I still play wow have been playing since launch the game has changed so much and the community is Horrid and so rude now . I turned off chat 100% and just do solo stuff now. I miss the old days but I'm still having tons of fun

I've just re-installed it but totally lost haven't played it for a few year.. i installed cata and pretty much got bored.. I've signed back in i'm in the middle of no where with useless gear.. i'm going to hit the auction house and read some new guides to get geared up but where should i be headed next? Can anyone help? I haven't bought mists of pandria but i believe we get all the content, where would one start this?

I suppose you can do pet battles, trainers are in the major cities. You could also level through the panada starter zone on a new character. All of the new zones/dungeons/scenarios are on another continent (like TBC/Northrend) and that keeps it off limits for people who haven't upgraded. The quest is auto-triggered when you upgrade and log in or when you walk into your faction leader's room (Wrynn or Garrosh's room) once you've paid your monies.

Don't bother hitting the AH, there are vendors in the zone that have level appropriate gear that you can purchase for a few gold. The NPC is typically at one of the first quest hubs in each areas. If you had gear even remotely good at the end of Cata (looking for raid) then there's nothing you can buy that would be worth equipping -- Heroic T13 lasts well into the final leveling zone.

Thanks for the reply, the problem is i didn't get to the end of cata i thought it was boring, i loaned my account out to a friend when i wasn't using it so the gear is not the complete worst but it's not good either in comparison: see here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Forcer/simple

I'm probably going to have to pay the money as the 7-day free trial has lots of restrictions, can't even talk in the general channel or message my old friends on my list. I was trying to beg people for money but cant :(

Stormwind city trade district seems like a ghost town now, where does everyone hang out?

Your gear is a bit rough, but you're about 3 hours from a complete reset anyway. Deepholm rewards are better than ICC heroic raid gear (including the legendary) and you can go there at 82: I wouldn't worry about it. You should make around 10k after expenses just leveling to 90.

If people are idling they're probably doing it in Pandaria - they have two faction capitals in the middle of the continent and they're close to stuff you actually want to do (raids, black market auction house, daily quests, world bosses) with portals to the old cities if you want them.

ahh so i take it i can't go there until i've bought the expansion? Just going to bite the bullet and buy it i think.

I'm trying to move forward leveling but can't find a quest, someone told me i would find something on the hero's board in stormwind but not there either.

Thanks, i'm getting there.. after going to Vashir i couldn't find any quests that would get me through i think the chain has messed up somewhere i kept drowning, it was an annoying slow process so i left.. i'm now dungeon queueing until i get to level 52 then i'll hit deepholm. I've got cata and activated the free trial of Pandaria for now.

You don't just run out there - there's a whole quest line that gets you unlimited underwater breathing and fast movement speed.

head to stormwind and try to have a chat with the king. he should have something for you.

I tried that, there was nothing, he only had a low level quest available.. it's ok now anyway i'm back on track i hit 52 and picked up the quest for deepholm on the hero board.

Is the game still any fun? I logged back on and levelled my mage to 87 and had moderate fun questing and queuing for dungeons but it seems to have lost its allure from so many years ago. Is end game really run at 90 like it has been in previous expansions?

You don't just run out there - there's a whole quest line that gets you unlimited underwater breathing and fast movement speed.

head to stormwind and try to have a chat with the king. he should have something for you.

Hi, i've hit lvl85 so i dropped the rest of my quests visited SW and got the quest for Pandaria.. what is the best way to handle it from here on? i'm not big on questing so should i be looking for a guild now? is it advised i complete Pandaria quests to 90? I've got the raid finder now, although never raid'd before... is it better to come across dungeons and such in the quest sequence or use the finder? I just spent the entire day getting to 85 and need a break from questing, just not sure if it's a good idea to not do them? Gear seems pretty useless now as i've died a few times on the first part.

Dont use the raid finder til 90, all you can do is Dragon Soul, and no one does that anymore. Questing is the fastest way to 90 and I would advise getting in any guild for the small xp bonus, it will save you on having to do more questing later on. I would do each Pandaria dungeon at least once so you can do the quests inside them, they give tons of xp.

• 2 weeks later...

I've hit 90 and completed the questing area's for Pandaria... I'm now starting to prepare to find a guild and get raiding.. i'm wondering what is the best professions at 90? I've leveled herbalism which only brings a haste boost and the gathering itself doesn't bring much i'm not even getting much on the AH for my herbs.

I was thinking something like blacksmithing and engineering.. but only have 3000 gold, not near enough to level them, i'll need to make a lot of gold fast or stick with mining and collect as many mats as possible and then switch professions, probably looking at a couple of weeks work here though.

Should i be queuing for raids now, most of my gear is pre-raid, i'm not even close to hitting the cap on my hit/expertise. I'm at a bit of a loss.. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Forcer/simple

Thanks evn, i'll look into those professions before i make a move. Will ilvl460 gear drop on dailies or should i just hit the auction house.. also managed to find a decent guild so will get help there too. :)

If you have a bit of gold, I would just buy BOE epics from the AH and keep them in your bags to unlock LFR. When your ilevel is high enough to not need them, you can then sell them back on the AH.