I'm not sure exactly why, but I never got into using anti-aliasing.  When AA is turned on, in any game, for me it just makes it look blurry, not better.  I always leave it turned off.  I will gladly take some jagged edges to have everything look clear and crisp.  I know almost everyone disagrees, but I never understood the desire for AA.

I agree with you in the case of FXAA and such. I think the lost in IQ is big with them. They do the job to reduce the aliasing but at the cost of blurry textures. But i think games are nicer with MSAA and SSAA than without them. But anyway we are all different. Not saying defered aa are perfect or post aa are useless. Some people think FXAA medium is great and it's all fine with me. Some people prefer not having any AA and it's fine with me. It's the same thing with tearing. Some people don't mind and other can't stand it.

Anyway i think giving the players the option is the best thing to do. If you don't like it don't use it and if you like it use it.

All games should have the option to turn off AA and have more than just 2 "post-aa" options.

Too many other good games at the moment but I like that they added MoP for free, although you could probably argue that says a lot that the others are still paid for expansions and that it isn't.

Yay! Awesome, they included MoP in the base package for World of Warcraft. The price of admission for a new player is still $60 for X-pact, $20 for WoW, and then $15 to play it for a month. $95 is quite a pretty penny IMO.

Folks go ballistic at how Apple prices their stuff, but seem perfectly fine with taking it up the arse from Blizzard.

I'm an Apple fan who loves Blizzard games, so I'm basically getting DP'd right now with new expansion and a new iPad coming out soon... lol.

I'm an Apple fan who loves Blizzard games, so I'm basically getting DP'd right now

That must hurt. Specially if you are a man. Cause then both need to go in the same hole right?

Yay! Awesome, they included MoP in the base package for World of Warcraft. The price of admission for a new player is still $60 for X-pact, $20 for WoW, and then $15 to play it for a month. $95 is quite a pretty penny IMO.

I have every physical Collector's Edition. (Including MoP on preorder), and have had an active subscription since Day 1, which means in about 2.5 months (got free 30 days when you first bought the game and they used to give free days back in vanilla when the servers were down) I will have paid $1558.80 in subscription fees, and over $2000 on the game overall. So quiet down about paying $95. Also, the base game includes 30 days free time, so you're not putting that out the first month.

And yes, I feel it has always been worth it. Its only $13 a month.

I have every physical Collector's Edition. (Including MoP on preorder), and have had an active subscription since Day 1, which means in about 2.5 months (got free 30 days when you first bought the game and they used to give free days back in vanilla when the servers were down) I will have paid $1558.80 in subscription fees, and over $2000 on the game overall. So quiet down about paying $95.

And yes, I feel it has always been worth it. Its only $13 a month.

Hold on. You've been playing that entire time, though... I'm talking about new players, here. IMO, Blizzard should just hit the reset button on this expansion and include everything in it for $60. They probably just don't have to because supply/demand/profits.

$13 - $15/month ain't bad when you are REALLY into the game and put lots of hours into it. Sometimes I'm feeling that way about WoW and feel like i'm getting my money's worth. Other months, I'm into other games or w/e I'm doing with my free time that month isn't playing WoW. Those months, I could see myself playing 1 weekend or maybe 2... it just gets kinda pricey at that point when you drift into wanting to play more casually.

Anyway, in ~4 months they will probably drop the price of the expansion to $40.  I picked up MOP for $20 and it hadn't even been out for a year yet.

Wow just re-activated my account for the patch just to realise blizz removed msaa from the game.

Makes me laugh to see all those fanboys who run the game with mid quality settings saying there's no difference. Without even knowing it the minute i fired the game my first impression was "god it doesn't look as good as before". This cmaa is awful. I'll get used to it but it's still an awful aa algo.

It's great having to pay 60$ for worse gfx.

[edit] lol when i do a search on google with "cmaa" and "awful" keywords the first page results are all wow related XD

I honestly can't tell the difference between CMAA and MSAA on my laptop (at 1920x1080) and I play the game with everything on ultra.

Now FXAA just looks flat out awful. If it does really bug you, you can force it through the Nvidia / ATI control panels and it does work with the latest drivers.

I stopped playing 2 years ago after a long addiction. The game was really fun at one point until gear score came along and people became mean. The real end of the game is shown by the Blizzard leveling service. Anyone can just pay to have a max level character and not even have all those levels to learn how to play the class. I was disappointed that they cancelled Titan. I really hoped they had a next gen MMO coming.

Hold on. You've been playing that entire time, though... I'm talking about new players, here. IMO, Blizzard should just hit the reset button on this expansion and include everything in it for $60. They probably just don't have to because supply/demand/profits.

$13 - $15/month ain't bad when you are REALLY into the game and put lots of hours into it. Sometimes I'm feeling that way about WoW and feel like i'm getting my money's worth. Other months, I'm into other games or w/e I'm doing with my free time that month isn't playing WoW. Those months, I could see myself playing 1 weekend or maybe 2... it just gets kinda pricey at that point when you drift into wanting to play more casually.

Anyway, in ~4 months they will probably drop the price of the expansion to $40.  I picked up MOP for $20 and it hadn't even been out for a year yet.

There have been months when I haven't played at all. And months when I only play a few hours. But when a movie ticket is roughly the same price as a month, anything that averages more than 2 hours a month is relatively good value.

For $20 you get the whole rest of the game and your first month of playtime. In effect, making it $5 for the game and all of the expansions.

$60 for WoD makes it $80 ($65) for the first month. And you get an insta-90.

I stopped playing 2 years ago after a long addiction. The game was really fun at one point until gear score came along and people became mean. The real end of the game is shown by the Blizzard leveling service. Anyone can just pay to have a max level character and not even have all those levels to learn how to play the class. I was disappointed that they cancelled Titan. I really hoped they had a next gen MMO coming.

Vanilla WoW got TOUGH in those last 10 levels. You had to know your class just to progress to the top level. Since the first expansion that really hasn't been the case. Leveling is pretty easy and I'd argue that getting to the top level requires a lot of time not a lot of skill. I agree with your overall sentiment that it is a problem when players who don't know how to play their class are bringing groups down in the harder content.

I got sick of that particular problem in WotLK and joined a guild full of elitist that Raided 4 nights a week and you were expected to farm for your repair bill/food/potions on the weekend. Those guilds still exist, so they are an option for you. Basically, when it comes to WoW PvE you can play with scrubs or elitist pricks...

I was sick of both and everything I've done in WoW since then has been PvP as that is something I can enjoy grinding at and be in control of my own progression.

There have been months when I haven't played at all. And months when I only play a few hours. But when a movie ticket is roughly the same price as a month, anything that averages more than 2 hours a month is relatively good value.

For $20 you get the whole rest of the game and your first month of playtime. In effect, making it $5 for the game and all of the expansions.

$60 for WoD makes it $80 ($65) for the first month. And you get an insta-90.

I forgot that the game came with a free month...

And, for the record I find the movie tickets to be overpriced and am perfectly OK to wait until the bluray (or w/e) is rentable ;).

Joined a LFR Throne of Thunder Tier 1 game last night. Considering I only had my level 90 for 2 days I thought I had decent enough gear (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostwolf/Nickerbach/simple). Sure, wasn't top DPS but wasn't in the bottom 5 in overall damage.

Still, lots of folks complaining about scrubs and were completely flabbergasted that so many people would be so terrible "this late in the expansion."

Lol. Lots of people are returning to WoW after long breaks in anticipation of the new expansion. Sorry we suck! I recommend avoiding LFR if you can't stand all us n00bs trying out all the content that you all have been working on for months now.

I recommend avoiding LFR if you can't stand all us n00bs trying out all the content that you all have been working on for months now.

I have no issue with people trying raids for the first time.(I was there a couple weeks ago.) But I have an issue if you don't ask about the fight or look it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no issue with people trying raids for the first time.(I was there a couple weeks ago.) But I have an issue if you don't ask about the fight or look it up.

Just because someone has read about them and watched videos doesn't mean they won't make dumb mistakes. I watched all the videos, did I forget some stuff while I was in the middle of a fight: Yup. Still folks complaining in chat relentlessly about how everyone is a n00b (not to me specifically, but I'm sure they were thinking of me).

Anyway, my guild (who I haven't played with in forever) was kind enough to get me through to a Garosh Hellscream kill on Heroic :D.  I got the staff, tiered gloves token, and a chest piece. Woot!

Yeah the game got quite stressful for me when I had to do "homework" and study videos, optimize my dps, and farm for mats and gold, dailies, etc. Raid became very stressful in my last guild when if you made the slightest mistake in a raid, you were chastised. I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to play a game that I had to do work for and study and get stressed out. It was at it's most fun in vanilla and even raiding MC. After the 1st x-pac it became tedious to me. I played a bit of Cataclysm and that was pretty much it for me.

Yeah the game got quite stressful for me when I had to do "homework" and study videos, optimize my dps, and farm for mats and gold, dailies, etc. Raid became very stressful in my last guild when if you made the slightest mistake in a raid, you were chastised. I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to play a game that I had to do work for and study and get stressed out. It was at it's most fun in vanilla and even raiding MC. After the 1st x-pac it became tedious to me. I played a bit of Cataclysm and that was pretty much it for me.

Don't do Heroic+ raiding then. There are a billion other things to do in the game.

Don't do Heroic+ raiding then. There are a billion other things to do in the game.

Yeah I hear ya but without raiding, the game just got tedious and boring. Farming, doing dailes, waiting in queue for heroics. I used to get home from work by 5 and immediately go onto WoW and do all my dailies and farming for mats for the nights' raid. I'd often be up until 1-2am doing the raids. For a while, it was quite fun especially in the Tier 1 days. As the game went on, gear score and stressing about dps kind of ruined it for me. Maybe the game is different enough now to make it interesting for non-raiders? I had moved on to Rift when it came out and it was so refreshing to not have to worry harassment from other players and having to do homework.

I been playing since just before the bc launch off and on the whole time I definitly can say I dont miss the days before dungon finder and raid finder.

I rember multiple times in wrath and bc trying to get gear to tank or dps but everyone was like no your gearscore isnt high enough and wanted numbers that were want to nax better have killed the lich king if you want a spot in this raid

At least now I have a chance at getting gear and not needing to get my defence rating to some number

Or trying to run a dungon to get some gear and the only way to get that gear was to run the dungon but nobody would go with you or let you go because you needed gear

Sure the community has soured but I have noticed that in alot of games online anymore

I hope this expantion is good.

I have liked most of them so far except for cata where litterly everyone stood in town all day for the entire expantion and I hope no flying mounts really gets people running around instead of seeing nobody in the world

It helps taking frequant breaks form this game as I do constantly

Yeah I hear ya but without raiding, the game just got tedious and boring. Farming, doing dailes, waiting in queue for heroics. I used to get home from work by 5 and immediately go onto WoW and do all my dailies and farming for mats for the nights' raid. I'd often be up until 1-2am doing the raids. For a while, it was quite fun especially in the Tier 1 days. As the game went on, gear score and stressing about dps kind of ruined it for me. Maybe the game is different enough now to make it interesting for non-raiders? I had moved on to Rift when it came out and it was so refreshing to not have to worry harassment from other players and having to do homework.

I raided a lot in the BC and WotLK days (but stopped shortly after ICC was released). I still had a blast doing Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds can be a lot of fun and something you can do in WoW on your own time.

There are a lot more casual raiding options in WoW, now, but the player base hasn't changed much so folks still bitch and moan in chat. The "LFR" raids also give the whole raid a significant buff that increases every wipe. So your group will eventually overcome the boss.

If you want to minimize "study" time, I recommend the approach for learning about each boss to be "Is there anything I can do (or not do) that will wipe the raid?" If you can avoid those things, you can probably avoid being yelled out. Even still, there are a lot of asshat elitist jerks that play this game so you have to have thick skin.

I raided a lot in the BC and WotLK days (but stopped shortly after ICC was released). I still had a blast doing Battlegrounds. Battlegrounds can be a lot of fun and something you can do in WoW on your own time.

There are a lot more casual raiding options in WoW, now, but the player base hasn't changed much so folks still bitch and moan in chat. The "LFR" raids also give the whole raid a significant buff that increases every wipe. So your group will eventually overcome the boss.

If you want to minimize "study" time, I recommend the approach for learning about each boss to be "Is there anything I can do (or not do) that will wipe the raid?" If you can avoid those things, you can probably avoid being yelled out. Even still, there are a lot of asshat elitist jerks that play this game so you have to have thick skin.

I wonder if the xpac is good enough to get back into the game. I've been inactive for some time so I hope my character is not deleted.

I wonder if the xpac is good enough to get back into the game. I've been inactive for some time so I hope my character is not deleted.

your character will not be deleted. I have returned to wow after a 5 yrs period and all of my toons on every shard were still exactly how i left them (one even dead...).

1 hour queue. Yey!

At least you made it to the queue, mine either simply wouldn't connect, wouldn't load my characters or crash at the loading screen... and there was apparently lots of issues for those that actually managed to get in to the world.

I don't mind the long queues, i'm on Silvermoon so i expect it... but down time is just not acceptable when you're paying ?35 or ?50 for the new content and ?8.99/month for a subscription. WoW is an expensive game to keep up with throw in some of their paid services and it can be a hefty figure just to play a game.. 10 years they have been at it now this shouldn't be happening.