what the hell!?

Question

I made the ipb board and It shows I am the first one to join in.., why am I member #2?

IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE IT? :angry: :angry:

Edited by Erik@complexgfx

15 answers to this question

Why do you even bother to change it? Isn't it kind of pointless to do it? Anyways if you change your user id in the ibf_members... then you also need to change other ids in the db of ibf_posts.. etc...

Is it really worth it. I run a forum, I'm member numer 2. It doesnt bother me. But of course I have a root admin account and another admin account which I post with. Could it be that you are using the real second account.

If you really wanted to change it i think theres something in database, but i dont think its worth the effort.

im sure u can.. its just a code

585042507[/snapback]

Do you mean remove the bit that says Member No.: 2 in your profile or remove member numbers completly? The former is opssible, you just need to edit the skin templates but the latter is impossible because without it the forums would not work.

I'm user # 1 on my forums, however, if you want to remove the member number from the post entry simply do the following.

Admin CP -> Skins & Templates -> Skin Manager -> The skin you want to edit -> Topic View -> RenderRow -> Remove the following:

$author['member_number']