Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD

I love my companies buy 2 get 1 free on LCD's from Dell. I just got 3 2005PFW's for the price of $354 each. That's shipping and taxes included. They are certainly sweet!

finally got mine! :D

its great, SLIGHT back light bleeding but really i see that on almost all LCDs. Doesn't bother me a bit, i think I have one dead pixel. Otherwise great deal for less than 400 bucks USD.

I could ask for another, but i think it could be much worse.

Check out some pictures:

http://home.mchsi.com/~jonathansmith68b/De...pw/2005fpw.html

I now have this monitor and i absolutely LOVE it! Since the 5G ipod doesnt come with a charger i had to leave my computer on to charge it, but since the display has an integrated powered USB hub I can charge my ipod right off the monitor without turning my computer on! NO dead pixels too :D

wow i didnt even think about that. good idea!

• 2 weeks later...

I now have this monitor and i absolutely LOVE it! Since the 5G ipod doesnt come with a charger i had to leave my computer on to charge it, but since the display has an integrated powered USB hub I can charge my ipod right off the monitor without turning my computer on! NO dead pixels too :D

Nice, that is a pretty good idea. :)

I bought one of these around christmas for just shy of ?400 (uk) including shipping through a 3rd party supplier. Definitly one of my best PC related purchases last year.

The only problem I have is the rest of my hardware isn't that great at providing wide screen resolutions in games. I'm gonna fix that next month tho.

I am purchasing one of these at the end of the month. I was going to get the 20inch normal (2001fp) but, this review and a cnet one decided it for me

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't be more happy. I origanally bought a Samsung 940B 19" and then the 2005FPW went on sale so I bought that while I was waiting for the Samsung to be delivered. Good thing I did too. When I got the Samsung it had severe backlight bleeding. When the 2005FPW came I brought the Samsung back.

all three he he

big_30531_dell-2005fpw.jpg

Dell 2005FPW is 300 cd/m?, 600:1, 1680x1050 Pixels, $529.00

24-116-371-12.JPG

Vewsonic VP2030B is 300 cd/m?, 1000:1, 1600x1200, $390.00 on newegg

Edited by thermal+paste

My 2007WFP has two stuck pixels, one green and one red, and is very very blurry even over DVI. I have never seen an LCD this blurry over DVI, so I am thinking that mine is defective. It's too bright out to truly test the backlight. But by shutting my blinds and putting a blanket over myself and the monitor I can see some bleeding in both of the upper corners. Similar to the spotlight effect on the gateway and samsung 215tw. If this isn't a defective monitor then the blurriness is really disapointing.

for all those in the UK, nows the time to get the 2005fwp. I just got one for ?300, bargain!! They're running a 30%off on it.

Just a question guys, how many boxes should i expect??

for all those in the UK, nows the time to get the 2005fwp. I just got one for ?300, bargain!! They're running a 30%off on it.

Just a question guys, how many boxes should i expect??

i got 3 with mine a few weeks ago,

1. Monitor

2. Instruction Manual

3. cables

My 2005FPW is great except for the propensity for screen burn. Use a screensaver or better yet, set your display settings to turn off the monitor. The burn seems to fade over time though so hopefully it's not permanent.

I have also this morning noticed what looks like a large smudge down the left side of the screen about 2cm in from the bezel. On a medium grey background, it looks like a darker grey smudge running most of the height of the screen.