Another 3.93GHz P4 vs. 2.65GHz FX-53

::off topic:: BTW hows the Ultra X - Connect doing? I have really been looking into those lately. ;)

585009315[/snapback]

Its sooooo sweeet man :woot: I love this thing. Great performence Supplies a continuous 500watt of power 24/7 which is superior as most other PSU supply there rated wattage only at ambient room temps then seem to drop down 100's of watts as heat increases. The voltages are clean and nicely regulated. This thing is seriously the best and also it looks super cool. Keeps everything so nice no clutter and junk. Also it is supposed to be super quiet but I cant seem to notice because my vantec tornado is at like 56dba sooo cant really hear anything else...

But bottom-line is BEST ****ING PSU I EVER USED :cool:

I cracked pcmark2002 :p and found out that it benches the C: drive by default which sucks b/c it isn't always your main drive, so I tested on my actual os drive (D:) which is my raptor and got a score of around 1500

585002914[/snapback]

how do you other drives compare?

ok call me a noob,  :pinch:  but is there a diagram on how they actually connect.

i been interested in them since ive seen them in Maximum pc :wub: one day

585009577[/snapback]

How they connect... Well they come with a few different cables mine came with I think 1x 20-pin, 1x 4-pin, 1x 6-pin Xeon, 2x Molex (1 Connect), 3x Molex Y (2 Connect) 1x SATA power (2 Connect) and a few more kinda forgot. But you can completely customise and use only what you want, really is a great product :)

How they connect... Well they come with a few different cables mine came with I think 1x 20-pin, 1x 4-pin, 1x 6-pin Xeon, 2x Molex (1 Connect), 3x Molex Y (2 Connect) 1x SATA power (2 Connect) and a few more kinda forgot. But you can completely customise and use only what you want, really is a great product :)

585009596[/snapback]

sweet thanks for the info, sorry for the temporary thread hi jack guys

585009596[/snapback]

Yeah, can't you dis-connect all the connectors that your arn't using unlike a normal PSU that u just have to try to hide all your unused connections?

sweet thanks for the info, sorry for the temporary thread hi jack guys

585009616[/snapback]

hehe no probs dude. Also its islanq's thread and he started the hi-jack by asking me about this PSU :laugh:

Yeah, can't you dis-connect all the connectors that your arn't using unlike a normal PSU that u just have to try to hide all your unused connections?

585009618[/snapback]

You can disconnect every cable there is not one cable fixed to the PSU, so you end up with a very, very neat PC + they dont only improve clutter and junk with this modular design but they ALSO make the cables sexy so no more red and yellow and pink and whatever wires its all factory shielded and junk and they put it in very sexy looking UV stuff. very cool

I cannot complete the test becuase there is a problem with WMV encoding, but I have WMP10 installed.  :angry:

585009894[/snapback]

Maybe try to un-install or reinstall? Maybe something wrong with your codec's. :huh:

Maybe try to un-install or reinstall? Maybe something wrong with your codec's.  :huh:

585009911[/snapback]

Just reinstalled WMP10, also got the K-Lite codec pack installed which surely has nearly all the codecs needed.

lloking at that tests this preformes, of corse it is going to favor intel. "WMV encoding" is one of the tests for example :rolleyes:

584987589[/snapback]

Funny. You'd think that since this program is 2 years old, AMD would have done something about that, wouldn't you? :rolleyes: