MX1000 vs MX510 Review

Hi, 2 days ago, i got the MX1000. It looked awesome, felt awesome in my hands, and tracked kinda awesome....

When i fisrt put it in, it jumped horrendously, especially when moving my mouse to the left and up. I installed the new drivers, and it still happend, although instead of going to the top of my screen like before, the cursor jumped about 1-2 cm on screen. OK so this got me kinda mad. 86 dollars for a mouse and its dysfunctional? ok so i looked around on the logitech forums, and it seemed that it was indeded defective, other people had my problem too. Aside from that, i first thought that i couldnt tell it was wireless (onscreen i mean) but i went to go play some CS:S. WOW big difference. i could totaly tell it was wireless. maybe like extremely small difference, but it was their. it felt like the pointer was "Detatched" from me.

So today i go back to bestbuy, return my MX1000, get a MX510 for 30 dollars less, and am fully more satisfied with it. best mouse ever.

All the same functionality are there, execpt for the Tilt Wheel. Who the hell uses a tilt wheel to scroll sideways anyways? its just awkwards.

So i have my MX510, in this really kick ass red color, even more ergonomic in my big hands as the mx1000 was. No lag, awesome performance, and no jumping, and no defectiveness. nice mousesoftware too.

If you were deciding to get a mx1000 or a cheaper mx510, or you have a mx510 and were thinking about getting a mx1000, dont. stick with a mx510 or go and buy one ASAP . Theese things are major spiffy.

Hi, 2 days ago, i got the MX1000. It looked awesome, felt awesome in my hands, and tracked kinda awesome....

When i fisrt put it in, it jumped horrendously, especially when moving my mouse to the left and up. I installed the new drivers, and it still happend, although instead of going to the top of my screen like before, the cursor jumped about 1-2 cm on screen. OK so this got me kinda mad. 86 dollars for a mouse and its dysfunctional? ok so i looked around on the logitech forums, and it seemed that it was indeded defective, other people had my problem too.  Aside from that, i first thought that i couldnt tell it was wireless (onscreen i mean) but i went to go play some CS:S. WOW big difference. i could totaly tell it was wireless. maybe like extremely small difference, but it was their. it felt like the pointer was "Detatched" from me.

So today i go back to bestbuy, return my MX1000, get a MX510 for 30 dollars less, and am fully more satisfied with it. best mouse ever.

All the same functionality are there, execpt for the Tilt Wheel. Who the hell uses a tilt wheel to scroll sideways anyways? its just awkwards.

So i have my MX510, in this really kick ass red color, even more ergonomic in my big hands as the mx1000 was. No lag, awesome performance, and no jumping, and no defectiveness. nice mousesoftware too.

If you were deciding to get a mx1000 or a cheaper mx510, or you have a mx510 and were thinking about getting a mx1000, dont. stick with a mx510 or go and buy one ASAP . Theese things are major spiffy.

585019527[/snapback]

I love my $10CDN MX-510, the only thing is that special app switch button is at a weird place.

indeed it is, and alt+tab still ownz it.

i DID get a deffectifve one, but i odnt see anyway how a cordless mouse can BEAT a corded mouse. Be on Par? possible, depending on if your mx1000 was good or not, but it definently cant give the mx510 a fun for its money

I love my $10CDN MX-510, the only thing is that special app switch button is at a weird place.

585019580[/snapback]

$10 Canadian bucks?!? Where?!?

sorry but you had to have gotten a defective mouse, my mx1000 has been excellent ever since I got it, no slow downs or any errors of any kind and it has been reviewed to be on par and even better than the mx510

• 2 weeks later...
indeed it is, and alt+tab still ownz it.

i DID get a deffectifve one, but i odnt see anyway how a cordless mouse can BEAT a corded mouse. Be on Par? possible, depending on if your mx1000 was good or not, but it definently cant give the mx510 a fun for its money

585019753[/snapback]

MX1000 will own any mouse on the market right now.

MX1000 just isnt good.

There is no space for my ring finger.

When I lift it off the mousepad and set it back down again there is a delay, which always seems to be the reason you get owned on cs.

MX510 > *

I like the mx1000 alot.

they should make wired versions.

585120630[/snapback]

from what i've heard they are, atleast thats what my friend says :shifty:

isnt the mx510 the wired version of the mx1000.... :blink:

585120658[/snapback]

no, the mx510 is optical, the mx1000 is laser

Edited by Khaki72nd

mine is about a foot away from my mouse and i haven't really had any noticeable lag, i've never had any of the 'jumping' that people have experienced, and I've never had the 'wobble' from the bottom being unbalanced or whatever. Very happy with my mx1000, to each their own though (Y).

Sometimes the surface you use the mouse on can cause problems. A mirror-like mouse pad worked great on my old microsoft optical mouse. But my mx700, and now my 900 go crazy on a surface like that. They are perfect on my ratzpadz gs though. My brother uses the same mouse pad as me and his 1000 is perfect. Its about 1.5 feet from the base.

my reciver was LITERALLY 5 Inches away. That close. And yes, the problem must be my Steelpad 3s, My orginal cloth mousepad, my alienware FuncMat, and my Vineer wooden table. NOT. Mousing surface has nothing to do with it. Its just a defective mouse. If you want to take a chance with getting a deffective mouse, Be my guest, but do you really benefit from having a wireless mouse? If you get a mx510 you dont even have to begin to worry bout lag, batteries and what can go wrong.