This just in.

Accounts Banned for Speed Hacking - Block on 12/3/04

We wanted to take this time to make an announcement about a serious hacking violation in World of Warcraft, one for which we have zero tolerance. Certain individuals have been identified as using speed hacks to accelerate their characters. This goes against the theme of fair play that we have instituted for the game, and is in clear violation of the World of Warcraft Terms of Use.

Those individuals who were caught using the speed hack have been banned from the game and have had their accounts closed. We must stress once again that we are opposed to hacking and cheating of any kind and are dedicated to maintaining a fair environment in our games. This will serve as a final warning to others who are considering using the speed hack. If you are caught using it, you will be banned without question from World of Warcraft and your account will be revoked.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If you suspect someone of using the speed hack, or wish to report other instances of cheating, please email us at hacks@blizzard.com. Thank you again for your continued support.

That is awsome. I wonder if the one guy that;s at the top of maxmeout.com got banned? I got 16 last night, 2 more fire totems, armor and 74 silver from a wand I fouind. :) I think the best time to bid on items is at around 11P-12A because they will just sit there all night and you cang et it. Also I look for low buyouts.

It's really cool fo go into battle, cast stoneskin totem, a fire totem and jsut beat on them while the totem blasts them to cinders. I'm a beast! Nah, but I have fun. Like I have said time and time again I need someone to party with on The Burning Blade.

Well once they put the honor system in you'll be pretty ****ed if you go offing important NPCs like that. :)

585037884[/snapback]

The honor system is not for alliance npc's and it's already in place. The honor system for players is a false rumor. Say for instance I declare war(which you can toggle) on ratchet and I start killed all the npc's my honor there will fall and others will as well, so when I enter these areas I will be attacked ON SIGHT. To put it as alliance side, say a few level 40 mounts are going to the great lift, well they can take out the few 35 gaurds there as they are horde. They already attack on sight since it is different faction etc.. this does not mess up anything.

How do you like being a priest?  You're the first person I've seen that is a priest and seems to enjoy it!

585037368[/snapback]

I love being priest. You can beat ANY class that lacks the ability to heal it self solo'ing. And you can easily run away from any competition,so if I'm alone picking off low level's trying to do quest's I hug the water incase they call their friends. Paladins, are still untouchable. Priests get raped in groups though. I usually go out with a rogue and its a great combo.

Also... level 37 today !! :p

That is awsome.  I wonder if the one guy that;s at the top of maxmeout.com got banned?

585040792[/snapback]

Nah he's legit. I've talked to him a couple times. Nice guy. He doesn't bother with the quests much. Just goes through and levels fast. IIRC, he was the first to hit 60 in the beta, so he knows where to go and what to do to level fast.

What was this Speed Hacking thing all about? I never heard about it until it was banned?

Nah he's legit.  I've talked to him a couple times.  Nice guy.  He doesn't bother with the quests much.  Just goes through and levels fast.  IIRC, he was the first to hit 60 in the beta, so he knows where to go and what to do to level fast.

What was this Speed Hacking thing all about?  I never heard about it until it was banned?

585041869[/snapback]

I think it involved movement speed.

Nah he's legit.  I've talked to him a couple times.  Nice guy.  He doesn't bother with the quests much.  Just goes through and levels fast.  IIRC, he was the first to hit 60 in the beta, so he knows where to go and what to do to level fast.

What was this Speed Hacking thing all about?  I never heard about it until it was banned?

585041869[/snapback]

Not sure if they're talking about the same speed hacking I've experienced but the kind I know involves speeding up the game. You run faster, do things faster (cast/timeouts). Basically the game has metrics and that defines the rate in which you do things -- speedhacking speeds up that time.

Either way, I just doesn't seem like any fun to just kill thins and level up all day. I like doing quests, exploring, talking to NPS's, and I LOVE the auction houses.

i agree with Qarth. i think part of the games enjoyment can be found in actually wandering around and doing stuff for fun, not just hitting a high lvl right away. Im currently lvl 28 and played all day today without leveling because I was walking around doing a few quests in areas im not normally in and even doing a little pvp.

i agree with Qarth. i think part of the games enjoyment can be found in actually wandering around and doing stuff for fun, not just hitting a high lvl right away. Im currently lvl 28 and played all day today without leveling because I was walking around doing a few quests in areas im not normally in and even doing a little pvp.

585042837[/snapback]

Yeah I know what you mean. Today FINALLY I was able to do my level 20 Paladin quest. It's currently bugged and it's hit and miss whether or not the NPC you need to talk to will be there. I lucked out today though at level 26. :p

It's a multi part quest though that sends you on a scavenger hunt into at least 2 Elite areas (I've only collected two of the four items so far). The last one I did took me deep into Silverpine and Shadowfang keep. Wow what a ride that was, such a long walk and near misses getting killed with Undead guard patrols and creeps that were 10+ levels higher than myself. I was in a group with 2 other Paladins doing the same quest (lvl 28 and 21) and we jacked this lvl 28 Forsaken Warlock, man that guy was in a world of hurt .:D

Speaking of PvP it irks me that I can't attack horde players in horde territory unless they attack first. That was a letdown for sure, it seems that only in contested areas are you able to have some real PvP.

Once we got to Shadowfang Keep though it was on! 3 Paladins kicking ass fighting back to back with 3 auras with some great cinematic music during the fighting parts. It was an amazing experience and makes the game and the associated fees worth every cent. Also the Silverpine area oozes eerie coolness.

Oh yeah one last thing the quest that I'm on leads up to this bad boy.

Verigan's Fist

Verigans_Fist.jpg

Couple questions guys.

First im in Europe, so the open beta is starting soon and my preorder is on its way :)

Now im gonna be playing horde with my guilde for sure.

1. I heard Shamans, Mages and Warriors are the most common classes, is that true?

2. Which classes are good in groups (parties), or most looked for?

3. How are Rogues/Priests/Hunters in PvE/PvP?

4. What Horde race goes best with Priest (i think undead)?

5. What Horde race goes best with Hunter (i was told troll)?

These are the main questions but in summary, Id like to play a character that is not so common (hate being one between so many, reminds me of the mass shaman tactics in warcraft 3), i want to play a class that is useful to a group when hunting as well as has the chance of soloing. Id also want to be decent in PvP (preferably solo PvP but i must be also decent at group PvP).

Thanks a lot and i am awaiting your answers, fellow WoW gurus!

Ritalin

Crossdressing?

585031503[/snapback]

Indeed. The human male's model is odd looking to me, so I didn't want to play as him. Most every other race I would be the male.

I just bought WoW today. I began playing way back (maybe 10 months ago?) in beta phase number two. $43.99 from Costco -- couldn't resist -- got the Orc/Tauren box. Playing Alliance on Gorefiend with 20 long-time MMORPG'ing friends.

Anyone else on Gorefiend?