MX1000 vs MX510 Review

I agree. I owned and MX510 and went out and got an MX1000. Two days later I return the 1000 and stick with my 510, it's just a great mouse

hmm since u got a defective one i think ill still get a mx 1000

585651014[/snapback]

I have one and love it. It takes a while to adjust to the ergnomics. I used an Intellimouse Optical for over 3 years, so it took me a damn month to get used to the mx1000, but now I wouldn't go back.

I have one and love it. It takes a while to adjust to the ergnomics. I used an Intellimouse Optical for over 3 years, so it took me a damn month to get used to the mx1000, but now I wouldn't go back.

585651168[/snapback]

What about going from a 700 to a 1000?

What about going from a 700 to a 1000?

585651932[/snapback]

I couldn't tell you since I've never used a 700. It should be easier considering they two mice have the same basic design.

I couldn't tell you since I've never used a 700. It should be easier considering they two mice have the same basic design.

585656206[/snapback]

Thanks :) It still might be a while before I get my 1000. It's been 3 weeks since I RMA'd my 700, and their RMA hotline still says they are out of stock of the 1000 mice.

You got to try razer diamondtech mouse - www.razerzone.com - although it's a bit expensive its really worth the price - comfortable and accurate (mouse especially for gaming but u can feel the difference from any other mouse even while doing regular things...)

• 2 weeks later...

You mean Diamondback GG-? Got mine today! Wonderful!

And about the MX1000. Laser jsut means it works on more kinds of surfaces. It is still an optical mouse. Laser is just for selling.

AND, more important. MX1000 is ONLY 800 dpi, Razer Diamondback and MX 518 have 1600 dpi.

• 2 weeks later...
And takes about 10ms to re-start) ....

585139609[/snapback]

Did you count that in your head?

I'm buying a new mouse soon, once I can find the cash as I'm currently playing on my computer with it up on a small table and me lying on the floor looking up at it. I also have to be quite far forwards as the mouse is not wireless, so I really need a wirless desktop combo.

I'll probably go for the bog standard microsoft wireless set as I can't see too much point in splashing out on an uber mouse, I'll go down to my local pc store and hold a few mice and see which one I prefer. The only problem I've found with the microsoft mice is that the scroll wheel moves too freely so if I were to change a gun using the scroll mouse I'd end up flicking through about 4 guns.

I also bought an MX1000, then took it straight back the next day and stuck with my old MX510. The only difference I could feel is it's obvious lack of wire, but then it's heavier so it makes little difference. Also the laser on the 1000 seems to be slightly off centre to the way I hold my hand. On the 510 it feels perfect but using the 1000 feels as if I've got the mouse rotated about 20 degrees to the side, making horizontal movements slightly diagonal.

I might end up getting the 518 though, because 1600dpi for flying planes in bf1942 then switching to 400 to make a nice long range headshot on the fool who flakked me down sounds great. Then I'll just relegate the 510 to a mates pc.

I saw the 518 on Logitech's website aswell and it looks really nice. I'm probably going to buy that one when it comes out, but anyone know when it will?

• 2 weeks later...
I've never had an issue there.  The laser doesn't turn off unless you lift the mouse for at least 10 seconds (when the battery indicator goes off).

585650066[/snapback]

Yeah.. the battery indicator.. i'm on about the lazer, anyway I've kinda got used to it now. This mouse is having few problems on one part of my wood desk... were the mouse has been for years.. because its soo smooth it finds it hard to track on.

Is there anything I can like put on my desk>? like some kinda of varnish that will cover up this smooth bit, but can't see the affects on my desk. :unsure:

Other then that... this mouse is very smart, and there is no lag through wireless, but as you all know this is probably one of the first lazer mouse's and as always... things get better alot better... remember the first optical mouse.. heh how we laugh at it now. I'm sure after afew years lazers will find away to get them super smooth parts of the desk. :rolleyes:

spamcram

I just got a MX1000 and it's the best mouse ever :p , previously I owned a Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 but this one is much better.

The only problem I have is that the back/forward buttons don't work with Firefox but I'm fixing it :D

@karma_police dont use the setpoint software. if you do, just install it then disable it from running at startup. back/forward buttons will work by default

I got a MX310 too... works perfect :)

I see no need to switch to a 510, even though I could have gotten one for the same $10CDN deal.

(For those curious, there was a trick going on for a bit in Canada. Futureshop sold the 510 for $20 and Staples had it for $50. You bought it at futureshop, pricematched it at staples and got it for around $10. Of course Staples caught on and started charging $20 for their own mice)

585136823[/snapback]

****... wish I knew about this! :)

Hey Canadians! Check this out!

Staples is selling the MX1000 for $119.95 CDN. But, Canada Computers in downtown Toronto is selling it for $75.00 CDN!!! With the pricematch, think of the savings!

Check out the links below:

Logitech MX1000 - Staples

Logitech MX1000 - Canada Computers

Staples Price Match Policy

YOU WILL NEVER PAY MORE FOR AN ITEM WHEN YOU SHOP WITH US! OUR 150% PRICE GUARANTEE IS OUR PROMISE!

Show us a lower advertised price on a new identical item from an authorized dealer (list provided below) now or within 14 days of your purchase. We?ll match it PLUS give you 50% of the difference as a credit toward your purchase. (Maximum credit: $50). So, if you were to find an item priced at our store for $100 but $50 somewhere else, we would match the $50 price. PLUS, you would receive $25 towards your purchase.

This would mean that you could buy the MX1000 for $37.50 CDN!!!:)::)::)::):)

Edited by ChopSuey