mac-address filtering

hello, i have a win2k3 server with ISA server 2004 on it.. everything is fine and nice but i need to filter only the mac-addresses that i need to be able to access the internet through my server.. and what bandwidth enforcer would you suggest for win2k3? thanks in advance..

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question as I don't use windows 2003, but I just thought I would chime in to let you know that MAC filtering isn't an effective security solution. MAC addresses can be spoofed arbitrarily in the windows registry and linux config files.

yes man i usually use pppoe with ms-chapv2 authentication.. but in a netcafe, the last thing people need to do is to let them try to connect to the pppoe server..etc.. and i can link my pppoe server with a raduis server and force mac authentication along with the user/pass which are sent encrypted but we need linux.. and the person im working with asked for a nice & neat solution for an internet cafe using windows..i already found a program called 8Signs Firewall from http://www.8signs.com/firewall/ , but i would like to ask if anybody has tried it yet? and if there are other solutions too.. thanks again in advance

What you need is a setup that no authenticated traffic to the proxy for log in.

I access a system like this @ uni - No matter who uses it, what system etc, any traffic to use the wireless network is redirected to your proxy page. (we do have to config it to access the net afterwards though via a proxy.pac, as once the wireless is auth, we then auth to another proxy.)