My Website

Will it be good?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Hani

hey,

In this forum, i need your feedback on my site, and i'll ask yiu questions to make my site better and better :yes: , check it out: http://www.hanisayyid.tk . My first question is that should there be a pic showing "enter site" before it goes to the main page? here is a preview:

Will it be good?

Thanks for your time, :D

Hani

Hani

i need a free web host asap anyone has a good one? or can host my files on his host?

thanks a lot

Hani

well anyone please?

Heathen
Currently I didn't make any programs, but i made a pack of CD'S that contains full licensed programs from other companies. I'm planning to make a program but first i need to learn programming. Here is my project that is called "My Backup CD'S", that contains more than 300 fully legal licensed programs that i purchased. But i only can sell it for a max 5 people only since the license is valid for 5 clients only. I will sell the pack for 50$ only, i hope you will like it

Erm..... :no:

Josh

:huh: ... is something wrong with you? You're 14, you have a web host that alots or the ability to resell, you're designs need ALOT of work, you want "employees" but cannot pay them, and now you're pirating software?

omfg :no:

If you need hosting that's one thing I offer, but be warned it's a Windows box and no I'm not running ColdFusion, PHP, or MySQL. I usually only offer the hosting to clients as my focus has been on .NET and MSSQL and that's usually what people get when they work with me. BUT... I do not provide hosting free of charge. The fact of the matter is running a server is expensive, bandwidth aint free, and i will have to provide support for you at one point or another... so for that I expect payment. It's nothing different than what I do for any of my other customers.

Another_Paul
Currently I didn't make any programs, but i made a pack of CD'S that contains full licensed programs from other companies. I'm planning to make a program but first i need to learn programming. Here is my project that is called "My Backup CD'S", that contains more than 300 fully legal licensed programs that i purchased. But i only can sell it for a max 5 people only since the license is valid for 5 clients only. I will sell the pack for 50$ only, i hope you will like it.

585035684[/snapback]

LOL I saw that too.

He is only 15... don't be too harsh on him.

Hani

so anybody can host my website 4 free?

Josh

so you want people to pay you for your services but you don't want to pay anybody else... and that's why 14 year olds don't "run businesses". Do you have a business license? Insurance? Are you incorperated? Prolly not...

You have to spend money to make money man... just wait until you're out of grade school and get some cash flow from a real job.

Hani

lol, this is just for my friends in school, i don't need a license, i know i should pay to get some revenue, i have a host the i payed for but i don't know i can login to the site so i can update the files :cry: besides all my files are like 600kb only...

Hani

i found a new host i fixed some stuff in my site and fixed the "our Vision" font, and did a spell check http://hanisayyid.hollosite.com , btw is a traffic 3000mb good for a 100 visitor per day website?

Hani

so is my website better now? and is the bandwidth okay (3000mb) though my host that is down was unlimited :cry: , i get like 100 visitors each day.

The Manic Depressant

seriously kid watch out for the legailities of caling yourself a company when ur not... registering a business name usually aint that much and then you can call urself a "business" if you want a more professional touch... but the personal bit will scare clients off....

btw use the cellpadding attribute and get the text off the edges!

Hani

is 3000mb bandwidth any good?

Liquid

I made that enter site button :huh:

Crook :p

+forster

Dude, the no vote has it, delete it all... delete it all NOW.

Hani

i already did but is 3000mb bandwidth good for a 50 visitors per day site?

Chriz UK

Whats with all the his/he/his/he?

Strange as it might seem to you but women do work in this line of buisness, I have 5 women in my class who are doing very well for themselves.

Jeez i'd call it quits now mate.

Chris

+.Aaron

You need to work on what you are saying in the content (news and career sections) on the frontpage. It is choppy, poor grammer, doesnt make sense, and needs to be rewritten.

On the good side, this site has come along way from when I first saw it. Good work.

sukamusiru
I really really Loove the character on the first page

:laugh:

http://opovi.host.sk/Hani/images/ModAV2.gif

taken from  tokioplastic? http://www.tokyoplastic.com/

as for the counter in the bottom if you want to keep it atleast find one that suits your "style"

585014413[/snapback]

1) That site is so awesome, haven't seen anything in any of their designs that I don't like, 2) nice av in relation to your topic! Heh..

jackwanders

Hani, Hani, Hani. I'm going to do my best to be more constructive than last time.

First off, just so my entire post isn't considered 'off-topic', splash screens are a no-no. For every extra page your users have to click through, that's one more opportunity for them to leave your site altogether. The goal is to get users to the info they need as fast as possible. Splash screens go against that in every way.

Now, onto more general matters. And don't worry, I'm taking your age into account here.

You're using a template for your website, and that's fine. The act of using a template, that is. Lots of people do it. There are heaps of websites offering up free templates, including templatesbox.com, but I'm sure you know that site inside out by now. However, there are a few other problems.

First, you're attempting to create this 'company' that offers design services. You offer designs for paying customers, but can't create a design for your own site? If you can provide a customer with 5 designs in 15 days, or perhaps even more astoundingly, 8 designs in only 12 days, why can you not design your own site? Personally, I have a sneaking suspicion that your current plan is to offer pre-made templates as your own design. Even for a 14/15 year old (which is it?), 15 days of work is surely worth more than $15. I'm not sure of the monetary conversions in Lebanon, but I doubt $15 is a good wage for 2 weeks work. My only conclusion is that you don't really plan on doing any of the work.

Second, your site claims "Designed by Hani El Sayyid". You're simply lying to any potential customers here. You added content and a few images to be sure, but you did not design the site. Also, the terms of use for templatesbox.com state that you must place a link back to their site somewhere on your page. I don't see one.

Finally, you've got at least one image on your site stolen from another site (Tokyo Plastic), as mentioned by another user. See below:

post-20217-1102222092.gif

I add the picture to avoid the cat&mouse that went on last time. This is quite unprofessional, especially for someone trying to start a 'business'. I'd suggest removing it before someone goes and lets tokyoplastic's people know about it.

I hope I haven't been too harsh. There is a reason for this post other than just pointing out the flaws in your vision.

You're still young, and this web design thing seems to be something you want to get into. This being the case, my suggestion to you is to start from the beginning and take the time to learn from the ground up. Learn HTML, learn CSS, learn some scripting languages and server-side languages. Start out with a personal site hosted on a free hosting service (such as the dot.tk you're using now). Personal sites are a great place to experiment with web design as you learn new tricks and build upon your skills. You don't need to take the easy way out and simply take from other people. You've got plenty of time to become a great web designer, but simply using templates and taking other people's work isn't going to get you there. The only things that will are practice and more practice. And believe me, you don't have to be a great graphics designer to be a good web designer. I'm no genius with Photoshop but I'm working in New York City as a product and web designer full time. Plus, if you do ever decide to start a business later in life, you can always hire a good graphics designer while you handle the web part of things.

You're just trying to go to fast. Put down the templates, scrap the business idea for now, and start from the beginning. Build your skillset and practice on a personal site. Trust me, you'll become a better designer for it.

And hopefully, Neowin won't be getting a thread a week from you asking us how we like your newest choice in website templates (not that you'd word it that way :))

The Manic Depressant

^ umm... what he said

Jelly2003

Average site.

An absolutley horrible use of the English language, nobody who speaks fluent english would buy any of your services. Learn to speak / write English properly if you intend to make an entire site in English, either that, or make it in your own native language.

In the possitive side of things, you're only 14, and you have ideas and what seems like a lot of motivation. I think you need more practice, in web design, and English. I suggest that you start by making websites for people you know and then you can use them as examples to show potential clients.

Hani

okay thanks Jack31081 for your time on that good review...

Now i'll offend, First for the last 1 yrs i've been practicing on my web skills, i can do persnol websites, but not buissness! so that web design service is only for personal website,and trust me i can do one, besides when i started with my website (summer 2004) i started with an ugly design than a better than a better than switched to a buissness template. Second, what do u expect me to do put designed by Templates box.com? if i knew the one who created the template i'll tell him that i want to buy it with my name on it!, Third, i'm goign to be 15 in 1 month. Fourth, for the tokyo gfx i just emailed them telling them if i can use it and i'll make the pic linked to there website. Fifth, lol, ive been using persnoal websites for the last year but from 1 month i switched to buissness!

And that's it, btw your review wasn't harsh...

Chriz UK

Do you not need to be registered as a buisness first?

Chris