I don't know how you guys got them so cheap, the site says $799.00.  :huh:

585025574[/snapback]

there are 25% off coupons that take off about $200, $35-$50 off stackable coupons, then there is free shipping. the deal gets better if you are in a state that dell doesn't tax.

man im still in shock the color quality is just WOW.. granted i upgraded from a 17" samsung crt from '99... but still its just wowwwwwwwwwwwwerz

585024794[/snapback]

i'm upgrading from a 17" dell branded trinitron CRT from 1997 :wacko: i'm staring at both of them right now and this is so much brighter... the old one looks quite blurry now! :cool:

Well now all I need to do is get rid of the 19 Inch CRT, my 21 Inch CRT, and my new 15 inch LCD that I bought for my workbench and Ill have me one of these on my desk.

nope i still fail to see it on the UK dell website

even if i could find it i recon it could easly cost ?750+://

anyone want to buy it for me?:))

free "favours*" for the first person to buy me one:))

*favours include a "wow" "thank you" and a "your brilliant"

Thanks for this great review, I decided to upgrade my 17" Samsung LCD's to these 20" wide screens from dell.. These things are the best! The stand is so flexable and its great to have the monitors up so high.. Thanks again for the review! Heres a link to the system.

Yes your not seeing things. Thats 5 of them all powered by one machine. Its one huge desktop.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/galle...owse.asp?ID=563

has your system showen up as past pre production??

as i have a system order, that includes the 2005, but its delayed as they have none in stock

585024983[/snapback]

Well I called Dell UK direct, and had to really ask for it to find out that it was in stock. They want to get rid of their 2001fp's at the moment you see.

Got an introductory offer of 566 quid including shipping :D

And even better, its arriving tomorrow morning :D

And to those who don't know yet, it doesn't ACTUALLY show up on the website. You HAVE to call and ask for the specific model, and tell them to go check when they say its not on their computer systems.

D2Global: Oh my christ, do you have liquid gold pumping out of your pockets or something? That system is insane!

Well I called Dell UK direct, and had to really ask for it to find out that it was in stock. They want to get rid of their 2001fp's at the moment you see.

And even better, its arriving tomorrow morning  :D

And to those who don't know yet, it doesn't ACTUALLY show up on the website. You HAVE to call and ask for the specific model, and tell them to go check when they say its not on their computer systems.

D2Global: Oh my christ, do you have liquid gold pumping out of your pockets or something? That system is insane!

585027536[/snapback]

i have called and have been told the order is delayed cos of the lack of 2005's, when did u place your order??

Further Information

Order Date: 22/11/2004

Estimated Delivery date: 13/12/2004

And even better, its arriving tomorrow morning  :D

585027536[/snapback]

get some pics if u can mate

i have called and have been told the order is delayed cos of the lack of 2005's, when did u place your order??

Further Information

Order Date:    22/11/2004

Estimated Delivery date:    13/12/2004

585027621[/snapback]

I ordered tuesday morning. Dell are keeping the 2005fpw's secret it seems. The phone people will tell you they don't have it, the website doesn't have it showing either. I had to dig, and ask them to check whether they had them for mine. The woman on the phone said it was one of the first from the introductory stock.

And i'll take loads of pics.