Very Tragic Car Accident

***ANOTHER P-PLATE CRASH***

A young driver killed or maimed every 14 hours -- that is the sickening toll in a week of P-Plater carnage.

Since monday 22/11/2004 three people have been put in hospital after horrific smashes. - Yet the Australian State Government is

dithering over new laws to cut the toll. All the accidents involved:

?? High performance Cars (Nissan Skyline and 3 Subaru WRX's )?

??? Inexperienced Drivers (All P Platers)

? ?High Speeds (200km +)

?? People in Hospital (3 Dead)

SuMondayMonday 8:50pm: Three people dead, including

a pregnant teenager (Main topic article). Car split in

half, flew 40 metres inWednesdaynesday 9pm: Two people in hospital after a

wrx runs into a dry cThursdayursday 11:30pm: A wrx impreza is sliced in

two in a high speFridayFriday 4pm: A 20 year old lost control of his subaru WRX

slamming into a power pole in splitting the car into 2

AL$0 another article:

Boy 6 years old was killed when a family station wagon crashed into an open paddock last nite at about 9:35pm

wtf is this thats 100 hours and 3 people dead with a lot of good cars ruined. Is this ever going to end? How can it be that there is this

many deaths on roads after seeing what can be done to pricks like some of the:no:eople :no:

why cant you split your nissan skyline in 2 in NFS: Underground lol.

On a more serious note its tragic, but why drive so fast? 200 kmph is just a ridiculous speed to drive at let alone on a country lane (i think?). And its sick that a 33 year old knocked up a 15 year old, that bloke was 18 when she was born, 1 word sick :x he should be ashamed of himself.

i am glad that none of that goes on around here. there is absolutely no goddamn need to drive like that. ill do that in nfsu2 but damn... i guess i value my life a bit more than to drive like a fool. its sad, but you get what you deserve. lets hope this teaches SOMEONE a lesson in this world.

I think it's time for state goverments to beef up police departments...and giving harder, stricter driving tests to the learners.

584996686[/snapback]

Stricter tests never work.

They need to actively search for speeders and if caught, they should give them a really hard penalty.

Maybe $1000 and 5 points on their license. Then if they're caught a second time, loose your license for 6 months.

Trust me, anyone busted with that kind of penatly will think twice before speeding!

i am glad that none of that goes on around here. there is absolutely no goddamn need to drive like that. ill do that in nfsu2 but damn... i guess i value my life a bit more than to drive like a fool. its sad, but you get what you deserve. lets hope this teaches SOMEONE a lesson in this world.

584996772[/snapback]

I dunno, there are some places where there are no posted speed limits, and people get along just fine. It's more about knowing how fast you can drive than having a reason to.

Stricter tests never work.

They need to actively search for speeders and if caught, they should give them a really hard penalty.

Maybe $1000 and 5 points on their license.  Then if they're caught a second time, loose your license for 6 months.

Trust me, anyone busted with that kind of penatly will think twice before speeding!

584997024[/snapback]

Around here, if you're caught going more than IIRC, 30 mph over the speed limit, you get nailed with speeding plus use of a dangerous weapon. The ticket alone would probably be ~$500, not including court fees.

well, here in austin texas, people cant drive at all. its scarey. i could see how accidents happen. usually its the people in the fast cars, going alittle over the speed limit, then some retard who isnt paying attention or going near the speed limit cutting them off, making the person who was going fast dodge them and get into a accident. thats what i have seen mostly. its the people who go to slow that make the road dangerous, cuase they are usually the ones not paying attention. o ya, USE THE DAMN BLINKERS AND DONT TURN INTO A LANE WHERE SOMEONE BEHIND YOU IS GOING FASTER! making others use their brakes isnt nice and isnt needed on a highway.

sorry if im ranting alittle, but its bad down here. o ya, how can traffic be at a dead stop when there isnt a stop light or sign for atleast 20 or 30 miles down the road??? shows ya that people dont know how to keep moving forward....

o ya, women drivers = worst. saw a 4 car pile-up on a road the other day, all female drivers, all yappin on their cell phones. wouldnt be suprised if they were on those damn things when they got into the accident.

• 5 weeks later...

Abother P-Plater accident occured:

On the high way, they were young, hvaing some fun when they hit a truck... on the other side of the road... how the f*** can that happen :| And its holiday season lets see the toll :(

my friend has a skyline GTR. No bs. and hes 18. The amazing thing is he got it in 2002 (2002 model gtr) and he was only 16.

584984319[/snapback]

No insurance company would touch him with a barge pole.

This is mainly the reason why the government won't allow people to drive 200 KM/h on public roads. Stuff like this happen all the time, the quake in South East Asia is a real tragedy. This is car accident is more like: "hmm well that sucks"

The wreck wasn't the only thing that is messed up about that. Can we say PEDOPHILE...  :whistle:

584984423[/snapback]

How would you lot feel if someone from Natasha Schyf's family or a close friend of the family was reading this? I can tell you, that person would feel enraged at words like above. You know why? That person is me.

I happen to be close friends' with the deceased girls' sister, and as a result now am well acquainted with the parents. It's been a difficult month for her and her family, and all you pathetic people can do from behind your computer is accuse Carl of being a pedophile. For your information, the family accepted the relationship and was supportive. I agree, it wasn't a smart decision getting in a car like that at 7 months, but it happened, and it can't be changed. The people in this thread who are speak ill of Natasha and Carl should be utterly disgusted with themselves. I pray to God her sister never reads this, she and the family have been through quite enough.

I never thought I'd see something as disgraceful and tasteless as this. Wake up to yourselves.

Meanwhile, let me clear up a few things.

The speculation about mother/daughter tiff - bull

Child had already been named - not confirmed, despite media leaking

Chamberlain Road (It snakes behind my house as it heads towards the suburb whether the crash happened) has an approx 500m stretch of straight road, maybe longer. The pole he crashed into was a simple wooden telegraph pole.

And the poster who asked if 15y-o pregnancy was legal in WY is best served to remember this happened in Wyoming, NSW Australia. Not WY, USA.

I still can't believe some of the things said. It's been a hard month for my friend and for me to help her with her grief. Reading this has opened my eyes to some people's sickness.

Any questions, PM me.