Netscape Browser Prototype

Nelsinho
That is butt ugly. Stop with the friggin forest green. Your not trying to please a bear in the woods.

585015477[/snapback]

LOL :laugh:

Hills420
i just wish netscape would die.....it was good up to 4.7 but after that, it went downhill....

585015604[/snapback]

Its a shame, I used to love using it before it was obsolete. They took way to long to release the next version.

Pink Floyd

ugh I don't like it

+.Aaron

Netscape, whats that?

XP_01
Netscape, whats that?

585017820[/snapback]

Check out the first page and look at the screenshot.... just for fun! :rolleyes:

Dale

interesting i must say, i personally do not like it. but for people like my uncle who thinks netscape is far superior ;) he will be surprised if i show him the differences between the netscape and firefox.

other than that.. its not a bad browser (if you learn to customize it the right way.. its got features firefox does not have, firefox has features this does not have).

i think its based off of the latest trunk builds to be honest.

im going back to my simple firefox ;) this is too advanced for my brain.

fishie

does the left side look really jagged at the top when in non maximized mode or is it just me?

Dale

you are correct that it is jaged, it has a few kinks to work out. (seeing as its not even meant for the public yet).

qdave

never liked netscape. and it doesnt look like i am going to like it now .

shihchiun

eeesh.

fatgirl319

You can download here without having to log in

Link #1

A little thinned out look.. What I dont like its it overrides any skinning you have in windows

Edited by fatgirl319

Tungsten T

i like it i dont care what any of u say :)

Michael_C

What would u want a nutscraped version of Firefox for when you can just download Firefox on its own? :blink:

djgramma
To everyone that biatches about the flaws in a prototype browser:

Do you also walk up to babies and say, "Look at you.? You'll never amount to anything!? You're so small!? You can't talk, can't grasp objects, and you don't even have teeth!? You suck as a human being!"??

585016261[/snapback]

*ahem* to be fair to babies, they are given time to not suck as a human being. Netscape was given sooo much time to get their act together and it still seems they haven't understood what we want. To put it quite simply, better code, better support, simple and NO BLOAT!!!:angry:gry:

BTW design is ugly as h:xl :x , I'd rather see a minimal look, so I can see more of a website than more of a web browser.

Maxthon and Firefox baby.

fatgirl319

ok well I dont like the fact that you cant change your search engine you have to use netscape search

And this annoys the cr@p out of me it a little tick button that it puts on top of anything else you are doing as a quick way to get back to netscape. when you click on it netscape opens back up

+virtorio

Well, I actually like this new Netscape Browser very much.

ok well I dont like the fact that you cant change your search engine you have to use netscape search

Just copy/paste the files from the searchplugins folder from your Mozilla/Firefox installation into the searchplugins folder for Netscape Browser. Easy.

fatgirl319
Well, I actually like this new Netscape Browser very much.

Just copy/paste the files from the searchplugins folder from your Mozilla/Firefox installation into the searchplugins folder for Netscape Browser.  Easy.

585018342[/snapback]

Yes I could do that Orrrrrr I could jsut uninstall netscape and continue to use Firefox..

Yeah I think Ill do that.. Thanks for the heads up though

+virtorio
Yes I could do that Orrrrrr I could jsut uninstall netscape and continue to use Firefox..

Yeah I think Ill do that.. Thanks for the heads up though

585018354[/snapback]

I get the feeling most of you will be doing that.

fatgirl319
I get the feeling most of you will be doing that.

585018371[/snapback]

I may or may not I havent yet given Netscape its well deserved chance and changing my mind about it

Emon

looks like it doesn't use gecko at all .. so its like Firefox with IE engine :wacko:

AQUaDeX
looks like it doesn't use gecko at all .. so its like Firefox with IE engine  :wacko:

585018541[/snapback]

....and congratulations!

you're WRONG!

it's based on Mozilla Firefox and uses BOTH the Internet Explorer and Gecko web rendering engine, when you use Display like Internet Explorer (browse to www.microsoft.com) it uses the IE controls, and use Display like Netscape (default) and it uses Gecko.

Rell

I'm wondering ... does installing this **** up your Firefox install?

EDIT: Seems like it didn't because I did the Netscape Install.

Emon
....and congratulations!

you're WRONG!

it's completely based on Mozilla Firefox and uses Gecko

585018561[/snapback]

I know it is based off Fx .. duh

BUT it DOES NOT USE Gecko ..

here .. check this out ..

[ Transparent png ] bug .. check the Fx logo

[ background-attachment: fixed ] bug

you want more prove ?? so whoz WRONG here ? :cool:

Edited by Emon