'gay Jesus' ?

Dashel

Is Adonai on vacation or something? Who is this guy?

islanq

I myself am Christain and find it somewhat offensive but I beleive in freedom of speech and you know what, I don't have to go see it just because it's playing, and obviously people who are against it aren't going to see it so whats the big deal? Let them have their show that may or may not be profitable. ::shrugs::

Big Tex
i can't help it if some people don't understand my arguments.  i know others do.

585079343[/snapback]

Yea, you and anyone who smoked as much dope as you today... :laugh:

dreamz

is it offensive to people because they find homosexuality offensive first (so then they extrapolate to god), or is it the reverse?

2 different errors right there.

DreAming in DigITal
myself am Christain and find it somewhat offensive but I beleive in freedom of speech and you know what, I don't have to go see it just because it's playing, and obviously people who are against it aren't going to see it so whats the big deal? Let them have their show that may or may not be profitable. ::shrugs::

Exactly....And I apoligize for participating in the Hijacking of this thread :angry:

Big Tex
is it offensive to people because they find homosexuality offensive first (so then they extrapolate to god), or is it the reverse?

2 different errors right there.

585079403[/snapback]

Why does it even matter? There are plenty of people who find homos offensive that have never stepped in a church or that do not go to church, like myself.

Fotix
I myself am Christain and find it somewhat offensive but I beleive in freedom of speech and you know what, I don't have to go see it just because it's playing, and obviously people who are against it aren't going to see it so whats the big deal? Let them have their show that may or may not be profitable. ::shrugs::

585079379[/snapback]

Reminds me of the saying, Freedom is not there to protect that which you agree with; rather, it exists to protect that which you do not agree with.

Since obviously people don't usually go about having government bannings or prosecutions of things they agree with.

It shows a healthy respect for the concept, but of course everybody has their limit...

dreamz
Yea, you and anyone who smoked as much dope as you today...  :laugh:

585079402[/snapback]

how enlightening.

Why does it even matter?  There are plenty of people who find homos offensive that have never stepped in a church or that do not go to church, like myself.

585079422[/snapback]

it matters because the people who find a homosexual deity offensive are most likely religious.

concerning secular matters of homosexuality, i have already dealt with that extensively in papers and other threads.

undeRliRcs
Why does it even matter?  There are plenty of people who find homos offensive that have never stepped in a church or that do not go to church, like myself.

585079422[/snapback]

I don't know, maybe it's a little thing called prejudice...:whistle:

PseudoRandomDragon
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

585079282[/snapback]

That is not the word of the Lord.

Big Tex
That is not the word of the Lord.

585079449[/snapback]

The bible is the word of the lord.

Fotix

Jesus or a god or gods didn't write a single line in the bible, the books are the opinions of the dozens of human authors spanning over the years...a long ass time ago when people were poorly educated.

PseudoRandomDragon
The bible is the word of the lord.

585079475[/snapback]

The bible has long since been tainted by human evil.

Big Tex
how enlightening.

it matters because the people who find a homosexual deity offensive are most likely religious.

concerning secular matters of homosexuality, i have already dealt with that extensively in papers and other threads.

585079440[/snapback]

True, but one does not have to be religious to be offended by a person or deity being portayed as being gay. They could be offended by gays period, no matter what they are supposed to be.

Big Tex
I don't know, maybe it's a little thing called prejudice...:whistle:

585079443[/snapback]

So....... :blink:

undeRliRcs
So.......  :blink:

585079493[/snapback]

:huh: So nothing, you've already said you're prejudice. My post didn't require a reply.

dreamz
True, but one does not have to be religious to be offended by a person or deity being portayed as being gay.  They could be offended by gays period, no matter what they are supposed to be.

585079488[/snapback]

hence, the most likely, which is what we were dealing with in the thread: religious issues.

but to that point, the motivation for offense is still unclear. i suspect a social phenomenon rather than individual agency is the culprit.

Big Tex

If you do not beleive in the bible, then you do not beleive it is the word of the lord, etc...

There are plenty of hard core fanatics out there that take the bible seriously and beleive it to be the word of the lord...

Who are you to say that they are wrong? Who are they to say that you are wrong? Maybe we will all find out when we die, or not.

What do I think about it? I don't know because I have not made up my mind, so don't flame me on the topic.......

Flame me because I hate gays... :D

undeRliRcs
If you do not beleive in the bible, then you do not beleive it is the word of the lord, etc...

There are plenty of hard core fanatics out there that take the bible seriously and beleive it to be the word of the lord...

Who are you to say that they are wrong?  Who are they to say that you are wrong?  Maybe we will all find out when we die, or not.

What do I think about it?  I don't know because I have not made up my mind, so don't flame me on the topic.......

Flame me because I hate gays... :D

585079515[/snapback]

"Who are you to say that they are wrong?" - Because neither God nor Jesus wrote the Bible; unless you're referring to the Old Testment which is still written by the hands of man but supposedly with God or Jesus or whoever guiding them.

I won't flame you because you hate, I rather pity you.

DreAming in DigITal

Who are you to say that they are wrong? Who are they to say that you are wrong? Maybe we will all find out when we die, or not.

What do I think about it? I don't know because I have not made up my mind, so don't flame me on the topic.......

Flame me because I hate gays...

I bet he wears a cowboy hat, drives a truck, and humps a steer or his sister (which ever is available). :rofl: