How you guys liking Legion? I pretty much skipped WoD and most of MoP so I've been gone a while. So far it's really fun and I like the relic weapon. Played all night after work and got to almost 102. I need to take it easy so I don't get drawn into addiction again, lol.

19 hours ago, trag3dy said:

I'm enjoying it so far, playing my prot/fury warrior first. I like the new maps too. Been through Stormheim already and am now close to finishing High Mountain.

Loving it here too. Looks like there's countless stuff to look forward to at 110.

I am enjoying the new weapon system and graphics enhancements that they have made, but I wish they would bring back the OLD, Vanilla OLD, talent system.  Talents are so dumbed down now, not a whole lot of ways to differentiate yourself.

1 minute ago, Nerd Rage said:

I am enjoying the new weapon system and graphics enhancements that they have made, but I wish they would bring back the OLD, Vanilla OLD, talent system.  Talents are so dumbed down now, not a whole lot of ways to differentiate yourself.

It might appear to be dumbed down at the moment, but it's not really dumbed down. If I change certain talents, my rotation and playstyle changes too. Additionally, you have the PvP talent tree and the Artifact talent tree. That makes it three talent trees to pay attention to and tweak accordingly.

1 minute ago, Nerd Rage said:

In the artifact talent tree, is there a maximum number of items you can get, or as long as you keep gaining points can you eventually fill out the whole thing?

Yes, but you need to pick the right route because it will cost you quite a lot if you plan to invest elsewhere after already spending points.

3 minutes ago, Nerd Rage said:

In the artifact talent tree, is there a maximum number of items you can get, or as long as you keep gaining points can you eventually fill out the whole thing?

You eventually get enough points for everything.

6 minutes ago, LaP said:

Hey guys,

Is the new exp any good?

Better than WoD? Wrose?

What is different?

I love it and found WoD okay.

You still have the good things from WoD but done better. For instance, you have an Order Hall which replaces the garrison. You do missions, quests and other activities within but you don't have the commodities of your garrison so you won't spend most of your time there.

The zones are incredibly beautiful, vast and varied. I've only been through one zone yet but it feels larger and more full of content than all the zones in Draenor combined. There's stuff to do everywhere, and you aren't being handheld throughout; you're allowed to explore and discover stuff.

The artefact system is great. You unlock new abilities and buffs, similar to the old talent system, and can customise the appearance and of the weapon and such.

My one major issue was choosing a class. It sounds stupid, but I find too many of them fun to play and I just couldn't decide which to go for. In the end I'm having an epic ######## blast as a Blood/Frost Death Knight.

And that's about all I can say so far. Gotta spend more time with it!

• Like 2

On 9/1/2016 at 8:33 PM, Nerd Rage said:
2 hours ago, Jub Fequois said:

I love it and found WoD okay.

You still have the good things from WoD but done better. For instance, you have an Order Hall which replaces the garrison. You do missions, quests and other activities within but you don't have the commodities of your garrison so you won't spend most of your time there.

The zones are incredibly beautiful, vast and varied. I've only been through one zone yet but it feels larger and more full of content than all the zones in Draenor combined. There's stuff to do everywhere, and you aren't being handheld throughout; you're allowed to explore and discover stuff.

The artefact system is great. You unlock new abilities and buffs, similar to the old talent system, and can customise the appearance and of the weapon and such.

My one major issue was choosing a class. It sounds stupid, but I find too many of them fun to play and I just couldn't decide which to go for. In the end I'm having an epic ######## blast as a Blood/Frost Death Knight.

And that's about all I can say so far. Gotta spend more time with it!

In addition to what you already mentioned about the class order hall, you now actually see other people playing the class within the order hall. You're not just zoned alone in no man's land like you did in the Garrison.

1 minute ago, Scar said:

In addition to what you already mentioned about the class order hall, you now actually see other people playing the class within the order hall. You're not just zoned alone in no man's land like you did in the Garrison.

Yeah Garrison was pretty much the downfall of WoD as a MMO. Once people started to raid they stayed on their Garrison 90% of the time outside of raiding.

Just now, LaP said:

Yeah Garrison was pretty much the downfall of WoD as a MMO. Once people started to raid they stayed on their Garrison 90% of the time outside of raiding.

Yeah, the Garrison was a complete failure. Ashran was absolutely terrible too. I only played and enjoyed the second half of WoD(patch 6.2 onwards) simply because PvP was fixed and more tolerable and I had a connected group and we regularly did RBGs and Arenas. Outside of that, there wasn't much worth doing.

I honestly was sick of WoD before the beta even ended.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:32 PM, Scar said:

It might appear to be dumbed down at the moment, but it's not really dumbed down. If I change certain talents, my rotation and playstyle changes too. Additionally, you have the PvP talent tree and the Artifact talent tree. That makes it three talent trees to pay attention to and tweak accordingly.

That sounds like an illusion of choice. PvP talents are only applicable in PvP and there is always a best build for PvE.

What's everyone rolling for the start of this expac? I started with fury/prot warrior and I'll probably be playing my unholy dk after that.

If anyone needs a tank for for a dungeon or whatever and is on the horde side US hit me up, battle.net account f3llyn#1122.

Who knows how it'll go in the long run but I feel like it's a great expansion so far apart from a few minor things. Of course I didn't think WoD was all that bad either, it's just my friends stopped playing so I did too.

I'm seriously considering getting into raiding this time but I dread having to look for a guild to do it with.

5 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Who knows how it'll go in the long run but I feel like it's a great expansion so far apart from a few minor things. Of course I didn't think WoD was all that bad either, it's just my friends stopped playing so I did too.

I'm seriously considering getting into raiding this time but I dread having to look for a guild to do it with.

Son bought it and loves it (he is 15) , I have not yet, just been building up gold and tokens... 

Kid lucked out and got a 845 Mail legs with a socket drop on the first day, he put in the the AH and got 250 k for it. Lucky bugger.

Will probably get it here for myself by months end. I had hoped I quit for ever since I quit playing a year ago last September but just rebooted my subscription last month for the pre-patch.

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online lately.  WoW just got really boring to me at some point.  There was a point where it seemed like I was forced to re-spec 2 or 3 times over the course of a couple months because of changes to "simplify" the talent trees (some time around Cataclysm?).  I distinctly remember having to be level 40 and pay some huge amount of gold for my first mount, and now people are getting them for free or very little at level 10.  On top of that, a lot of the quests just seem very repetitive any more.  Hey, I have this problem, go kill X number of this creature, go collect X number of this sparkling thing scattered on the ground in this given area; rinse repeat, DING!  Having epic gear, having your epic mount, epic gear, and getting titles like "Sergeant" from vanilla PVP used to mean something; now it feels like I wasted hours and hours working for things just to have it given to newcomers for free.  Maybe ESO will feel that way in the future, but at least right now I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I paid for a 6 month subscription and installed it when I got this new PC a month or so ago, I think mostly out of nostalgia, but after a pretty badass intro video of the Alliance and Horde fighting together and starting the "Mists of Panderia" quests, I realized real quick why I had quit playing; "Go here, kill X number of these creatures, right click X number of this sparkling item, kill this one special creature, rinse and repeat".

25 minutes ago, Gerowen said:

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online lately.  WoW just got really boring to me at some point.  There was a point where it seemed like I was forced to re-spec 2 or 3 times over the course of a couple months because of changes to "simplify" the talent trees (some time around Cataclysm?).  I distinctly remember having to be level 40 and pay some huge amount of gold for my first mount, and now people are getting them for free or very little at level 10.  On top of that, a lot of the quests just seem very repetitive any more.  Hey, I have this problem, go kill X number of this creature, go collect X number of this sparkling thing scattered on the ground in this given area; rinse repeat, DING!  Having epic gear, having your epic mount, epic gear, and getting titles like "Sergeant" from vanilla PVP used to mean something; now it feels like I wasted hours and hours working for things just to have it given to newcomers for free.  Maybe ESO will feel that way in the future, but at least right now I'm enjoying it a lot more.

I paid for a 6 month subscription and installed it when I got this new PC a month or so ago, I think mostly out of nostalgia, but after a pretty badass intro video of the Alliance and Horde fighting together and starting the "Mists of Panderia" quests, I realized real quick why I had quit playing; "Go here, kill X number of these creatures, right click X number of this sparkling item, kill this one special creature, rinse and repeat".

After the pre-Legion patch revamp of classes, I played long enough to try a Demon Hunter for an hour and then canceled. The demon Hunter was OP enough for me to see it was going to be nerfed all to hell in the future. My hunter became squishy and fragile, my Disc Priest became useless.

Those were my two level 100 toons and they destroyed them both. Made me not want to play anymore. I was angry enough when they removed the ability for hunters to melee and use range. This latest change was too much for me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

After the pre-Legion patch revamp of classes, I played long enough to try a Demon Hunter for an hour and then canceled. The demon Hunter was OP enough for me to see it was going to be nerfed all to hell in the future. My hunter became squishy and fragile, my Disc Priest became useless.

Those were my two level 100 toons and they destroyed them both. Made me not want to play anymore. I was angry enough when they removed the ability for hunters to melee and use range. This latest change was too much for me.

That's why I quit a few years ago. I got tired of the game always changing into something different. You can't have a character, or playstyle, you love, and keep it. Every character I loved, and leveled, got changed into something completely different. The game isn't even the same anymore. Gone are the talent trees, specs, and rotations I used to know, and love.

Got tired of it, and decided that if I have to keep learning something new, I'll just learn a different game then. If I can't have a character I can settle into, then I'm not settling into that game. I blame pvp balance spilling over into my pve. That, and them trying to keep a 12 year old title relevant by changing everything instead of making something new.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Shaun N. I've been playing a ton of Classic :) my guild is on Palge (re-rolled from Stalagg) and we're having a blast!!!  I tried retail lately but it's just so arcadey and while arguably less of a 'grind' than classic it is so much more monotonous.  Someone on Reddit put it pretty well you can login for 1 hour a day each week on Retail just to keep pace after doing all your chores or you can play Classic Sunday for 7 hours straight on Sunday or 1 hour a day each week and you get pretty much the same result (obvious a bit overblown due to raids, but you get the point).

Anyway, not trying to start a retail vs classic flame war but i really really hope we see a Classic+ and not go through the expansions, or ideally retail starts to look a bit more like classic did.  I'm all for QOL features but i just cant have fun in Retail... there is almost too much to do and it isn't like you can just go do it... you need to login day after day.  I also really like the loot system better.