Zone Alarm Pro and port 2082

I can't acess a site that has port 2082.

When i shutdown my firewall, i still have no acess.

What should i do to have acess to that port?

is it TCP or UDP or something else?

is it incoming or outgoing?

Runnin on:

Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.062

WinXP SP2 (FW disabled)

PS: Sorry for being such a newbie.

Just don't use ZoneAlarm, if you're using a router you don't even need one since there is a hardware firewall built into most routers these days. A hardware firewall is always better than a software one :)

create an expert filter in za to allow all traffic on that port through. then apply the filter.

Then once you have worked out that it is zone alarm blocking it, tighten up the filter to only allow traffic to that site.

Hardware firewalls are better than software, but hardware firewalls don't have as much contoll over outgoing apps when it comes to applications.

• 2 weeks later...
Just don't use ZoneAlarm, if you're using a router you don't even need one since there is a hardware firewall built into most routers these days. A hardware firewall is always better than a software one :)

585085718[/snapback]

It's misleading to tell people not to use a software firewall program. While it's true a hardware firewall will give some inbound protection, it won't notify you of programs sending data out of your computer. A trojan can easily get past a router then spew data like a firehose. Zonealarm (or other firewall program) will at least tell you something is trying to transmit out without your permission. In addition, you can protect certain data from being mined from your computer which a router cannot do. :o