1 Gbps For Swedish Home Users!

Viva Sweden. I love this Country! We own you all when it comes to Internet Connection Speed!  :p

I "only" have 10Mbit, looks like i can get a upgrade soon  :laugh:

Hmm, if a movie takes 10 minutes to download with 10Mbit, i wonder how long it takes with 1Gbit? oh well, between 7 to 8 seconds i guess  :happy:

585017415[/snapback]

ah yes but remember it depends on the source speed as well :rolleyes:

ha ha ha man this is like a joke to the people where I live. Most around here would pay $60 for about a 90kbs download+upload. Although there is an even larger percentage still using dial-up. I really wish the US would pick up the pace on this whole internet thing as we just keep lagging even further.

i pay ?30 for 1mb line.. which soon is going to be capped to 30gb/month by BT. i'm movng over to pipex and to thier 2mb trial service.. which is going to ?40/month uncapped.. or for the 1mb line uncapped at ?34 ....

no wonder BT went into debt... they run a sh!t service and those fatcats at BT have bigger paychecks than thier pockets can hold:angry:ry:

Yeah, Scandinavia really shines when it comes to Internet connections. Yesterday it was announced that an area of Denmark of about 250,000 households will have fiber cables installed in their home for free by an electricity company. Imagine the speeds you could reach with that...

For now, I'm looking forward to getting my 10 mbps connection, which is fast enough for me. 40 ? - no cap!:D:D

I really wish the US would pick up the pace on this whole internet thing as we just keep lagging even further.

585021998[/snapback]

So true :pinch: I am stuck at 112Kbps :( :pinch: I would love just to have 512Kbps

ah yes but remember it depends on the source speed as well  :rolleyes:

585021990[/snapback]

Yes it does. Thats why I only join/download from hubs that require 10Mbit (full duplex, no *DSL-crap) to get in.

Guess we will see hubs that demands 1Gbit for you to come inside. Man that would be sweet. :cool:

I doubt anyone would actually use the full speed of 1Gbps :blink:

I have just regraded my 1Mbps ADSL to 2Mbps for ?20/month, capped at 5GB. I think the highest residential DSL here in the UK is 4Mbps (cable and ADSL)?:huh::

dam those lucky guys in sweden! i only have a 1mbps connection!! but in my opinion, there will be only 2 types of people who use this to the max. 1st is those who r probably in the animation industry who have to keep transporting massive files arnd. 2nd r the pirates, 1st type r those who host servers with illegal downloads, 2nd type of pirates who go download all that illegal crap!

thts true! the fastest r the SATA hdd's and they max at abt 150 to 200mbps

The Uk's a lil bit faster than that, if you don't use BT and live in the very heart of London ;) - Been on a 2Mbps line for ?30/month for 2 years, now moving to a 8Mbps line for ?40/month in a bi:D:D

OMFG :o

im thinking with this ISP to close and retreat about 1Gbps connections due to the high bandwidth costs, and most of it will come from P2P and Bit T

i thought U.S is suppose to be 1st for everything related to internet services cause they have the biggest ISPs and internet users

OMFG    :o 

im thinking with this ISP to close and retreat about 1Gbps  connections due to the high bandwidth costs, and most of it will come from P2P and Bit T

i thought U.S is suppose to be 1st for everything related to internet services cause they have the biggest ISPs and internet users

585027305[/snapback]

US has some of the poorer deals on broadband. We pay about the same (on par) canadian as you do US$ for similarily rated BB services. UK gets it worse though. Japan and Sweden and other areas have some insane speed/price ratios.