[Review] Logitech X-530 Speakers

I got some a few days ago. For the price was very impressed. You make good points GrimReaper.

One thing though, I'm not sure it's fair to call them "hard wired" - but yes they do use rca plugs/jacks. To extend the length is as simple as buying rca to rca extender cable, probably the first lead you'll find in any electronic/audio shop, plus a female to female adaptor. I think you could splice high quality rca plugs onto your speaker wires to use other speakers if that's your wish. (But you can't change/extend the right front speaker, as it attaches to the sub via a d-sub, and obviously you can't change the sub).

I agree with the sub being variable in it's boom. I spent a while being a bit distressed at it, then I started experimenting, and found that when sitting on a telephone book or two, this dampens it a little, giving it much more boom control. At the expense of some low range, for sure, but hey for the price... Of course it depends what sound you push through it, but on books and the bass control at about 30% - 40%, I can stick games, trip hop, bit of industrial, dvds, etc, through with a pretty good bass response without having to fiddle with the settings.

I found the overall sound in music to be pretty filled out, another suprise for a 5.1 system at this price. The sound is just slightly hollowed out in the middle, but it's still all there to an adequate degree as far as I can hear with all my well-worn music. The bass doesn't quite get down there, the tops can sometimes sound a little forced - but overall they are clear and responsive. I have mine going through an eq, to just take the high frequencies down a touch when it feels a little harsh.

These are cheap speakers that do a good job of pretending to be more expensive ones. If you start pushing you'll definitely see the cracks form (mainly in the sub), but you really can pump them reasonably and enjoy the sound. Very nice at the price point. :) I got mine on clearance sale for $70 AU (about $45 US), at that kind of price they are a right steal.

Subby where did you get yours from?? I got mine from EB at 40% off for $90. Even though most online shops sell them 4 $90 normally.

• 1 month later...

I am sorry to bump this, but I didn't feel its appropiate to make a new thread. I just wanted to say thanks for the review. I bought these and they sound EXCELLENT! BIG difference from the dell 2.1 I had. :)

The sound quality is well worth the price. Any comparable speaker set would cost twice as much and anything higher end costs 3-5 times more, so this is an excellent set for 5.1 with ultra crisp sound. You can hear the lyrics of any song clearly, and the dialogue in movies crystal clear, with still that bass penetration of the subwoofer that is a "bit" boomy as stated, but is still very good quality, and easily controllable with sound card equlizers. My Audigy 2 I find has great options to tweak the sound to just the way I like it. No complaints, this is what I would recommend to ANYONE who wants 5.1 sound that is high quality and comparable to mid-high end systems that cost much more. If you are doing this as an upgrade to get better quality sound, you will enjoy it immensely. It is no worth it to go from a cheap 20 dollar set to a 300-400 dollar set as you will like the sound, but not know enough about the quality of the sound to be able to differentiate it enough with this cheaper set. I would recommend spending the cash to get this set, and after a while get accustomed to the sound, and then compare to a higher end model and see if it's worth a future upgrade.

Also, this set is quite stylish ;) It will compliment your room and setup no matter what. The dual drivers and black mesh and polished black plastic make it look high end. The speakers look very big compared to other sets because of the dual drivers. And the size and colors fit perfectly for any 2005FPW owners out there!

I got mine for a mere $65 CAD after doing a Futureshop/Staples.ca 50% pricematch. Futureshop had it on sale in store for $89.99, and Staples had it for $130 or something like that. I went into the Staples store to get the pricematch and they had changed the price just that day because of the PM opportunity. Sooo I went back the Staples website to find it was still the higher price on their website, so I submitted an online Pricematch and got the free shipping and everything :cool:

Edited by Toxicity_Josh

• 4 months later...

audigy 2. i have a worse card than all of these so anything above mine is good. i have a sb live 5.1. but the x-fi xtreme music is not really that expensive. only 120 on newegg.

oh i know i am in your same situation. i am 14 and have a strict budget too. but there is always christmas. i think you can pick up an audigy 2 value at newegg for around 60 dollars. probably the best bang for your buck there.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought these just yesterday with a good Christmas discount and so far they work wonders. As previous posters already mentioned they are very stylish and the sound is excellent as well. So far I am really satisfied with my choice.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the X-230's which are the 2.1 version and the sound is awesome for the price. My only complaint is that the volume knob is on the right speaker, my left hand is always free while my right hand is on the mouse. I like the volume on the left, I have physicaly swapped the speakers left for right and no big deal but in racing games cars on the left sound on the right, etc.

I just ordered these from Newegg for a really good price compared to other online stores and local retail stores. I actually saw them in BestBuy the other day while trying to figure out how to spend a gift certificate I got for christmas. They were "on sale" for $80. I decided to buy a nice leather desk chair that was on sale since I had a crappy, uncomfortable student chair. When I went to order a floppy drive from newegg I decided to give the speakers a look on there just to read the reviews...not only did I find GREAT reviews but I also found out that they were only $52.00 shipped to my house. I bought the OEM version because it was $7 cheaper and the specs didn't look any different, the only thing I noticed was that the OEM version didn't show a picture of the box...if that's the only difference then I could care less if they stick it in a UPS box, lol.

This is going to be an AWESOME upgrade from my Antec ACS33 2.1 20watt speakers that i've had for almost 5 years...I can't wait!

I went to a store yesterday to buy it for $59.99 CDN compared to $119.99 CDN at Futureshop/Best Buy. When I reached there it was sold out. The last one was sold to someone 30minutes before I came. If only I came earlier. I did reserve one and it should be in stock by today (afternoon). Crazy speakers.

• 4 months later...

They are great speakers :D and for a budget setup, they definetly have a lot of "bang for your buck" and considering I got them even cheaper, I couldn't be more happier with them :) If your looking for a good set of 5.1 speakers that have very good sound and won't break the bank, the X-530 could be for you :happy:

Just want to ask..

Can we open the plastic mesh on the satellite. Anyone know how to help me. Really hate this mesh. Hope can open it.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the plastic mesh with a knife or a pair of sharp scissors.

Anyone tried to open this mesh before?

How does it look?

The surface of my satellites are not so smooth? Especially when there is strong light. Why it can be like this?