Netscape Browser Prototype

yes it is very bloated but you can still customize it anyway you like, remember its built off of Firefox 1.0 code so you can customize it the same way as you can Firefox

585015542[/snapback]

Actually, this prototype build is based off Firefox 0.93 code, but the final release will be based off 1.0.

I'm still on dial-up, so I guess I'll wait a bit before doing anything like downloading. It just takes too much time for anything larger than 5mb.

You're a moron. It doesn't install anything besides the browser. try downloading it before you complain.  :whistle:

585020035[/snapback]

You're the moron, moron! I wasn't complaining about anything. I was just asking how many other things get installed when installing this version of Netscape. Everyone knows whenever you install ANYTHING even closely owned by AOL, you're going to get something else installed. I have installed it on 3 systems now also. No, it doesn't install any Real Player or ICQ or AOL/Netscape IM stuff, but I don't like it having to act as a server to run those news feeds in the personal toolbar. Won't allow you to connect to the net if you don't allow it to act as server either.

the default skin is UGLY - that needs to be changed before final. and view it in mshtml is kinda pointless. if you really need it the you can run iexplore.

Looks ok, I still prefer FireFox over any other program. Netscape has never shown themself worthy to be my browser. They have to prove to me that they are better.

• 1 month later...

No it's not, and I really wish Softpedia would stop using these cheap shots to boost their views - the file info has been updated, but the file itself is the same old initial prototype Netscape 0.5.6 that can be found everywhere else.

No it's not, and I really wish Softpedia would stop using these cheap shots to boost their views - the file info has been updated, but the file itself is the same old initial prototype Netscape 0.5.6 that can be found everywhere else.

585332906[/snapback]

:huh: :blink:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Brow...e-Browser.shtml

Please don't speak if you don't know nothing :x

I put the program on the site, and is the "prototype" so......

my favority browser ---> NETSCAPE!. i've used all versions

Netscape is better that ie, mozilla, opera and firefox

:shifty:

585332960[/snapback]

That could be, but it doesn't beat Safari :p The prototype looks pretty crappy, maybe that's the reason they called it that way.

my favority browser ---> NETSCAPE!. i've used all versions

Netscape is better that ie, mozilla, opera and firefox

:shifty:

585332960[/snapback]

I was just wondering why you say that, cause at the code level, netscape, mozilla and firefox are mostly the same.

net...scape? didn't that browser die like 8 years ago? i dont think elementry schools even use that anymore...

Danyboy, that file is the old pototype, based on Firefox 0.9.3, even tho ur info on the site says otherwise...it is A prototype, yes, but not the new one, that's based on Firefox 1.0...i downloaded it from both ur mirrors, it is the OLD file.

Danyboy, that file is the old pototype, based on Firefox 0.9.3, even tho ur info on the site says otherwise...it is A prototype, yes, but not the new one, that's based on Firefox 1.0...i downloaded it from both ur mirrors, it is the OLD file.

585341111[/snapback]

Yeah, it is! :/

Newer Version is:

Netscape Browser 0.6.4

Useragent for the prototype is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20050101 Firefox/0.6.4 Build number: 20050101