Blueyonder Speed Upgrade

Well its december and ive just noticed that downloading of some sites that my dl speeds are starting to hit 450kbps

This doesnt make it 4mb connection but its deff over a 3mb connection, upload speeds aint improved yet, still 35

anybody else had a speed improvement yet ???

Loads of people have. They are upgrading areas as we type.

Although, as of yet, I am not one of the lucky ones. :(

and saying that...mine was done last night :D Glos area.

Edited by axious

Can people please only post what areas of the country they are from as we can have an idea of where's being upgraded and who hasn't? Also anybody got a test link we can use to see if out download is better?

OMFGWTFLOLROFLBBQ !!111!!111 256 UPLOAD HERE I COME :woot: :woot: :woot:

Nothing yet (Midlands area).

I was going to leave Telewest before they started their upgrades all those months back, as the TCO anually per MB was greater then a lot of ADSL providers.

But after their upgrade last time, and now another freebie upgrade, they aren't doing bad at all (taking into account theres no download limit either).

I know there's ADSL providers who are cheaper but they limit downloads.

Also - if people are putting what area of the country they are in, can they also put what speed they're going from and to.

Just be nice to know if Telewest do their faster customers before they do the slower ones or vice versa :blink:

Yeah, if we all don't keep on saying:

OMFGWTFLOL DONCASTER HASN'T BEEN UPGRADED, I WANT MY 4MBITS OMFGLOL WTF!!!11!!!

And we just put files we can test to download and where HAS been upgraded its easier for people to read ?!!?!?!

According to adslguide.org.uk, this is mine right now:

Downstream 295 Kbps (36.9 KB/sec)

Upstream 247 Kbps (30.9 KB/sec)

I'll see if it changes much come January.

I'm supposed to be 1.5mb (We started on 1mb, then they did that first upgrade and it's meant to be 1.5) but the site I did the tests at says this:

NOTE: Your downstream speed result is very low for the type of connection specified (Cable, 1.5 Mbps). We strongly recommend that you check your Internet connection is not being used elsewhere during the test and/or contact your ISP to resolve speed issues you may be experiencing.

Could that be because I'm using a wireless router and my dad's pc is connected too?

Nothing yet (Midlands area).

I was going to leave Telewest before they started their upgrades all those months back, as the TCO anually per MB was greater then a lot of ADSL providers.

But after their upgrade last time, and now another freebie upgrade, they aren't doing bad at all (taking into account theres no download limit either).

I know there's ADSL providers who are cheaper but they limit downloads.

Also - if people are putting what area of the country they are in, can they also put what speed they're going from and to.

Just be nice to know if Telewest do their faster customers before they do the slower ones or vice versa:blink::

585066136[/snapback]

Midlands are being done now. Dudley, Solihull, Glos and all that area have been done

Brum is tonight apparently.

Some places done:

Glos

Benfleet

Basildon

Edinburgh

Bristol

Croydon

Bromsgrove

Redditch

Plymouth to name a few that have been done

Midlands are being done now.  Dudley, Solihull, Glos and all that area have been done

Brum is tonight apparently.

Some places done:

Glos

Benfleet

Basildon

Edinburgh

Bristol

Croydon

Bromsgrove

Redditch

Plymouth to name a few that have been done

585066162[/snapback]

How do you know this? Any idea on when Sheffield will be done :p?

Downstream  295 Kbps (36.9 KB/sec)

Upstream  247 Kbps (30.9 KB/sec)

I'll see if it changes much come January.

585066154[/snapback]

Downstream 940 Kbps (117.5 KB/sec)

Upstream 116 Kbps (14.5 KB/sec)

I'm in the North West and that looks suspiciously like I've been upgraded from my 768 to 1024 :D

I suppose it depends on the modem but when I was with blueyonder (moved out of area otherwise i'd have stayed with them :(), it told me the up and down bit rates. Also, one of the pages of the modem said what configuration file was being used. Mine was something like cb-1024-256, which was their name given to the 1Mbit down, 256kbit up config. I had a Scientific Atlanta modem.

I suppose it depends on the modem but when I was with blueyonder (moved out of area otherwise i'd have stayed with them :(), it told me the up and down bit rates.  Also, one of the pages of the modem said what configuration file was being used.  Mine was something like cb-1024-256, which was their name given to the 1Mbit down, 256kbit up config.  I had a Scientific Atlanta modem.

585066238[/snapback]

That's quite cool. My piece of Motorola crap doesn't show anything like that :(

WOW I never knew that! Thanks :happy:

585066226[/snapback]

You saw your speed in there? What modem have you got, mines a Motorola Surfboard and it doesnt say anything about my speeds.

If you have the motorola surfboard 4100, like me, you can view the logs and look for the configuration file*. I think by are trying ot update the modem but are sending the wrong config type for the modem. Im sure they will get round to sending the right one though.

edit: look down the information cell on the logs tab. it will be in there somewhere if it recently been updated. Also you can try powerign down your modem for 30 seconds then pluging the power back in.