PSP Review & HQ Pics

Odd that in all the Hands-on impressions, there is not one talk on the analoge nub or long term battery performance, heat or motor noise. So we can technically say this is a review, until they actually put some games into the PSP and play till batteries are dead.

I think battery performance is what most people are concerned about, and that is what needs to be a priority in all technical reviews.

I don't need to read about the good stuff, advertisment and marketing does that job pretty well. I want to read about the bad and the load time blurp in all hands-on articles was quite informative.

i hope theres a better playback function for the mp3. cause by the looks of it you have to scroll through every song. it would be much better if theres some sort of library thing where you could search through artists or genre or whatever. firmware upgrades?

Haha, Pokemon not available in all countries? Ok, let's look at this. Main 2 markets, US and Japan? Check, pokemon everywhere. Europe, check! Pokemon is on in the UK and I even caught it in German when I was out there.

585066978[/snapback]

Yeah, Treu

Pokemon is World Wide.

If u say pokemon everyone understand you, Just when u say Micheal jackson everyone nows :yes:

Yeah, Treu

Pokemon is World Wide.

If u say pokemon everyone understand you, Just when u say Micheal jackson everyone nows  :yes:

585067646[/snapback]

Zimbabwe does not know what pokemon is. So you are wrong. :p

i hope theres a better playback function for the mp3. cause by the looks of it you have to scroll through every song. it would be much better if theres some sort of library thing where you could search through artists or genre or whatever. firmware upgrades?

585067641[/snapback]

That's my concern, I hope they don't cripple it to differentiate it from their MP3 player range.

Edit, here's some more pics as well:

http://www.tgfcer.com/hardware/567.htm

http://www.tgfcer.com/hardware/562.htm

I really smell "Nintendo & DS Fanboy"... if we start a PS2 vs. GC thread, he'll say that the GC has better performance... no point arguing with him...

585066996[/snapback]

Hmm... don't wish to **** on your parade, but anyone with any ounce of technical knowledge knows that, yes, the GameCube DOES outperform the PS2. It has more hardware standard features, and a faster CPU and GPU. The GameCube may be a small purple box, but it genuinely IS more powerful than the PS2. Understandable, since the PS2 is far older.

Hmm... don't wish to **** on your parade, but anyone with any ounce of technical knowledge knows that, yes, the GameCube DOES outperform the PS2.  It has more hardware standard features, and a faster CPU and GPU.  The GameCube may be a small purple box, but it genuinely IS more powerful than the PS2.  Understandable, since the PS2 is far older.

585067689[/snapback]

I explained that I meant that it outperforms the Gamecube sales-wise. It's true that the GC is technically better. I said so myself, a few posts up. Take a look first, then think about flaming me? Thankies. ^^

Why did they even bother with the UMD drive when they can use memory sticks and have better load time/battery life.

585067699[/snapback]

Because it's Sony, and if they don't support their own crappy formats, who will? This is just a way to force you to buy their products and accessories. And the memory stick is also a proprietary format, that you will only be able to use with PSP.

Because I imagine producing a UMD is more cost effective / GB then a Memory stick is. A 1 GB memory stick costs over $100 and a UMD holds more than that.

Why did they even bother with the UMD drive when they can use memory sticks and have better load time/battery life.

585067699[/snapback]

The MemoryStick has smaller capacity than the UMD (I'm talking about the 1GB MS) and it's more expensive than the UMD.

Because it's Sony, and if they don't support their own crappy formats, who will? This is just a way to force you to buy their products and accessories. And the memory stick is also a proprietary format, that you will only be able to use with PSP.

585067711[/snapback]

Only be able to use with the PSP? They can be used in loads of Sony products like Cameras, Camcorders and Phones, not to mention other Manufacturers utilise MS in their products.

It's onlt as proprietry as the amount of times you're going to use it. MS is the same price as other memory formats in the UK. My 512mb SD card can only be used in my Digital Camera, the PSP will be my only MS device so it's no different at all.

Theres no doubt the PSP does look like nice and is a powerful piece of kit.... i may wait for the european release before investing in one, at the moment i've got my DS which i am happy with. If i didn't have a personal media center already i may of considered of getting one of these but for some original games i'll stick with my DS for now.

Because I imagine producing a UMD is more cost effective / GB then a Memory stick is. A 1 GB memory stick costs over $100 and a UMD holds more than that.

585067716[/snapback]

Yet they could have still used standard SD cards or CF cards for memory for saves/music/movies but they didn't and used a modified version of their own memory sticks.

They always forcing you to their standards. This what I hate about Sony. If it was a game only handheld, it is understandable because of piracy as well as security issues.

But when they letting you to upload your own media to memory and still forcing you to get their own formats, it's frustrating. At least with SD and CF cards, there are so many companies that make their own brand, would have been cheaper and more competitively priced.l

Now you have to pay premium for Sony prices since they are the only ones that make them.

Yet they could have still used standard SD cards or CF cards for memory for saves/music/movies but they didn't and used a modified version of their own memory sticks.

They always forcing you to their standards. This what I hate about Sony. If it was a game only handheld, it is understandable because of piracy as well as security issues.

But when they letting you to upload your own media to memory and still forcing you to get their own formats, it's frustrating. At least with SD and CF cards, there are so many companies that make their own brand, would have been cheaper and more competitively priced.l

Now you have to pay premium for Sony prices.

585067749[/snapback]

There are some companies who have started to make MemoryStick "clones". They are available here in Argentina. I'm guessing they are made in China or Malasya.

There are some companies who have started to make MemoryStick "clones". They are available here in Argentina. I'm guessing they are made in China or Malasya.

585067765[/snapback]

I sincerely doubt those are legal.

Now you have to pay premium for Sony prices since they are the only ones that make them.

585067749[/snapback]

Explain how it's modified? You can buy a bog standard 512MB MS Duo and use it in any device that can use a Memory stick or Memory Stick Duo. And again you're wrong about other companies making them, all the usual people who make memory cards make Memory Sticks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...3857697162&rd=1

There's an example, Sandisk 512mb MS Duo Pro, 25% cheaper then a Sony own brand.

if youre talking bout memorysticks not made by sony, there are other companies making memory sticks such as sandisk.

Explain how it's modified? You can buy a bog standard 512MB MS Duo and use it in any device that can use a Memory stick or Memory Stick Duo. And again you're wrong about other companies making them, all the usual people who make memory cards make Memory Sticks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...3857697162&rd=1

There's an example, Sandisk 512mb MS Duo Pro, 25% cheaper then a Sony own brand.

585067778[/snapback]

I have a Sony Digital Camcorder, and it's MS is twice as longer than that. It's a 2003 model. BTW, that in Canadian dollars is like 4-5 times more expensive if you do the conversion. That is simply too much for 512mb

woah i was searching through sandisk's site, they have 4gb memory stick pros, and 2gb sd cards, and 1gb memory stick duo pros. omg thats incredible, i never relized their storage capacity can get up that high. shocking

I have a Sony Digital Camcorder, and it's MS is twice as longer than that. It's a 2003 model.

585067791[/snapback]

Uhh, yes, this is a Duo. It's not created for the PSP, it's been out for a while, it's a reduced size Memory Stick. Exactly the same way as you have a MMC card and a RS-MMC (Reduced Size MMC). Exactly the same way as they're creating Mini SD as well, it's nothing strange. Not to mention that when you buy it the MS Duo comes with an adapter to use the Duo in devices that take the regular Memory stick.

So it's not new, it's not proprietry and you can use it on your Sony Digital Camcorder.