Netscape Browser Prototype

IMHO, they should let Netscape die. This 3 or 4 browser stuff just isn't going to get them anywhere, IMO. If they want market share, they should consolidate the best items into Firefox and begone with the rest. If they want to keep the "Netscape" name, then rename Firefox.

once this is skinnable I just may use this (well, it'll replace IE entirely)

585019080[/snapback]

Netscape has always been skinnable since version 6, it's just for no reason people don't make skins for it... :(

I know it is based off Fx .. duh

BUT it DOES NOT USE Gecko ..

here .. check this out ..

[ Transparent png ] bug .. check the Fx logo

[ background-attachment: fixed ] bug

you want more prove ?? so whoz WRONG here ??:cool::

585018637[/snapback]

Netscape Mode:

post-7617-1101868372_thumb.jpg

Internet Explorer Mode:

post-7617-1101868384_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to post an "owned" image here? :pp

Edited by AquaDex

How many messed up AOHELL related programs does this install that I don't want? Such as AOL IM, Real Player, ICQ? Do you have the options of what gets installed at all?

Netscape Mode:

post-7617-1101868372_thumb.jpg

Internet Explorer Mode:

post-7617-1101868384_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to post an "owned" image here?  :p

585019452[/snapback]

ah .. so you can switch the engines :)

thats weird though .. coz I couldn't find that option anywhere. maybe I tweaked the interface so much that something isn't showing up ?? I don't know

EDIT: nm .. found it :pinch:

Edited by Emon

ah .. so you can switch the engines  :)

thats weird though .. coz I couldn't find that option anywhere. maybe I tweaked the interface so much that something isn't showing up ?? I don't know

585019521[/snapback]

there's a yellow traffic light on the active browsing tab, click on that and there's as option "Display like Internet Explorer" or "Display like Netscape", alternatively, for example you visit Yahoo Launch often and it doesn't work with Netscape very well, you can add launch.yahoo.com to Site Controls and save the settings I previously mentioned, to do that simply go to Tools > Options, then click on Site Controls, that way you don't have switch engine manually all the time.

How many messed up AOHELL related programs does this install that I don't want? Such as AOL IM, Real Player, ICQ? Do you have the options of what gets installed at all?

585019519[/snapback]

You're a moron. It doesn't install anything besides the browser. try downloading it before you complain. :whistle:

Aww man. :/

I was really hoping this was going to be good....but it feels too much like Firefox. I'm not trolling or nothing, but it gives me no reason at all to switch from Opera.

But granted, it is a prototype. We'll have to wait for the final to properly judge it.

It seems rather quick at desplaying pages but the lay out of it really throws me off. If it was more clean and streamlined like IE6 and FF I would keep it.

At least you can admit you're a fanboy chode ;). So far I think the browser is nice, except for it's FUGLY default skin. It seems pretty fast. Having the File, Edit menus at the top right is extremely annoying. I have yet to try to move them.

I dont care one bit what most people here say, I have been looking for a browser that does Firefox and IE in one, and have found it. When this becomes final I will be switching to this permanently. Its still has a few bugs that need to be worked out, and hopefully will allow firefox plugins to work in it. Netscape you have brought me back from Maxthon!

I dont care one bit what most people here say, I have been looking for a browser that does Firefox and IE in one, and have found it.  When this becomes final I will be switching to this permanently.  Its still has a few bugs that need to be worked out, and hopefully will allow firefox plugins to work in it.  Netscape you have brought me back from Maxthon!

585020904[/snapback]

you stole my words... :blink: Netscape Rocks!!! :cool:

hrm...naaaaah

/me moves on

585022105[/snapback]

I wonder is 10000 of your 11787 posts (as of this moment) are spam posts like this, I hardly see your post has more than 5 words or have any proper meaning

I downloaded this netscape and it runs ok speed wise but it is well bloated....if they improve the GUI and take out some crap i might ditch opera for it...and that was a might!!..:)

I downloaded this netscape and it runs ok speed wise but it is well bloated....if they improve the GUI and take out some crap i might ditch opera for it...and that was a might!!..:)

585022159[/snapback]

Send in your suggestions, that's why they made this prototype so you can give comments.

According to the FAQ the innovating features you see now are not all yet, supposingly they will add even more features in the final version due to be released in 2005, plus the current theme is just a "placeholder", there WILL be a new theme for final.

As for crap since it's based on firefox you can pretty much customize everything, try moving the toolbar icons around and delete the useless fields/items, I am sure you will find a good interface that suits yourself.