• yes
    • no
    • he's there when u need him most
    • yes, but i dont pray
    • atheist
    • anarchist
    • i don't know
    • i don't want to answer, call me later

I can't give you more proof than that I read in a holy book...It all depends on you and how and where you were raised. Maybe they're lies, but I chose to belive, unlike you. And I don't disrespect you for your opinion and neither should you disrespect me for my opinion

I can't give you more proof than that I read in a holy book...It all depends on you and how and where you were raised. Maybe they're lies, but I belive them

586255189[/snapback]

Fair enough, I respect the fact that you believe in what you believe.

Have you read other religious or spiritual texts outside of Islam/Judaism/Christianity? I've read the Supreme Personality of Godhead by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, it was really interesting reading.

I can't give you more proof than that I read in a holy book...It all depends on you and how and where you were raised. Maybe they're lies, but I belive them

586255189[/snapback]

Who created the holy book?

I don't belive in a "god" because ther eis no evidence nor has there ever been that he/she/it exists. And the only argument religious practitioners can produce is that "faith" is all that is needed but ask yourselves, what is faith? wher edoes it come from? how is it possible for it to make someone "believe" in a "god"

Not trying to disrespect, just trying to get some answers.

586255106[/snapback]

Faith comes in many forms. In one sense everytime you step on a plane your having a subconscious faith that it will fly and not crash. The atom according to science is the most basic building block of eerything but yet it is still theoretical because it is so small they have yet to see it, but there is no evidence. A good portion of science is based on theoretical models.

Who created the holy book?

586255202[/snapback]

I know the qoraan was written by Mohamed part by part and it was compiled into a book by people who followed him. I was born a Muslim but that's not why I belive. As I said, I chose to. Life is all about choices

Miracles in the past, prophet's (sp?) experiences, etc....There's really so much you can learn from the qoraan, the bible and the torah.

586255153[/snapback]

Sorry man, those are absolutely no "proof". First of all, I know of no single miracle that has actually been proved to have happened.

And prophets, what about them? Why would someone propagating for a certain belief be an evidence?

And third, experiences? Please, if we were to believe everything as it "seems to be", we would still consider the earth to be flat. Do some science 101 before talking about "proof".

There's really not that much to learn from the bible, it's one of the most horrifying books ever written!

It's true what you say though, we should all have respect for each others believes, tolerance is one of the foundations of democracy.

Edited by jdb264c

The atom according to science is the most basic building block of eerything but yet it is still theoretical because it is so small they have yet to see it, but there is no evidence. A good portion of science is based on theoretical models.

586255204[/snapback]

If the atom doesn't exist, explain the atomic bomb

586255224[/snapback]

I didnt say it didnt exist, but just by having a bomb proves its existence? I think not. Thats not enough proof I want pictures. I want to able ablle to see it and touch it thats hard concrete proof. Which is what my response was to the other member when he spoke of "no proof/evidence".

586255224[/snapback]

It is a fact that scientists haven't yet seen the atom (The atom is only a theorem). The atomic bomb is based on speculation and testing of the so called "atomic structure" which we know little about. The explosion of an atomic bomb consists of an immense release of energy caused by the chain-reaction in which more and more atoms are split. The reaction begins when one atom of U-235 or plutonium (a radioactive by-product of nuclear fission) splits under the impact of a single neutron. The atom splits into two fragments, and at the same time releases more neutrons, which then split more atoms, and so on, in a sustaining sequence. Although I feel that Religion has nothing to do with science

I know the qoraan was written by Mohamed part by part and it was compiled into a book by people who followed him. I was born a Muslim but that's not why I belive. As I said, I chose to. Life is all about choices

586255220[/snapback]

I respect that response, you make sense. :)

I didnt say it didnt exist, but just by having a bomb proves its existence? I think not. Thats not enough proof I want pictures. I want to able ablle to see it and touch it thats hard concrete proof. Which is what my response was to the other member when he spoke of "no proof/evidence".

586255238[/snapback]

we cant see oxygen but it does exist, because we be dead now.

Faith comes in many forms. In one sense everytime you step on a plane your having a subconscious faith that it will fly and not crash. The atom according to science is the most basic building block of eerything but yet it is still theoretical because it is so small they have yet to see it, but there is no evidence. A good portion of science is based on theoretical models.

586255204[/snapback]

The atom is certainly not the basic building block of everything, atoms are composed of protons neutrons and electrons, protons and neutrons are composed of quarks, and it'll probably reduce further down as more powerful particle accelerators are developed.

But anyway, you can't "see" these because theyre smaller than the wavelength of visible light. However, if you use electron microscopes, xray crystallography and the various of techniques you can prove they exist.

Thats not enough proof I want pictures. I want to able ablle to see it and touch it thats hard concrete proof. Which is what my response was to the other member when he spoke of "no proof/evidence".

586255238[/snapback]

Although pictures isn't always necessary for proving something (especially not for someone trying to prove the existence of god ;) ), I actually think that IBM managed to take pictures of a couple of atoms forming the IBM-logotype like 5-10 years ago? Could be wrong, it was a while ago...

On the relationship between anarchism and atheism, I suggest a browse through "God and the State" by Mikhail Bakunin:

I take the rejection of god, and religion altogether, to be part of employing anarchist principles as principles of behaviour; the rejection of authority, primarily arbitrary authority.

586224411[/snapback]

So because I dont belive in God, or that anything like it has ever existed, I reject all authority? False.

Also that guy writing that book seems to be a little biased in his opinion of Atheism. Seems like he is relating teh Devil and knowledge. I bet all the dumb southern-zealots love quotes like that. "We dont need no schools, we got God." Knowledge is more powerful than any religion.

God is a giant belgian waffle. With lotsa nooks.

No, really. Nooks are deep, but only relative to the waffle, right? Compared to everything else, though, they're incredibly shallow.

Profound, huh?

586255224[/snapback]

The explosion of an atomic bomb consists of an immense release of energy caused by the chain-reaction in which more and more atoms are split. The reaction begins when one atom of U-235 or plutonium (a radioactive by-product of nuclear fission) splits under the impact of a single neutron. The atom splits into two fragments, and at the same time releases more neutrons, which then split more atoms, and so on, in a sustaining sequence.

Each step in a chain takes only one millionth of a second to complete, during which time two million million million atoms are split. But in order for the chain reaction to begin, there has to be a certain quantity called the 'critical mass', of U-235 or plutonium present- about 11 lb. In a smaller mass more neutrons would escape from its surface than were being created at the centre, so stopping the chain process.

So that the chain-reaction does not start before the bomb is on target, the fissionable material is packed in the bomb-casing in two separate 'subcritical' masses that are only brought together at the moment of detonation.

The Hiroshima bomb was ten feet long and weighed 9,000 lb; the Nagasaki bomb was ten feet, eight inches long and weighed 10,000 lb.

The virtually instantaneous release of so much energy causes a wave of very high pressure to sweep outwards at the speed of sound. With a twenty kiloton bomb (the size of the bombs dropped in Japan), the blasts flattens all structures within a radius of one mile and causes severe damage up to One and a half miles. The explosion also creates temperatures of millions of degrees. At Hiroshima, flash burns killed people a mile from ground zero (the point directly under the explosion)

An Atom Bomb also releases radioactivity in the form of electrically neutral nuclear particles called neutrons and gamma rays (similar to X-rays), which can penetrate thick concrete and remain lethal up to a mile from the explosion. At Hiroshima the radiation dose at one and a half miles from ground zero amounted to six times the local dose. Though this radiation is short lived, the dust sucked up by the explosion also becomes radioactive, to return to Earth for months as 'Fallout'.

STILL WE DON'T KNOW IF IT EXISTS....SPECULATION

(Leviticus 25:44) - "?As for your male and female slaves whom you may have?you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you." Where can i buy some slaves?

i am god, becuase i say it. now i want another revision of the bible, and in place of god, it will now say fo20. can you prove im not god? i think not! :D