A Beggar asks you for Money

A Beggar asks you for Money - Do you?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. A Beggar asks you for Money - Do you?

• Give a coin
    • Ignore
    • Give a coin only if you have Friends around you
    • Give all you have on your Account
    • Give a sandwich/apple/sushi etc
    • Pull out the Vodka/Heroin/Glue etc and Rawk
    • Take him/her home and include in your family/life
    • Punch da Fist/Shoot Gun / Slice Knife / Spit in Face
    • Explain how Society Functions>Taxes>Jobs>etc
    • Call the Police

I like to give them something to eat. I personally hate the concept people have of "maybe they should get a job". Well, it's a beautiful idea and all but it doesn't work. Can you expect them to get out of there box, take a shower, dress up nicely, and apply at a McDonalds? It's not that easy. Howabout writing a resume in your box. Not simple is it?

They can't get out without help.

i just give them coins~ my girlfriend once gave an apple to a beggar, he just got angry and threw it against the wall!

in HK, there are beggars everywhere, if i had to share my changes with them then i'd be one of their friend.

personnally i ignore them. someone up there ^^^ mentioned, its hard to write a cv etc.. but there are places to help them get newer clothes and feed them etc. How'd they get like it in the first place?!

If i gave them anything it would be food/drink not money because i dont know what the buy with it.

I remember a film, the guy asked for a dollar and the woman gave him her sandwich, he looks at it, throws it at her, hits her on the back of the head and shouts "i asked for a dollar bitch". That summed it up a treat for me.

I remember a film, the guy asked for a dollar and the woman gave him her sandwich, he looks at it, throws it at her, hits her on the back of the head and shouts "i asked for a dollar bitch". That summed it up a treat for me.

586034216[/snapback]

That was Scary Movie. So I wouldnt take it seriously.

ignore...giving them money makes no sense, i mean lets give lazy ppl money to live off of, while i go work my ass off? uhh...ok....

at this starbucks in downtown LA my dad has seen bums there that would make roughly 7 dollars an hour just sitting there. wtf

This is far from commonplace here but occasionally I've ran into someone in a parking lot who's asked for a dollar or two. Depending on the situation and the person I have given some a couple dollars and I've turned some down as well.

I'll check if he has the ability to work, if i think he's just a lazy beggar, i'll smirk and walk off. Otherwise, i'll give some coins, usually all the coins i have. :)

I usually ignore them.

I've seen too many examples of the above "I asked for a dollar" example (maybe not as rude, but the same situation). My friend offered to buy a homeless man a burger from McDonalds and when she went back out to meet him, he was gone. Next time we see him - and we see him often, he hangs out at our university a lot... - it's the same old story.

There's only one guy who I've actually considered giving money to, but that day I didn't have any. I had seen this guy on and off for a couple of weeks and we had talked at the bus stop when I was waiting to go home. Over the time that I saw him, he actually remembered my name and we had some decent small talk. He showed me a paper of a homeless shelter where he could get a full meal for $1.50. I have no trouble with people like that who actually make an effort, but if they're not willing to help themselves, then I'm not willing to help them.

Personally i feel that giving money to a begger is a waste of time because i don't know what they are going to do with the money. So most of the time, i buy them some food and hand it to them. That way i know where the money goes. That's just me.

Ignore, Ignore, Ignore!

The rude ones are extremely annoying. Like the ones who tap your car or side window to get your attention so hard it seems like its going to break. Get your dirty hands off my car!

If I see a beggar at a stoplight I usually leave enough space in front of my car for me to move a little bit if they approach my side window, when I do that they never bother to go back. There are just too many of them around here.

There is nothing more effective than just ignoring them. If they can't get your attention they will just give up. There is a very annoying beggar who is always at a stoplight I have to go through almost every day. He used to tap my car windows to get my attention and I would just ignore him, he would get angry and attempt to start a conversation with me as if I was his 'friend'. Now he got the message, even if I'm the only one waiting at that stoplight he won't even bother getting up to ask me for anything.

Never give them money.

Usually ignore or politely say that I don't have any change, which usually the case since I use my checking card everywhere.

Here in Lawrence, KS on Massachusetts street they heckle all the college students really bad.

Some of them are not a problem others have become a real bad problem.

I'll usually just give a few dollars...I'm sure they've been up to many other people in the day so they've cashed in.

I don't like to say no to people.