Best Windows FTP Client?

BulletProof FTP (www.bpftp.com) is what I use. Although it can't browse some elaborate folders(like com1 or dirs will all kinds of ASCII chars) you may need if you are visiting warez FTP's.

BulletProof FTP (www.bpftp.com) is what I use. Although it can't browse some elaborate folders(like com1 or dirs will all kinds of ASCII chars) you may need if you are visiting warez FTP's.

584987995[/snapback]

I used to use BPFTP but it seemed to have alot of problem as the web grew

Tango FTP

I think FTP never looked that good, and that simple. But they still got lots of work to do.

Springboard2.gif

584986034[/snapback]

Just tried this new Tango FTP (after I saw it on this post) and I love it. Best FTP app I've ever used! Just had a question before I buy it... You said "I think FTP never looked that good, and that simple. But they still got lots of work to do". Just curious about what you mean by lots of work to do? So far I haven't found anything wrong with it. Seems to work great and it's super fast...

[rant]

Can we give it a rest already - This freaking question is asked like every freaking day! 

[/rant]

584986459[/snapback]

Yeah, but I'm also lazy. Sorry about that. Thought I'd get flamed for asking the question. But I also knew that I'd get a quick response from some people who think they know what they are talking about rather quickly compared to googling.

[rant] like budman said, if your a techie like u said , then why are u here on the fourm askin whichis the best client, a. if ur a techie u should already know , always have tools ready when u need them, b. u dont even seem like a techie, and well its true, their are way toomany trheads on this matter already, so if ur so techie about things then why didnt u research  for known threads aready.. [/rant]

584986595[/snapback]

I've got a license for Transmit ftp for Mac OS X but no longer have my Powerbook. So I'm stuck on windows. Not all techies "already know" what the best client is. My project tutor is one of the top guys in his field (high performance computing, writing mainframe operating systems and grid software) but it doesn't mean that he has the time to waste to download and try out all the latest pieces of software.

I don't need to prove myself to you and I'm offended that you question what I stated.

:crazy:

PS. The userinterface on Tango blows. It doesn't integrate with windows at all, it freakin sticks out and looks like a right bodge job. For the most part Windows developers don't have a freakin clue about UI design.

ffs, read the thread before replying. No more damn annoying short replies!!! quit it already!!!
Divvnt be a silly poof, what more do we need to know apart from the first post?
I'm a techie looking for a good ftp client that can do multiple file transfers, is stable and has a good user interface (I know that one is tough on windows).

So what do you guys recommend?

You've only made like two replies :/ It seems to me from your first post you just want a recommendation, you dont ask for reasoning, or for those choices to be explained.

Take it easy man, and take your Ritalin

I don't need to prove myself to you and I'm offended that you question what I stated.

585014718[/snapback]

Whatever dude - I still fail to understand how getting 1 word reponses from people - like flashfxp, smartftp, etc.. helps you more than say a 10 second google, which would of pointed you to reviews, lists - etc.. How exactly is a listing like this http://www.download.com/3150-2160-0.html?tag=dir or this http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Interne...ts/FTP/Windows/ not faster and easier than waiting for the goof troop here on neowin to chime in with what client they use?

For example, flashfxp - the first answer to your question does not even support multiple file xfers (which you asked for). Oh it will queue them up and do them one after the other. But that is not doing multiple xfers if you ask me.

And no a techie does not need to know off the top of his head, what is the "best" ftp client - but you would think from their techy browsing, they would atleast know the names of a few different clients, etc.. Shoot you have been on neowin since what June of 2k, with enough time to post 300+ some times. And you did not not happen across multiple threads asking the same freaking question, or atleast talking about the VAST majority of clients mentioned in this thread? BS!

But for sure - if they call themselves a techie, they would know where to find out vs posting another "Best ??? Software" thread. Which more times than not only produce answers from - you put it quite appropriately

people who think they know what they are talking about

Exactly what info besides now 5 pages of "I use FlashFXP, I use SmartFTP, I use XYZ client" What have you gained from this thread that could not have been learned in 10 seconds of a google search?

So I am sorry you took offense an the notion that your not a techie, but come on dude.... That was not meant as a personal attack - it was a RANT about the constant stream of freaking BEST ???? threads. So no from your post - I do not believe you are the techie you think you are, what I think - you said yourself

I'm also lazy

:whistle:

PS. The userinterface on Tango blows. It doesn't integrate with windows at all, it freakin sticks out and looks like a right bodge job. For the most part Windows developers don't have a freakin clue about UI design.

585014718[/snapback]

Hey The "Techie" dude...

How could you even see the Tango interface when your head is up your ass! I'm a graphic and web designer and I maintain a lot of websites daily. This is by far the easiest FTP I've used and personally I've never used a seen a better looking Windows app...

I mean compare the UI to the competition....

post-83544-1101841482_thumb.jpg

post-83544-1101841520_thumb.jpg

post-83544-1101841561.gif

post-83544-1101841587_thumb.jpg

flashfxp (thanks neowin october giveaway contest for making me win a license for it)

585015241[/snapback]

I wasn't that lucky to get a free license, but FlashSXP is the best FTP client I ever used! (Y)

Tango is causing quite a stir for good reasons. I for one think that Tango FTP is a much needed breath of fresh air as far as Windows UI's are concerned. I absolutley love it! I purchased Tango after two days of using it. The only FTP besides Tango that I still use is Transmit for OS X.