My Website

Will it be good?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Hani

hey,

In this forum, i need your feedback on my site, and i'll ask yiu questions to make my site better and better :yes: , check it out: http://www.hanisayyid.tk . My first question is that should there be a pic showing "enter site" before it goes to the main page? here is a preview:

Will it be good?

Thanks for your time, :D

Hani

+forster

Make your own page instead of using free templates, also, try and learn some css, as the use of fonts and colors in the text based sections are really cruddy.

Also, splash screens suck, dont bother with them.

David Scaife

Speaking from experience, it is never a good idea to have a 'click to enter' page on a website.

I was never a fan of hit counters, but meh... it's still a very nice design. One thing I might mention is that you might like to add

sans-serif as a generic font family to the end of the font definitions in the css.

Good work :)

Edit: is it really a template (re above post)? I was under the impression it was "Designed by Hani Sayyid" (taken from the site)

Hani

forster let's just talk bout the splash screen only please... and thanks scaife for the tips i'll change it now

+forster
FORSTER (sheesh) let's just talk bout the splash screen only please...

585014321[/snapback]

Um.. OK, sorry, from the first post it looked like you wanted a critique too.

Splash screens = bad.

Also, you should keep all your website related posts in one thread, and not multiple ones (which is the way I think you are planning it).

Hani

ya forster, sorry coz i made many posts for my site but this is the last, i'll ask you some wuestions & feedback till it is 100% finished.

envision

Hani... you did ask for a critique, so 'Forster' (Not Forset) was trying to help you 'make your site better'

I agree with him also, splash screens should be left to Flash sites only that offer a HTML or Flash version... otherwise don't use them.

As for the rest of your site, I like the colour scheme, It would look a lot more professional if the fonts were not so huge and of the default Times New Roman style. CSS was suggested and I think that would improve your site ten fold, as right now the text is distorting the tables it is in and detracting from the overall appeal.

Hani

I use CSS, when you hover your mouse over the 7 tabs the color change. What would be the best font used for making the site better?

Jase

Nice but the font under "out vision" has to go......(N)

envision

I would recommend some fonts like Verdana or Arial at point size 11 for most of the text and Trebuchet MS at a higher point size for things like headings. But that is entirely up to you, CSS allows for greater control over the sizing of fonts and pretty much anything that is a non-standard point size seems to look better in my experience.

pixil9

I think it looks good. Now if it's a hardcore tech site with nerds who know that you used a template it sucks.. if you're going to direct it towards anyone, who cares what you used because it looks good. Like 1% of the population lives on their computer 18 hours a day and would know you used a template.

zedaxax

I really really Loove the character on the first page

:laugh:

ModAV2.gif

taken from tokioplastic? http://www.tokyoplastic.com/

as for the counter in the bottom if you want to keep it atleast find one that suits your "style"

Edited by zedaxax
+.Aaron

Aight, you need alot of work (i mean huge) done with the career and about the site text, Poor english, needs formating, reworded.

The site still has problems with firefox.

Echilon

The images definately need changing so they look as though they fit together, or they loom like they're seperate, because at the minute, they look like they're supposed to fit together, but you don't know how to use CSS ;). I agree with the statement about the font under 'our vision', it's too hard to read. Also, it might be an idea to remove the 'Designed by Hani Sayyid' notice at the bottom, as it's obviously a template. Try running a spell checker over the page too, I know you're not a native english speaker, but when a site is littered with spelling mistakes, it can sometimes look like it was made by a 12 year old ;)

lawtai

I'd have to agree with what everyone else is saying. Also, don't use a splash screen. An extra click to get into your site is somewhat annoying. Unless you're going to do some sort of flash ad, I'd suggest you leave off the enter site screen.

Hani

Ok guys thanks i'll now work on the fonts & CSS Issues when i finish i'll tell ya

Best Regards,

Hani

PS: I'm only 14 :p

Hani

is the font on the main page okay or i should change it?

aniv

think u need to redesign the whole site, considering its a site that caters to graphics and webdesign solutions.

zedaxax

Your only 14!?? :blink:

in that case your a genius

...............makes me wanna cry

compared to you my webskills are like one year old

TimRogers

I like the site apart from the font in the "Welcome to my...." box. Too stretched

Hani

zedaxax, :laugh: trust me i aint a genius just a person who sits t00 much on his computer :p

golazo

ehh it's alright ..probly better then what i can do anyway

gringo
Make your own page instead of using free templates

585014313[/snapback]

I?ve seen that template sooooo many times... :laugh::

eth3l

and have someone edit your engrish

Hani

Eth3l, i think u'd help me :p

metallithrax
PS: I'm only 14 :p

585015752[/snapback]

Till now this company hasn't been fully opened it's still under construction and i think it will be finished in 2005 Summer, because this year i'm stressed with the tests (i have public exams) because i'm only 15 years old

Links at bottom of home page don't work. I'm just starting to build a site for myself. I'm 36 and know very little about HTML/XHTML etc so I will be using a template. So for a 14/15 year old I say it's good work from which you can progress as you learn more.