very useful website

Question

So, its a Friday, and i'm bored. So, i thought why not do somthing to help others, fair enough i thought, but what?

No iv'e decided for it to be a website, and i know search engines and things to help people find information(eg. directorys) are useful, but there are already loads around.

So, can you help me think of a useful service(one that is legal)?

Find?

I'm trying to find ideas for a useful, yet origional web service becuase i'm bored.

(no, dont look for a website like that, i'm making it)

I guess listing freeware alternatives for commercial programs is something you could devote yourself to, and something I would use if it was done nicely and completely :yes:

Yes, i want to create a service for people. There are other reasons than being bored.

Not in 5 mins. In a few weeks probabily.

(keeping in mind that i have coursework to do)

OMG don't do something that you really never used or how it works. Because if we give ideas, then you might just ask for step by step guide on how to do it. I recommend read a book because since you are bored, you might start a new service and then close the service because you might get bored :p

OMG don't do something that you really never used or how it works. Because if we give ideas, then you might just ask for step by step guide on how to do it. I recommend read a book because since you are bored, you might start a new service and then close the service because you might get bored :p

584993103[/snapback]

Like youre forced to help him. :rolleyes:

How about if you're bored go out and do something with your friends. like someone else mentioned, dont start something of that nature just because you're bored because you will drop it in a month or so.

not trying to flame or anything but you know...

Wow.

Wasnt expecting that sort of response.

Ive done the basic layout and the search page, ill do the rest during the upincmoing week. Or ill 'make' my mate do it for me as he is much better at php than me </arsekissing>

This better take off.

Any of you other neowinians what do you think of it?

Do you know when you'll have some listings on there, im happy to advertise this in my sig, what shall I say and what link shall I give? By the way people, you can search % to display the whole directory!

No idea unfortunatly.

I normally go though the pages in order, so ill do about first.

A link would be great but its on my server on this computer and isnt on always(i wouldnt get any sleep otherwise).

As soon as i have finished i will host it. I might go paid hosting.

Didnt think i would get this much good feedback.