Help please...Neowin SS...

Question

I am still not very well suited for creating nice graphics from scratch...this is my basic idea...can someone help me make it look nice? (preferrably .psd w/ layers so i can modify the beta version, etc) Some may guess what this is for...I wont tell though (until i get the beta actually...worked up...lol) :ninja: :D

post-54000-1102558928.gif

Sky, if you're in need, i can provide with all graphics needed for your project. I cannot get started till friday at 1pm central due to finals.

(i've designed multiple websites)

caraway@gmail.com

I Lowered the quality for the preview, heres a better one

585093115[/snapback]

still looks fuzzy...but keep it up still, I appreciate your work :)

I messed up a little on the background image, if your realy interested I can fix it.

NeowinIMG14.jpg

Oh and hear are my guesses.

system simulation

sinaptic systhisys

saturation station

sad sandworm

scro*** stabeliser

WHY WONT YOU JUST TELL US!?!?!?!

Edited by C4ff31n3_H4x0r

I messed up a little on the background image, if your realy interested I can fix it.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/C4FF31N3%20N...NeowinIMG14.jpg

Oh and hear are my guesses.

system simulation

sinaptic systhisys

saturation station

sad sandworm

scro*** stabeliser

WHY WONT YOU JUST TELL US!?!?!?!

585093664[/snapback]

I did tell everyone :)

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=585090306

cough cough...first development pics...

Please ignore the A buttons and Didnt change text...thats debug stuff that im just using for testing stuff...

585092429[/snapback]

it's Neoshooter :p

im just going to post maybe a few more beta pics here till i actually post a thread about this in software...any more logo thingy ideas?

post-54000-1102995901_thumb.jpg

Looks good. (Y) Nice to see you have NeoRequest in there. ;) Also, could you give us some detailed information about this project and what it will end up as etc? Explanation in other words.

JMann

Looks good. (Y) Nice to see you have NeoRequest in there. ;) Also, could you give us some detailed information about this project and what it will end up as etc? Explanation in other words.

JMann

585099652[/snapback]

well heres the idea...i have read before of others talking about a neowin software suite...but it always ended at that...and i read comments on those ideas...and this is how i am planning on it ending up:

First of all, the programs wont be buttons, as they are now...(well, not standard buttons)...they will be more steam style so you can scroll through the list of apps, instead of me having to enlarge the form each time to add another button...

the buttons will function as such:

check if program is installed, if so, run it...

if not installed, check to see if the installer has been downloaded

if it has, check if there is a newer version

if no newer version, prompt to install (or perhaps just install)

if newer version, either auto update or prompt to update and install, or install current version that has been downloaded

if no newer version, install app

and some basics, option to auto check for software suite updates to the suite program itself...

how updates/downloading/and similar will be handled:

updates will be checked through an xml file stored on a website...

there will be multiple servers for downloading the apps from...during the beta phase i will hosts it all myself...but i know i wont have enough bandwidth once it goes public, so i figure i can have the app check online for list of active servers with the newest version to download from...chances are I would make some place for devs of these apps to go into to update their program version and mirrors...

yup...i think thats most of it :)

but i plan on keeping this somewhat 'downunder' until a little more into it...i am still learning c# as i said...and ive already learned a lot thus far...but i am hitting bumps now and then :)