IE freezes on new window

Ok, I have a small problem with one of my machines. Anytime I click a link that opens a new window it freezes that new window. I end up having to kill the iexplore.exe for that instance. Now I can either shift+click or right click and say open in new window and everything is normal. Only when I left click on links that open to a new window. Happened to a machine on clean install of XP with all patches applied. I tried doing a repair, both on IE6 and of XP. Does anybody know a way to fix it, besides a re-install.

I have a somewhat similar problem. Every time I click on a link that brings up a new page. Nothing happens. The title bar will change to the new page but that's about it. I have to go to the taskbar and right click the new page and hit maximize for it to appear. It does this with ALL new page links. It's really quite annoying. Let me know if you found a solution and I'll do the same.

-Bruce

i did a repair on the os last night. It did not seem to work then, but it does.

Kid death

I had the same problem once. It turned out that the Restore (not maximized) window was set for only the title bar height. Try setting it to the restore size and make sure it is a decent size then close all instances of IE. Open it back up and try opening a new link. That might work for you.

It's funny cause as soon as I posted about having that problem, I messed around with the MOVE and SIZE commands and figured it out. Thanks though. :)

-Bruce