Help please...Neowin SS...

Question

SkyyPunk

I am still not very well suited for creating nice graphics from scratch...this is my basic idea...can someone help me make it look nice? (preferrably .psd w/ layers so i can modify the beta version, etc) Some may guess what this is for...I wont tell though (until i get the beta actually...worked up...lol) :ninja: :D

post-54000-1102558928.gif

JMann
well heres the idea...i have read before of others talking about a neowin software suite...but it always ended at that...and i read comments on those ideas...and this is how i am planning on it ending up:

First of all, the programs wont be buttons, as they are now...(well, not standard buttons)...they will be more steam style so you can scroll through the list of apps, instead of me having to enlarge the form each time to add another button...

the buttons will function as such:

check if program is installed, if so, run it...

if not installed, check to see if the installer has been downloaded

if it has, check if there is a newer version

if no newer version, prompt to install (or perhaps just install)

if newer version, either auto update or prompt to update and install, or install current version that has been downloaded

if no newer version, install app

and some basics, option to auto check for software suite updates to the suite program itself...

how updates/downloading/and similar will be handled:

updates will be checked through an xml file stored on a website...

there will be multiple servers for downloading the apps from...during the beta phase i will hosts it all myself...but i know i wont have enough bandwidth once it goes public, so i figure i can have the app check online for list of active servers with the newest version to download from...chances are I would make some place for devs of these apps to go into to update their program version and mirrors...

yup...i think thats most of it :)

585101811[/snapback]

Thanks, looks excellent! (Y) Good luck with it, I look forward to seeing it.

SkyyPunk
Secret Santa?

dL

585103194[/snapback]

lol, 2nd person to say that... :p

betterthanyou

Not even a comment, eh? Negative, postive, nuetral, nothing. Oh well, I tried.

Hankyone

here is my try

post-48841-1103152764.jpg

SkyyPunk
Not even a comment, eh? Negative, postive, nuetral, nothing. Oh well, I tried.

585107005[/snapback]

sorry lol i just quickly looked over stuff while i was working. yours is great too :) I like how it doesnt use the std logo...nice colors and shadow...

hanky-also nice...it goes well with betterthanyou's one...only concern (i dont know why this stuck out to me) is the reflection of the neowin symbol seems off...looks like the symbol is angled back but the reflection is like its tilted sideways...

its going to be hard to choose ones to go with!!

Hankyone

updated, what u think?

edit: updated the updated

post-48841-1103215553.jpg

post-48841-1103215669.jpg

DigitalSnow

Looks Good (Y)

What font is that?

Hankyone
Looks Good (Y)

What font is that?

585111683[/snapback]

and the font of fonts is written in arial :p

post-48841-1103216475.jpg

SkyyPunk
updated, what u think?

edit: updated the updated

585111667[/snapback]

You got exactly what I meant :) Looks great...this looks like a good one for the about page....

hopefully ill have another update tonight on it...but probably not till this weekend

wing.

>_> i have no clue wtf is going on in this thread lol so heres something i made :D

post-43934-1103217515.jpg

SkyyPunk
>_> i have no clue wtf is going on in this thread lol so heres something i made  :D

585111797[/snapback]

oo very nice logo

gazebee_

sorry for digging up this thread again, but i had to say those are really nice designs!

Lare2

Now that yopu dig this thread, I'll jump to ask, what was that "Neowin SS" anywhay

[hObO]

*accedentaily posted in the worng topic :p*

gazebee_
Now that yopu dig this thread, I'll jump to ask, what was that "Neowin SS" anywhay

585284924[/snapback]

the thread starter is trying to compile a bunch of programs and call it "Neowin SS", saw that in a different thread he had earlier in the day. Search for it :D

SkyyPunk

you can find info on the actual program: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=270680 . Thanks for your graphics all :) I will be PMing you wing., but if i get sidetracked, I would like to use yours for the installer...like on the left or a top banner... (if on the left, it would just be the logo/reflection, not the empty space on the side)