Attn : Emuzombie - Pls Teach Me !

Hey dude this post is primarily for you, as I dont know if you read yer PM's, (I sent you a couple asking if you wanted anything in return for ST:E) so I'll ask here.

Could you explain to a computer illiterate freak of nature like me EXACTLY how you get the Enterprise episodes from VHS to a 150MB file? I have 80% of the Babylon 5 collection on VHS that I would love to digitise, but my best effort was only an 800MB with no audio file HAHA.

For reference I have

650MHz AMD

384MB Ram

Lots of hard disk space

XP on NTFS

Hauppauge WinTV-USB (doesnt do direct MPEG encoding, rather 320x240 avi)

Thanks in advance (any other replies appreciated)

well, since your card doesn't do direct mpeg encoding, you'll have to do the 320x240 avi.. A program that will do this and that is included with the WinTV files is "Vidcap32"

Because of the limitations of this program you can encode it directly to divx video but unfortunately only uncompressed audio. To set it up to encode it directly to divx choose Compression from the Options menu. The select divx low motion, then configure. Put the data rate to around 400-500 and leave the compression control at its current level.

To be honest, that's the only way I know how to do it for your situation, I normally encode it to an NTSC compliant VCD mpeg and then re-encode it to divx. (btw, I don't use a vcr I do it in real time, and the last episode wasn't capped by me cause of a hardware failure and you know... it's not like I can go back in time to try it again :p)

Ok thanks dude I'll have to give it another go some time :) Hehe, you still da man tho, you still got the latest episode to us, and for that I'm always thankful ! I'm the envy of university hahaha

My PC Specifications:

- Intel Pentium III 450 MHz

- 128 Mb RAM PC100

- Hercules 3D Prophet II MX (32 Mb AGP Retail)

- SoundBlaster Live!

- Zodiac Speakers with Subwoofer

- NEC MultiSync XV17 (17'')

- Windows 98SE

they don't make PIII in 450mhz.... what'd you do? Lie, or under clock it?

maybe i should remind you that there are katmai p3's? =)

i had two of them on my dual-board. they're slot-1 while the other p3's are fcpga.

// grimman

Originally posted by EmuZombie

they don't make PIII in 450mhz.... what'd you do? Lie, or under clock it?

it's ok EmuZombie we all make mistakes :) That's my first and only P3 that I had too. Then i went to a 750Mhz T-bird then now up to my lovely 1.2ghz 266mhz T-Bird! HEHE

don't diss EmuZombie

grrrrr........

:evil:

he the man!

thx for this episode - i thought it was really cool and almost scary at some points...

T'Pol looked cool when she got 'emotional'..... :)

i still feel sik when that disgustin intro music starts up thou eheh

oh yeh i did notice the 'capped by cidtv' thing at the start..

was it the exact same compression ratio as urs - or did u re-encode it from them?

Yeah ... i hate that freaking music too. It sux bigtime! I'm missing the second episode though. There have been a total or "4" now (the first episode had a part 1 and part 1) and in that light the 3rd one is what I want. If i haven't confused you yet here it goes...

First Episode ---(Part 1,Part 2)--- *****

Second Episode

Third Episode *****

Does anyone have the second episode, I haven't checked with the source yet but i don't think he'd keep them this long?

It was orignally a vcd mpeg, and I just re-encoded it to divx (and cropped it a little bit to cut down file size, since it's shown in wide screen anyway)

oh and btw...

Enterprise - Broken Bow - Part 1 = s01e01

Enterprise - Broken Bow - Part 2 = s01e02

Enterprise - Fight or Flight = s01e03

So you do have all of them :) at the time I named the files the was no episode listing avaliable (that I could find) So I thought part 1 and 2 both were just episode 1

You guys are nutz.. but EmuZombie do yo still have "Fight or Flight" on your FTP? Or do you know anywhere that I can get it. I don't think i seen that one :) and I can finally do some recording too. I got WinDVR finally and i can use that to record my shows that i miss (for educational purposes of-course. Wow, i didn't know girls could bend in those positions. Oh and what's that? Let me rewind it !:p ) HEHE.. thanx for all your hard work man!

yeah, all episodes are still on it... as of now I don't need the hard dirve space they occupy, the first thing to be deleted if i ever need the space is the vcd of episode 1 (and 2...) it's 1.2 gigs for something ;)

anyone remember crystal clear pepsi? dunno if they released it world wide, but i know they did here in the states... god that was good...

(could this thread possibly get any more off topic?)

OK why have i downloaded "ste03" like 3 times already and everytime I get it, the files are currupt during extraction. I don't think it's me anymore because as I said i've tried 3 times with the same result. EW could you just unrar them on you PC since it's only like 147MB so i can download the whole file instead of small peices. Thanx