Trouble with p2p downloads

Im writing this in for a friend...

erm, see he's having difficulty downloading stuff of the net, in particular using shareaza, and he's been complaining to me that he's downloads speed are slow and laggy.

the problem had arisen after he started networking his computer to his brothers computer. he is using a prolink 9000p adsl modem with a built in router. since then, both have complained of slow download speeds.

they have both tried consulting this site : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/73686

but they can't seem to understand anything.

the 2 computer affected use :

penitum 3, realtek rtl8139(a) pci fast ethernet adaptor. a prolink 900p modem/router on one of the computers.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

:)

Is he aware that the slowness of his highspeed may be due to spyware and adwares? I doubt that this is a network issue... And also, P2P means sharing your bandwidth with anonymous users.. Hay if you download from them, they will download from you too... That may cause the network congestion...

he may also want to try using a different P2P client I found sharezaa to be

slow and lagged my computer after Uninstalling it and using something else Network speeds picked up for me.Hope that helps

:sleep:

so you really think people are gonna help you with warez p2p help? it's against the rules.

585070231[/snapback]

i'm not the one using it. just asking for a solution to a friends problem.

i'm not the one using it. just asking for a solution to a friends problem.

585070255[/snapback]

That still is against the rules, just because it's not for you and for a friend, does not rule out the rules....

That still is against the rules, just because it's not for you and for a friend, does not rule out the rules....

585070771[/snapback]

Well, it is a grey area, there are some legal files on there.

Well, it is a grey area, there are some legal files on there.

585070780[/snapback]

True as well... but we all know the truth.. but still a grey area as you said. :pinch: oh well

Well to help out alittle, the above link you gave Lan88, that your friend tried, is to configure shareaza and bittorent, to forward the proper ports for it.

They want to forward port 6346 to their computer, since there are 2 in question, 1 use the default, and in the options of shareaza just change it to another port like 6346 and forward it to the other computer.

Make sure they setup a static network ip so they do not have to keep changing the settings to forward what port to what computer each time, if it ever came down to it.

True as well... but we all know the truth.. but still a grey area as you said. :pinch: oh well

585070828[/snapback]

Yes but you can't assume anything. He said put the fact of the content his friend MIGHT be downloading aside and help him. Its just negative to helping somebody to imply they may be doing something you don't condone and as long as he doesn't openly talk about anything against the rules just leave it alone (Y)

Ok, damn fast edit :rofl:

You helped out (and well :o) :p

My advice, scan for adaware using Spybot Search and Destroy, do a full virus scan (and make sure your spyware and antivirus software are both upto date). Uninstall shareaza and see what happens?